Easy White Labs / Deceitful Advertising and Fraudulent Billing

1 Boulder, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-660-5724

Ordered sample of Easy White Lab's teeth whitening product along with a similar sample from another company. Both products were advertised togather.

All I had to do was pay the shipping (which is how they get your credit card information).

Both companies charged my credit card for the shipping which was minimal. Then to my suprise, a short time later, both companies charged my credit card for a combined $150.

When I contacted one company they agreed to reverse the charges on my credit card (hopefully this takes place). When I contacted Easy White Labs, (it took at least ten telephone calls to their toll free number) they refused to issue credit and said that the agreement allowed them to charge the monthly amount. I would have never agreed to this agreement and don't think it was worded this way. If it was, it was deceptively buried.

They tried telling me that I needed to return the unopened product and that they would then refund 75% of my money. Since I haven't tried their product as yet, I will try this, but I seriously doubt that it will ever happen.

Researching the information relating to the ownership of Easy White's website was no help. They use Godaddy.com's, Domains By Proxy, which is popular for companies with deceitful business practices.

I have complained to the FTC and BBB in both Arizona and Colorado.

Jo

Comments

14th of Apr, 2009

As a follow up to this problem, I still haven't received a refund from Easy White. However, I have discovered that the name of the company that owns and markets Easy White is Adex Media, Inc. which has the following contact info:

883 North Shoreline Boulevard
    Suite A-200
    Mountain View, CA 94043

Telephone: 1-650-967-3040
    Fax: 650-967-3185

I would encourage everyone else that his been burned by Easy White Labs to contact the company and also file a complaint with the California Better Business Bureau and with the appropriate Attorney Generals office.

Adex Media is publically traded (over the counter) OTCBB:ADXM.

While they have other business interests, my guess is that they steal from consumers with their Easy White Labs product to keep their doors open.

• Ea
      23rd of Apr, 2009

This is insane. They have an 800 number to cancel. If you dont like the product return it and own nothing.

• Pe
      27th of Apr, 2009

EVERYONE who has been scammed by this so called wonderful company needs to complain to anyone who will listen. This is one of the biggest scams out there on the internet today.
    If you call Easy White Labs to cancel you have to leave a message. Don't bother using the easy online cancel when you put your info in they have no idea of who you are (how convenient).
    The other company is Teeth Whitening who actually goes under the name of (Advance Wellness Research.com). When you call to cancel they state until you receive the 30 day supply you cannot supply, that is not what it says when you sign up. So now they have charged your card for another shipping fee plus the amount for the product, plus you also have the charge for the 30 day supply from the Easy White Labs plus another shipping.
    THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM AND IF YOU DO GET TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE THEY ARE "RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS" AND TELL YOU THAT YOU CANNOT CANCEL UNTIL YOU TRY THE 30 SUPPLY. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO WIPE THIS PIECE OF TRASH OFF THE INTERNET!!!

• Pe
      27th of Apr, 2009

What is the toll free number of Easy White Labs? I can't find it anywhere.

• Sc
      28th of Apr, 2009

1-866-660-5724 or email [protected]@easywhitelabs.com or you can cancel at easywhitelab.com

• Ka
      29th of Apr, 2009

CAVEATS...BEWARE...
    IF YOU OPEN YOUR PRODUCT, YOU WILL BE CHARGED...I WAS CREDITED ONLY 35.00 OF THE 78.23 CHARGE

IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL IN "ABOUT" 10 DAYS, ANOTHER SHIPMENT WILL BE COMING TO YOU...

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH TO AN ASSISTANT, BUT YOU CAN LEAVE A MESSAGE...THEY NEVER ANSWERED MINE..

YOU ARE CHARGED A RESTOCKING FEE

IF THEY SHIP AND YOU DO NOT RECEIVE, IT IS YOUR PROBLEM TO SOLVE NOT THEIRS.

READ IMMEDIATELY THE TERMS OF THE TRIAL AND IF YOUR WISE YOU WILL GET AN RMA NUMBER AND RETURN IMMEDIATELY.

YOU CAN PURCHASE AT TARGET STORES W/O ALL THIS CHARGE AND MESS.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND IT MAY END UP COSTING ME APPROXIMATELY 120.00 .

