Easy Saver Rewards / Online scam

Thank goodness I found this site whenever I Googled EASY SAVER. I have been being charged $14.95 per month since April 2008 for a total of $89.70 without my knowledge or consent. After reading some of these complaints I called their Customer Service Number - [protected] and a representative canceled my membership (that I never authorized in the first place) as well as told me that I'll be receiving a credit for 5-months at $74.75. That will still leave me out $14.95 but at this point I'm happy to recover anything at all!!

I'm becoming increasingly skeptical about any online orders at all now and I usually do ALL OF MY CHRISTMAS shopping online. It's a shame that a few bad companies ruin it for the good companies out there just trying to make a living.

Va

Comments

• Va
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I am so pissed off at this BS EZSVR company who is behind all of these ProFlowers scams. I received an email about mother's day deals and simply wanted to send my mother some simple a.s.s. flowers for ***.k.i.n.g. mother's day.

Now, I've noticed that amounts such as 1.95 and 14.95 have been taken from my account since I made a purchase in May. I am very disgruntled by this. I don't appreciate this kind of scam because I am a broke a.s.s. college student who already has to repay first year student loans.

• Va
      20th of Oct, 2008
    Easy Saver Rewards - Unauthorized billing
    easysaverrewards.com

I have been charged for a EASY SAVER membership that I never authorized. You can only call them M-F from 9:30 - 5:00. Something should be done to these people! The only thing I see that could contact me to easy saver is the flowers I order from Pro flowers for my Aunts funeral which I am told were so bad that I had to order a replacement to be sent to my Uncle's house. How can they get away with this? I am very upset with the whole situation. I called my credit card company and they told me to call easy saver and deal with them.

• Sh
      7th of Nov, 2008

hOLY CRAP!!! This is a downright outrage that they can do that. I ordered flowers the other day from Pro flowers.com and i got a message to say that i am entitled to a rebate of the shipping fees so of course I agreed for them to send me the email code. Little did i realise that i had signed myself for a 30 day free trial from easy saver .com and then realised that i had agreed to pay $14.95 for the privaledge. This is sooooooooooooooo wrong. I called the customer service and complained and told them to cancel my membership immediately. They were not particularly concerned about my complaint but i got the lady to assure me that no more fees will be taken from my credit card.

sharon

• Su
      7th of Nov, 2008

I was SO thrilled to find your complaint with Easy Saver's customer service # included! I had placed an order with Oriental Trading and accepted the offer of a $15 credit on my next order if I joined Easy Saver, with a 30-day free trial, and could be canceled at ANY time. $14.95 per month would be billed after the free trial, which did include an "activation fee" of $1.95. Their notice said I could cancel by calling the toll-free # which would be contained in my membership materials, which would be mailed to me within 2 weeks. Well...my "membership materials" NEVER arrived, so I had no # to call to cancel! I'm assuming that's done on purpose b/c they know people get busy and forget, until they see charges on their creit cards! Your posting helped me a great deal! Thank you

• Bo
      16th of Mar, 2009

The same thing happened to me when buying from Oriental Trading. I got no memebership materials or an email. Luckily, my husband had this issue with Proflowers last year and was aware of the scam. Yes, this is a scam. Like my husband, when I read the fine print I tried to back out of the deal or cancel but there was no button to push on the web page to back out. Hitting the back button on my browser did not apparently did not work and I got a charge. I called within the 30 days and had the $1.95 removed. I am boycotting Oriental Trading Company, PAYPAL and Proflowers.

• Ho
      26th of Feb, 2010
    Easy Saver Rewards - Crooks
    Easy Saver Rewards

Wife ordered item from Oriental Trading Company in Sep 09 via AMEX card. We failed to review acct for two months as we were on automatic payment. Subsequently found $14.95 billed to Encore MKTG for 4 months for what(?). Encore Mktg rep asked for all my personal infoprmation and placed me on hold for a supervisor to answer. Listened to music for twenty minutes. Hung up. Customer service at Oriental Trading Co referred me to Encore Mktg. AMEX was helpful. Beware of Oriental Trading Company and Encore Marketing and Easy Saver. Please somebody, start a class action suit against these crooks.

