Easycgi.com / website/e-mail screw-ups

1 Nova Scotia, Canada Review updated:

Wow... I agree... this EASYCGI migration thing has my e-mail services all ^%$ed up. It is a total
mess at EASYCGI and has been now for almost a week. I suspect heads will roll over this current
disaster, if not there should be. Another day or so of this and I'm bailing out and switching ISP's. I've
been with them for years but this is a week now of disasters one after another, just constant problems
with EasyCGI. Sad to say but they are in a mess.

De

Comments

17th of Oct, 2008

same here, its been a week and Easycgi still haven't put my server up yet. I wonder if there's any legal issue i can pursue if they cannot bring my server back to it's original state?

• St
      25th of Oct, 2008

I too have been with EasyCGI for several years and on the whole things have been pretty good but this migration process is a complete mess. I've had clients with no e-mail for over a week! I'm spending a large proportion of my work day trying to get issues resolved.

For me it started 2 weeks ago with a few billing issues. Now domains are being moved and the past week has been one huge headache. Who do I invoice for my time? Noone I guess.

They've made me look bad to my clients and that's something I don't take lightly. As with deebeex I'm looking to move to an alternative hosting solution. What's another 24-48 hours downtime!!

Thanks EasyCGI your migration has certainly impacted my business.

• Ea
      10th of Nov, 2008

Unfortunately, there isn't enough room in this text box to discuss what all they have done wrong. I've been with EasyCGI for over 5 years, and I am now moving all accounts (more than 50) off of their servers, from shared plans to VPS.
    1. They took my VPS down for more than a full week. The new support department could not care less. When it finally was restored it was a wreck.
    2. They promise 99.9% uptime, and I have had several sites down for days at a time. Email has been completely hosed. The new platform they are putting everything on is a trash can.
    3. They even had one of my domains resolving to the WRONG WEBSITE, some other account of theirs. Seriously, that's just an embarrassment to web hosting.
    4. Other accounts they migrated but left the SSL behind? Seriously. I guess they thought the credit card processing wasn't that important.
    5. Other sites had custom DLLs (com objects) installed, and naturally they trashed those and have no idea what you're talking about when you call. They now have Tiers 1, 2, and 3, support. You can't talk to 2 and 3. You get Tier 1's canned responses for everything after the 30 minute phone queue, a couple times I waited more than an hour. Every SINGLE time it's the same thing... "we apologize for the inconvenience".

If you are considering hosting with them, just go jump off a cliff, you'd be better off. Should someone want to validate any of my claims, you can contact me through this site, my email address is real.

• Jc
      11th of Nov, 2008

As others have said, this migration has been an absolute nightmare. I've been with EasyCGI for nearly 7 years now with multiple sites. For 6 1/2 years, they were great. Now, they have completely fallen apart. Examples:

1. All of our FTP accounts (we have 1 for each customer) have been opened up to the ENTIRE site (rather than the directory that the customer should only have access to).

2. The tools that we had used to upload files (these were ones that EasyCGI supported ... ASPUpload) now suddenly don't work. They "path" has been changed. Simple enough except that nobody at EasyCGI can tell us the new path. We spent about 8 hours on phone calls / Live Chat to receive no answer there.

3. The form mailer that they supported (ASPEmail) no longer works. Again, redesign.

4. Their support went from being OK to being horrific. If you call in, you'll be placed on hold for about 20 minutes at which point you'll have to leave a message. Leaving a message apparently goes into a black hole as we have NEVER received a call back (and we've probably left close to a dozen messages now).

5. The LIVE chat support personnel create all sorts of frustrations as well as these folks must be new to a computer and English. After challenging you with "sign up with a security question", they can't even see it. Last Friday, I created a security question 3 times. Each request was as though we had just started chatting. After 4 hours of non-sense like "please give me a couple of minutes to research your issue", they told me it would be escalated. Obviously, that is their way to drop the chat. I've never received a response.

6. We have been double and tripple billed. They said its because of the way the new plan is set up. That doesn't make any sense, but that is their excuse.

7. Our site will completely go down with no warning. And, its down for days, not minutes.

So, I am now faced with moving all of our sites which is a tremendous task. But, we simply can't attempt to conduct business like this any further.

• Ge
      2nd of Jan, 2009
    Easycgi.com - hosting services
    Third Wave
    Michigan

I've experienced most of the complaints lodged by others and am moving my site, and my two clients' sites, away from easycgi.

For both of my clients, easycgi provided no warning when they were moving our sites to the new platform. In both cases they copied old database copies and old software copies to the new platform, and lost significant, valuable data for us and our clients.

Their tech support, especially their ticket system, but also their first line phone support, is pitiful.

12th of Dec, 2009
    Easycgi.com - Fake
    EasyCgi.com
    easycgi.com

EasyCGI is worst site i have come across. They terminated my account saying you have used your account for file hosting. In real i have stored an 30MB Ms Access file with few asp pages that come to total 60MB at most. The plan says I have 350GB storage space with 3500GB Bandwidth @ 10$/month. They terminated my account with complete data loss and no refund. It has worst management with 3 to 4 days reply time.