• Zi
      1st of May, 2009

Most everything that has been said is true. We were able to get through to the 866 number and a nice lady told us that this so-called trial would cost us a minimum of $40.34 providing we return the unopened product. Somehow we managed to order a "blue light" listed under "education" on the credit charge for which we were billed $14.95. That was in addition to the $5.83 shipping charge on the "trial box". Zing! Then we got charged $78.23 before we could sneeze as the trial period was up. Have any one of you noticed that their 10 day trial starts the moment you make the order - hence, it could take 10 days to get to you and your trial would already be over! Anyhow, the lady said we could keep the product and get a credit of $35.00 immediately meaning that...we would lose even more. We intend to file complaints with the Attorney General of both California and of Colorado and also, to check out the laws governing interestate commerce for their "quick draw McGraw" tactics. Their only business mission is to rip people off, not whiten teeth. BUYER BEWARE BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

• Bw
      1st of May, 2009

I've had the totally opposite experience. Perhaps I took a little more time reading the terms and conditions than you did. I've spent over $500 for similar whitening kits directly from my dentist. I tried the product, it worked and i'm happy to pay $78 instead of $500.

• Zi
      1st of May, 2009

I can only guess you work for the company which is why you are happy to pay $78.32 per MONTH as a regular subscriber to this product. I hope your teeth are very white and your smile is perfect. Meantime, unless you can find the warranty information secreted in the bowels of their website (www.easywhitelabs.com) and have the time to read a document that goes for days, be advised that the person on the phone/online is not telling you that they are also charging you, under the guise of education (check your statement) for a "blue light" to activate the whitening agent in the FREE TRIAL. So that is $14.95 you didn't expect to pay. Nor do they tell you online or on the phone that the 10 days starts the minute you make the order. Which means that if the product gets to you in 10 days (LUCKY YOU)...you automatically are a member ...not after 10 days of testing the product. Doesn't that smell foul to you? Nevertheless - I'm delighted that you have $78.32 to fork out every month for your smile. Most of us don't have that kind of money. Hence, the rest of you folks out there BEWARE .

• Bw
      2nd of May, 2009

no, i actually dont work for the company. I do accounting for a real estate brokerage company. I simply ordered the product, tried it, it worked and I canceled after one month. Can it be any more complicated than that? Apparently, for some people it is. Listen, I'm sorry if you didnt take the time to read the terms, and now you feel compelled to tell the world about how you cant read. The product actually worked for me, i saved money over a dentist, then I canceled. Its bizzare to me that for a product that actually works, you find the time to trash it. Anyway, have fun.

2nd of May, 2009

for $21.00 you could have just gotten teeth whitening strips from walgreens and revceived the same results. I sure wouldnt want you as my broker!

• Ke
      4th of May, 2009

The same experience. Took about 4 to 5 days to get the product. Then was billed $78.23 before I could even get to open the box.

ken's mad

• Ti
      5th of May, 2009

Same thing here Had the Box 8 days and they hit my bank account for 78.23 and would only refund 35.00. I think our country has turned into a buch of scammers and theives. I saw its add on Aol and it said try for only the shipping price and thats all.

Tim

• Ve
      8th of May, 2009

I ordered the free 10 day trial. On the last possible day to cancel the trial, I called. I went round and round with an individual calling herself "princess" who insisted that it was simply not possible for them to cancel the trial unless I had received the product; which I had not, of course. She said that they would send me an email with 24 hours which would extend the trail period. They did not, of course, send the email. They DID charge my card $78.23 within that 24 hour period, though.

I have still received nothing.

I am disputing the fraudulent charge via my bank. I am also preparing a lawsuit. Lest anyone think that I am going overboard in response to these criminals, those are the nicest things I have prepared for them.

15th of May, 2009

As another follow up, I finally received a refund after I had complained to Better Business Bureaus in several states, the Attorney Generals Office in California and Colorado, and the Federal Trade Commission.

What everyone needs to realize is that Adex Media, Inc. is the company running the Easy White Labs, Overnight Genius, Acai Alive and Rezactiv scams. Adex Media, Inc. is a penny stock operation doing business out of California, however it appears that they aren't properly registered to do business in California. The Secretary of State should be knocking on their door shortly.

The real crooks are the officers of Adex. The President and CEO, Scott Rewick, is an unethical crook who spearheads the formation of scam operations.

Don't bother calling the company. File complaints with the BBB and Attorney Generals Offices in both California and Colorado. Also, complain to the FTC.

We need to put the officers of this corporation behind bars before they can create more scam operations and rip more people off.

When I get burned, I get mad. Hopefully everyone else feels the same.

