Easy Warm Floor - Chicago, IL / Refusal to refund money due

1 4050 N. Rockwell, Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-886-4328

I ordered a heating mat on March 2, 2009. It came promptly, but they sent a 120 volt mat instead of the 23o volt mat that was ordered. They said they would send out the correct one, which they did, and charge my credit card another $640, which they did. They said they would refund the first $640 back to my credit card as soon as the incorrect mat was returned. Which I promptly returned. But when I received my credit card bill it was still on there. It is now April 13, 2009 and I still have not received a refund for the overcharge that was their fault to begin with. If they would have sent the correct mat there would not have been a problem. After multiple calls to "Mohamad" & "Brad" I still have not gotten my refund. All kind of excuses from "only the owner can authorize a refund, and he is out of the country", to "I'll have the check with billing", to "Brad is out of the office, but I will have him call when he gets back". And guess what, He never calls back. DO NOT do business with them. It is not worth the hassel. There are better mats on the market from more reputable companies.

Te

Comments

• Ke
      Jan 22, 2010

Having issues myself. Bought the mat and controller. Received the mat but no controller. Numerous calls to the company and still nothing but excuses. Brad say's he will call back but never does, when I call him he is never in the office. They finally sent me a USPS tracking # but it has not shipped from easy Warm. Getting ready to call my credit card company to dispute the charges. Would not do business with them ever again.

• Wa
      Mar 02, 2010

This company ridiculous. They treat you like crap. I have been trying to get my money back from them since Sept o9. I had ordered from them in Jan 09. It was paid in full. In Sept they took $98.00 from my credit card account. I didn't kn ow about it until Oct. I called them and ask why they took money out of my account. They said they charged me for a warranty. I told them i didn't want a warranty, and you used my credit card without my permission. This is a crime, called stealing. Now it's Feb 2010 they won't even talk to me anymore. I've filed a complaint with Chicago BBB. This seems to be a normal practice of this company. Now I have filed a lawsuit with the Attorney General Of Illinois. Mike, the customer service rep for easywarmfloor says, this happens alot here and there is nothing he can do. He fills bad for the customer but he just does what he is told. Brad has lied to me for months, and he never calls me back either.
    Please do not use this company. If anyone else has been wronged by this place call Att. Gen of Illinois
    @ 1-312-814-3580 they want to hear from you. Also file a complaint to BBB 1-312-832-0500.