Comments

• Ke
      1st of Dec, 2008

I checked my bank account this evening and was surprised to find a deduction of $19.80 by EasySaver. The number 877-844-9554 MD appeared beside the transaction. When I called the number, a recorded promt required me to enter my phone number, after which I was instructed to "press 1" if I wanted to discontinue my "membership". I do not recall ever subscribibg to this undisclosed "membership", and I am feeling very angry about this rip off! I was only too glad to "press 1" to bring this theft to an end.

25th of Jan, 2009

I didn't authorzied this charge, how do I get my money back

26th of Jan, 2009

I received an email from my checking account indicating that a card debit had come through. When I checked my account, there was a $14.95 charge from Easy Saver, and I have never bought anything from them or signed up for anything. The company listing read, "Easy Saver, MD, " and the phone number listed was 877-844-9554. I called the number and got a recording that said "all agents are busy helping other customers, we will connect you with the next available agent." Then, there was no hold music or anything. I held for a few minutes then hung up, as it was clear that no "agent" would be answering my call. Like the last person who commented, I would at least like to be able to discontinue my "membership, " which is a fictitious one. I've been charged fraudulently and am angry about it. How can I get the $14.95 charges reversed, and insure that this company stops withdrawing funds from my account?

17th of Feb, 2009

The exact thing happen to me today! I'm having my credit card company investigate...I would advise you guys to do the same. The folks are crooks!

• Ap
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I just spoke to Chase, who we have our credit cards with. THEY sent us a check that when cashed in small letters on the back confirms that we are automatically enrolled in this scam. What a load of crock! I'm so mad! We thought it was our awards kickback.

• Je
      13th of Apr, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me 14.95 from my account. I never enrolled with in to this. I filed a complaint with My bank. If this happen to anyone else please follow up and gets these crooks out of business

• Ke
      15th of Apr, 2009

Ok, so i have read all of these complaints and GUESS what ..I had the same thing happen to me today! What do we do? $14.95 is not alot of money but in this day it is to me and my children...

• Lo
      6th of May, 2009

I too had a charge from money savers, 1 for $1.95 and the other for a $1.00 that was a preauthorization charge. I had inadvertently signed up for this when I clicked on an ad to get free shipping on my next order from ProFlowers. Initially it sounded like I could get the free shipping right away but after ordering it turns out it was only a rebate. This is what triggered my charges from EasySaver. When trying to call the main 877 number it wanted my last name, etc but when I called another number listed on my bank account for the preauthorization charge I actually was able to talk to someone who traced my clicks back to Proflowers. Since I was in a "membership trial" I won't be charged anything further. I also received a cancellation number from the woman I spoke to. If you have issues try calling 800-444-9800.

12th of May, 2009

Just noticed an Easy Saver charge on my card. I will dispute it, it's unauthorized, but after reading your posts, I can see it must have to do with my recent Pro Flowers order. I find it interesting that as consumers, we have to jump through hoops to protect our bank accounts and credit ratings from predatory sales attempts. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't all companies be reprimanded and fined for these sleazy tactics? WTF.

• La
      28th of May, 2009

I have received charges from Easy Saver since October (8 months!) and we've been so busy I didn't know until now. Partly my fault for not scouring my account every month. I signed up for mint.com, a great and free online budgeting program, and it caught it for me when it asked what budgeting category to assign this charge to.

I started being charged in October after making a purchase at Oriental Trading and using a $10/off code I found on the internet to reduce my purchase price. Apparently there was some fine print about being signed up for Easy Saver somewhere on the page!

I called the 800 number above and they immediately allowed a refund of the last two months only. I threatened to contact my lawyer if I didn't get a refund for the other charges, and after being put on hold for about 15 minutes, I was given a refund for the another 5 of the charges. So I was still charged once for October for 14.95, but got a refund for the rest of the months.

Call them, be aggressive, even threaten contacting your lawyer, and get your hard earned money back from these thieves!!

