EasyHome / easyhome scam

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Well less than a year ago, I leased to own some funiture from easy home. And experienced the following - they damaged my landlords hardwood floors, the bedroom set was peeling and the sales people never gave me a consistent answer as to how much each product was. I was told, I could return the items anytime - when I did, my other items were jacked up in price. I was also told, when you return the item - the money could be transered to any other item of the same or less value - which is bull! I leased a very used and very old rearprojection tv - which I had intention to pay off in cash...I was told that my mattresses were only on lease for 1year and could not be returned due to hygenic reasons (which makes sense) when it came down to me wanting to pay them off mmediately - I was told it was over $2000dollars!!! She couldnt even tell me how much and this was after paying for the items for 7months!!! so basically I was almost done paying for mattress!!! I was so angry... that I said take back everything!!! I was expecting for the regional manager to call me back as I had filed a complain - never did!!! I am also angry because a few months ago, when I wanted to return the tv - the sales person said Keep it, you are basically getting it for FREE... talk about misleading.

Please share you stories.. lets warn people not to use the store... these people are shady!

Comments

• Me
      10th of Jan, 2012

I would agree they are the worst store in the world i have bought out a laptop a bed and a playstation3 with this company and now that im a lil late with my last payment on my tv set hell they are threatening court action...good luck with that for i will have it paid off before that date comes...it just makes me sick for im sure with all i bought through them i probably could have bought a brand new car by now and they are so unforgivining if you get a lil behind, , so yes people stay away from easyhome go to aaron's i find their staff and service is so much better then this place ...my tv set retail right now is 195 and so far i have paid i have paid over 4700 for this tv set..i owe 90 dollars on it ...so whats that over 1000 per cent interest, if you were to borrow 2000 from a loanshark he only wants 4000 back but when you buy a 200 tv from easyhome they want 5000 for it and if you dont pay they want it back even if you only have one payment left...if you dont pay a loanshark back he is usually more understanding then easyhome..easy home should be regulated on their prices ...as far as i am concerned this is just a legalized way of loansharking...so easyhome can just take advantage of people who are old or those who had a bad credit report well stick it easyhome i am an arron's girl now...

13th of Jan, 2012

My roommate is paying $3500 for a WELL USED 50" Samsung plasma tv which was obviously taken from the floor display. I had purchased my 42" LG LED from Future Shop the week before for $750!!! He's paying way in excess of a premium price for a piece of yesterdays technology. Not only that, when they delivered the TV they brought a receipt and paperwork for an LG tv. I am fairly sure there is some sort of SCAM going on at the ORANGEVILLE, ONTARIO EASYHOME STORE. It makes me sick to see people taken advantage of. The guy doesn't have much and just wants to make his life a bit more comfortable

• Kk
      8th of Feb, 2012

you can keep anything under 5000 $

• Ky
      31st of Mar, 2012

I had leased a iPad they told me that I would only be able to get the display model. After waiting 3 days for them to set up the iPad which I could have easly done I finally get it deliverd to me just to find that the whole back side is all scratched and dented beyond belief. When I took it back to the store and told them that I refuse to pay full price for something that is already damaged... The clerk said the only thing I can do for you is lower the price by $3... Keep in mind that I was paying almost $1200.00. It's not that I can't afford the damn thing it was just a spontaneous purchases, the next day I went out and bought an 74 GB ipad 2 for $650.00... My mother leased a 43" television not even 2 months latter the thing does not work anymore. Take it back to get it replaced and they give me a 40" for the same price as what I'm paying for the 43" just as a replacement... This place is a damn joke ... Never use them for anything

• Br
      14th of Feb, 2013

they broke into a friends house and when my friend went to confront manager she told them they had a locksmith there and sheriff with them ..so my friend went to police station to write complaint they turned around and told police that my friend let them in house .and the delivery staff swore that my friend was home at the time even though she was with me in another city the whole afternoon...no one was home at all when they came..this happened in Wetaksiwin Alberta ...the regional manager called and being very rude said the had A Prairie Bailiff there and they have the right to seize there stolen property any time they want too...how is it stolen when they delivered to house and no one was home and the back window was broken ...

• Sh
      8th of Oct, 2013

Easy home are well known for their products being used they claim its new but its not. I've seen a sofa set used going for 25$ a week for 3 years and the sofa set was stained by what look like javex.
    There's a Facebook page called easy home scam who are there to warm people away from that company Check em out