6th of Apr, 2010
    Easy Saver Rewards - Stealing money
    Easy Saver Rewards

I too, ordered from Oriental Trade website, and just realized that since last October I have been charged $14.95 for something, I had no clue. I didn't know what it was for, but tried to call and recording led me to website for Pissed Consumers. This is awful that a compnay would rip peoplw off, people who work hard for the money they make and have families to provide for! I am calling tomorrow to get my refund! They had better give it all back or I am reporting this to the BBB! May their company crumble to the ground! Funny thing is that people like them always seem to get away with this stuff!

• Li
      4th of Aug, 2010

THIS MAY HELP!!
    My card was charged 10 TIMES!!! My own fault for not noticing sooner. The first rep was only authorized to refund 2 of the 10 charges. I asked for his supervisor, he sent me to the Consumer Affairs department. They were only authorized to refund 1 more. I sternly, not rude, just sternly asked for his supervisor. She, TANYA, was able to give me the full $150 back. Insane that I didn't notice, but I am so glad Tanya could help. She was very nice. She did tell me that if you ask for the "escalation department" on the first call you may cut your call time down and shoot to the top. UGHHH!! No more shopping on Oriental trading for me.

• Jt
      19th of Oct, 2010

lindsey1983, thanks for your helpful info. Easy saver scammed me for a year and a half which I just found out yesterday (it was brought up by my credit card company). I called to cancel, got my last 2 months fee back. This morning, I googled and read some people's complain, so I called the company again and got 4 more months' refund (6 months total), then read more and saw your post. I called and ask for "escalation department" right away, they tried hard, I still had talk to 3 people to get what I wanted. They tried not to give me more, then I just told them I believe anything they're trying to tell me and stopping me to getting more refunds back. I told them the complains and refunds that read online, finally, they gave in. They gave me 12 months refund back. I did not get my full refund, but I am satisfied.
    It was also happened after I made a purchase with oriental trading, so I just emailed them regarding their business practice with such scammer and I will never give them any business again.
    Thanks again!

7th of Feb, 2011
    Easy Saver Rewards - Stole over $900 from me!
    Easy Saver Rewards

We just noticed today that $14.95 has been deducted from our bank account EVERY month for the last 5 YEARS for something we didn't even know existed! I just called and they were only willing to refund $89.70. They said that we "signed up" for our membership to Easy Saver through Proflowers. Because they tricked us into entering an email address while trying to checkout! They're definitely going to be hearing from our attorney.

I should also bring up the point that when I asked what Easy Saver even was...the only thing they could tell me was...it was a "Savings Membership". Of course, I asked them how much I saved from it and they couldn't reply. I then said, "Negative $900".

• Fa
      15th of Aug, 2016
    Easy Saver Rewards - Beware
    Easy Saver Rewards

Easy Savers Rewards company have abused my trust!

How it worked : I bought flowers from Pro-flowers.com, then my debit card information was used (I do not know whether or not it might be even bought?) by Easy Savers Rewards(company), they charged me $14.95 monthly membership fee I was not even aware of! It has been four charges made to my debit card account until I rediscovered it!

I called to company representative (phone # they provide on the bill when they charge your account), requested to cancel the membership and return all my $60.00 back. They promise to reimburse my account $60.00 during 5 business days.

• Je
      15th of Aug, 2016
    Easy Saver Rewards - Unathuorized charges
    Easy Saver Rewards

How does this company get away with this. They have been accessing my account for a least 8 months. How do I stop it short of cancelling my credit card and getting a new one? This company has been taking $14.95 out of my account without authorization. This kind of activity needs to stop and we should be able to sue them for the illeagal access to my bank
    account.Does anyone know of a place to report this illegal ativity? Maybe if enough of us report this activity we can get it stopped. I can't imagine how many $ have been given to this company for nothing.

• Sh
      16th of Aug, 2016
    Easy Saver Rewards - charging credit card for unauthorized membership
    Linda
    Colorado

ProFlowers gave them my credit card and suddenly I start receiving charges for a membership in a rewards program. I was billed for several months before I realized that my husband did not order anything and it was because I placed an order with ProFlowers. I contacted Easy Saver and spoke wih "Janet" who said that they would reimburse me right away for all charges. I hope they do.