EasyJet / excess baggage charge
4 adults travelled by easyjet to murcia from gatwick airport for a golfing holiday. We had paid the extra charge to take our golf clubs and my party of four sailed through gatwick check in without a hitch.
On the return journey we check in all our baggaged including golf equipment and our luggage all went through the rubber flapped doors to then be told that we were 31 kilos over weight. We argued this with the rudist and most unhelpful women on the check in desk that how could we be over weight when we had less weight coming back tha going. She then issued us a chit and told us to take this to the enquiry desk and pay for the excess baggage weight. This work out at 12 euros per kilo (Total 372 euros).
We argued this with another most rude and unhelpful women and asked her what would happen if we did not have that sort of money. She replied in her very smug manner that if we did not have the money then we would have to leave our luggage behind.
My major complaint was that the wording on my paper work says that the maximum weight is 20 kilos per person and there was not a limit on the golf equipment because this was an extra cost that we already paid. We were told that the max weight of the golf clubs was 12 kilos. There is no way you can take a set of colf clubs weighing 12 or les. It is not possible.
I feel very let down by easjet as I booked this flight and organised the whole trip and at the very end of our trip we have been robbed because of the wording on the easyjet web page. It clearly states golf equipment paid in full.
Our party was put in a position that we had to pay or lose the flight or our luggage.
When we got back to gatwick we complained to easyjet customer service who basicaly told us the same story. That is the weight limit and we have gone over it.
1. Why were we let through customs at gatwick without any charges if we were over weight.
2. Why is the wording not clear on the web page. Is it to deliberatly catch you out?
3. If we were over weight on the outbound journey, why did easyjet not make us aware of this. Is it that they knew we would get robbed on the inbound flight?
4. Why did the rude spanish women on the checkin deck let all the luggage go through before telling us we were over weight.
More EasyJet Complaints & Reviews
- EasyJet - the best way to complain to easyjet 
- EasyJet - fraud and scam 
- EasyJet.com - terrible service! 
- EasyJet - 24 hour cancellation policy 
- EasyJet - internet booking error 
- EasyJet Airline Company - luggage
- EasyJet Airline Company - flight delay
- EasyJet Airline Company - hand luggage
- EasyJet Airline Company - missed departure
- EasyJet Airline Company - boarding not allowed