EasyJet / debit taken without authorisation

1 Bristol, England, Avon, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07930353011

Whilst trying to book flights on line through the EasyJet official website I encountered an error on step 3 of the booking process - the quote 'Sorry, the browser has lost all associated data with this booking. Please return to step 1 to begin the booking process again' It also supplies an error reference of GSD01 to allow you to contact EasyJet with this problem. I attempted to book again from step 1 but gave up eventually under the impression that my booking was not logged or confirmed. Turns out EasyJet have taken the amount from my bank account this morning leaving me £400 overdrawn without my knowledge. This is probably a very common problem and I expect many many more people have experienced this and been charged possibly without their knowledge. You would have thought that you havent booked anything when in actual fact you have paid for something unwittingly. The lady at EasyJet customer services, when I finally managed to speak to a human being, was on the whole - not helpful and as this is a non-refundable airline I have kindly been given a 'credit file' for £300 to use towards the next flight if booked through EasyJet again (chances of this happening are currently zilch' As far as I am concerned, I have not proceeded with my booking nor have I travelled anywhere with EasyJet and am overall disgusted by their services. Is there anyone else out there who has suffered the same?

Comments

• Vl
      7th of Mar, 2009

We just encountered the exact same problem. Its a terrible kind of fraud. We ll do whatever we can to not let them get away with it.