EasyJet / highway robbery!
Checked in with hubbie and kid for flight to Luton on time and went straight to Security - delayed there by mega-long queue and staff shortage - got to Gate 10 mins to spare and told bumped from flight and £35 each to "transfer" to Stansted. Stone-faced girl @ Sales said £292 - had no option but to pay - and an hour later heard not from Easyjet but from 2 other passengers bumped before us from same flight that Head Office had approved £35 charge. Found someone to process this who printed out £292 charge and said it would be refunded minus £35 each - when being steamrollered what choice have you but to agree?
On return from London checked credit card and no refund - no reply from "reply to you within 24-hours helpline", tracked down phone number with live person on end (no mean feat) who told me he was refunding as we spoke... no refund. Took several more emails and over a week to get "refund" of £197 -( don't know where they get their figures from) after being assured each time it was sent to different credit card or bank accounts.
Return flight was 30 mins late leaving... no refund. I arrived on time for checking, had zero control over Security, did not hear even ONE announcement re flight closure and could not have proceeded even if I had and got to Gate before flight was to leave and I get charged and redirected and grief - looks like contemporary highway robbery but there is no Sherrif to stop this theft.
More EasyJet Complaints & Reviews
- EasyJet - the best way to complain to easyjet 
- EasyJet - fraud and scam 
- EasyJet.com - terrible service! 
- EasyJet - excess baggage charge 
- EasyJet - 24 hour cancellation policy 
- EasyJet Airline Company - luggage
- EasyJet Airline Company - flight delay
- EasyJet Airline Company - hand luggage
- EasyJet Airline Company - missed departure
- EasyJet Airline Company - boarding not allowed