• Em
      20th of May, 2009

I expected a trial only and before I had time to analze the results my bank statement showed a charge of $78.23!!! Another package arrived which I sent back immediately with confirmation receipt. My calls were frustrating as I was told I had received the contract by email with instructions for cancelling. She said they do not have the kit I returned yet the USPS has given me the name of who signed etc., date and time of arrival. I have been working with the bank which cost me $50.00 for their 'help' but will now try the phone again for their response of my proof of the return being accepted. Then the BBB, FTC, and warn others of a deceitful bunch of so called Americans. Happy Memorial Day! EMR

• Ks
      23rd of May, 2009

I ordered the same product form 2 different companies (not knowing it was the same). The first company, Teeth Whitening Now refunded the full $78.93 (which inlcuded shipping and the blue light thingy). When I got another package in the mail from what appeared to be the same company, I looked at my creidt statement. It was actually the same pruduct but from Easy White Labs. So, I called them and canceled there as well. Only, I will be refunded $35.00 (and keep the product) or be charged $20.00 (restocking fee) + $14.00 for shiping here and back (total of $34.00) and be left with no product.

Apparently, I was able to cancel via telephone, but had to argue to get a confirmation number. I was put on hold for a few minutes when the rep returned with my confirmation number. It should take 24 hours to get some kind of verification via e-mail (which is ridiculous and unnecessary, every online company I've ever dealt with will give immediate confirmation via e-mail. Not sure if my credit card will be refunded or not, will have to wait and see.

In the interim, I was really disappointed that the process was so expensive and complicated with Easy White Labs vs. Teeth Whitening Now. I am looking forward to trying the product as I have heard good things about it. I think I will try Target in the future.

• Pa
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I have had the same problem with Easy White as so many on this site. I called almost immediately after hitting the enter button on my computer to cancel the order. They told me to return the product when I received it and gave me an RMA number to put on the outside of the package. They assured me I would not be charged for the product since I called back right away. Imagine my surprise when I was online checking my bank accounts and finding a charge for the $78.23 (in addition to the original "shipping charges"). As soon as I received the package from them, wrote the RMA number on the outside of the box and immediately took it to the Post Office for return. I have been on the phone with them at least 5 times in the past week and a half being assured that they had received the product back and they would be issuing a credit to my bank account, which should only take two or three days according to them. I kept checking and it still has not appeared on my account. Now I have overdraft charges on my account (I am on disability with limited income and automatic payments taken from my account for legitimate monthly charges). I called again today and insisted that I talk with a supervisor. I was told the supervisor was "busy" but he would call me back. Although I had given my cell phone number because I knew I would not be at home, they called my home number when I was not there so I called again to speak to a supervisor. This time while I was talking to the supervisor explaining the situation, all of a sudden the phone line went dead. I called back and was told they were having technical difficulties and I insisted on speaking to the same supervisor who had finally called me back. I again gave them my cell phone number. After about a half an hour, the same supervisor called me back and told me that the credit had been processed today and I told him that I was told it had been processed early last week and that I expected his company to issue me a check for the overdraft fees charged by my bank. He told me that they couldn't issue a credit for something they didn't charge. I asked him why I had been assured early last week that the credit had been processed when now he tells me that it is just be handled today - he didn't have an answer for it. I asked for the name of the president of the company so I could contact that person and he refused to give it to me although I did get his name and the address of the company. I fully intend on trying to contact the head of this company and demanding my money. I also will file charges with the BBB, the attorney generals of the states listed in the other comments in this section. This company is deceitful and misleading, I don't care how good their product is or isn't. He did tell me one reason the credit was taking longer than usual to be taken care of was because the package was received late - I asked him how that was my fault when I didn't even open the package but returned it the same day I received it. He didn't have an answer for that either. I am totally frustrated dealing with this company and from now on before I order anything online from one of these types of offers, I am going to check them out more fully than I did this one. Companies like this have to be stopped!!!

• Ri
      12th of Jun, 2009

When I found out I would be charged 78 bucks for further use, I cancelled out immediately. Come to find out, they will charge me 19.95 for the sample if I keep it and if I don't send it back within a certain amount of time, I will be charged a hefty sum. Something should be done about this. This is a scam if I ever saw one. I am contacting my credit union right away and they better keep their clammy hands off my checking account. Help. Lets get these ### out of business. These thugs make it hard for honest people. I will buy no more on the internet. It's not worth it.

• Sh
      29th of Jun, 2009

Wow, do I ever wish I had seen this site about 30 minutes ago before I clicked on the $1.95 Dazzle White free trial offer - which is anything but FREE. Only this time they got brazen and charged me the other $58.76 immediately instead of waiting the 10-day period! I also called to cancel immdiately, within five minutes of clicking as I started seeing the same things show up on the second site and thankfully I didn't give my credit card number out a second time. The girl I spoke to, told me I can return it and get SOME of my money back. What a great scam! But one different thing about my problem - I've seen that most of the people here are fighting in California, but all the addresses for cancellation that have been given to me are in Des Moines Iowa... so they have moved states due to the heat in Cali I guess. I am fed up with companies like this being allowed to steal people's money!!