• Ba
      30th of May, 2009

men this most stop, i don't care where they come from, the language they speak, this most stop, why they dont want to work and they call there self ###ing name " EasySaver" WHAT IS THE [censored]ING NAME? WELL I WILL LIKE TO ### THEM UP IN FEW MIN.

• Sh
      1st of Jun, 2009

This happened to me around mothers day! I bought two orders of flowers (which were ### btw) and flew through the credit card area...
    Started getting charged that week!!! Easy Saver took $1.95 and $14.95 this month. Just called the number and she said they get this a lot...I think she knew not to mess with me because when she asked how im doing I said IM PISSED! after that she gave me no problems and is refunding everything and I should get it back within 4 business days I said take me off the list and im done lol... so what a pain... I thought easy saver was soem gas station my husband went to... oi pain and now ill get my $17.00 back!

• Al
      21st of Jul, 2009

I strongly suggest that you read Laurens post 3 posts up...she suggests that you be aggressive and it is very helpful to do so. If not, they will insist that only 2 months be refunded. a couple more words and every month will be refunded...

i was just refunded my 5 months back

just say you were unaware of the charges and that you dont think 2 months is justifiable

p.s. mention you are not happy when they ask how you are and they will reply "i assume you are not happy with the charges made monthly" haha

hope it helps i feel sorry for companies that have to snake money from unknowing people

• Ni
      25th of Sep, 2009

I noticed a Charge on my account September 24th for 14.95 and I went back to check and They had started pulling money out in June! June it was 1.95 then July, August and September was 14.95, I called my bank and reported my card information stolen and ordered a new one. The bank refunded my money and told me I didn't even have to call the 800 number if I hadn't done anything wrong. So to say the least Frost bank really came through for this one. I just wish we would have caught it sooner, It's so frustrating.

• Mi
      11th of Nov, 2009

The same thing just happened to us. Thanks for all your comments.

• Du
      11th of Mar, 2010

Yeah I had the same thing happened to me and I called the number listed above. I received 14 months refunded. Lol knew I havent been to that "gas" station recently but got charged for it.

• Sc
      21st of Oct, 2011

I noticed this $14.95 on my bill, and having not used the particular card much this month, the charge stood out. I had no idea what 'Easy Saver MD' so I Google'd it and top search listings were about being scammed for $14.95 a month after making a purchase from ProFlowers. I was shocked and appalled to find that this charge has been reoccurring for over a year without my noticing it-- especially since I review my statement every month fairly carefully. It was just small enough to be ignored as a small purchase, and just vague enough not to be remembered from month to month-- all by design, no doubt. Lesson learned-- be on guard if you make internet purchases. There are unscrupulous companies such as ProFlowers/EasySaver who will try to bill the card number you provided as often as they like.

• De
      22nd of Aug, 2012

I agree that this service is very misleading. I was just informed that I have been paying $14.95 for the past 3 -1/2 years without knowing. I when I called the 800# I got a message that I won a cruise. I finally got a customer service person who apologized for the misunderstanding. But I am not happy with this, as I was never informed that his charge was on going and I never received anything from this company as to what my membership included. Very misleading way to get members by riding on the coat tail of legitimate companies like Proflowers.com. I am out $600+ dollars because of this type of piracy.

• Ea
      19th of Dec, 2012

I also was charged a monthly autodraft fee of $14.95 for several months (almost 2 years) after purchasing flowers from Proflowers.com (who will also be getting a phone call shortly). My husband and I thought we had the charge accounted for as a prescription fee, but recently caught this 'easy saver MD program' as unaffiliated with any insurance company or medical institution. If you call the customer service number for Easy Saver MD (listed on your bank statement) and are particularly aggressive (let them know that you will notify you banking institution who will take them up for theft and fraud, and that you will gladly have your lawyer discuss this matter further) they will initially offer to cancel, then to give you two months back, then six months. After 15 minutes of stubborn hassling, they returned $179.40, a years worth. This is the maximum they will allow, I believe.