Easy Saver / Unauthorized charges!

1 Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-9491

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

Va

Comments

• Le
      11th of Sep, 2008

i signed with bargan.com now other people are trying collect off my account in my opinion do not order anything off the internet

• Rc
      15th of Sep, 2008

This post was so helpful. I too had been receiving charges from Easy Saver. When i googled it I came across this site. I called proflowers and was told I had signed up for something i had not. They wanted to refund only 2 of the 14.85 charges. When i asked to talk to a manager, the client servisces person "Beth" I spoke with was rude and I was on hold for quite some time. I was finally connected to Kim, a superviser who was nice and indicted all of the chanrges would be creditied back to my credit card. It is a shame profloweres worked like this because i was pleased with their porducts but will not use them agaoin. PLease tell anyone you know about this so it does not continue to occur.

• Sc
      15th of Sep, 2008

I had the same experience with proflowers.com after i bought from this website, they charge me 14.95 every month.

They act like a cheat and i will never buy from them again!!

• Ka
      16th of Sep, 2008

I just noticed the charges on my account, I am so livid. I called the 1800 number listed and they "took care of it" however had I not googled "easy saver" i would have had no idea what the charge was from!! Thanks for listing this complaint. We will see if they actually refund me in a few days. I called Proflowers and told them that I will not be using their services in the future. It is a shame that they let "third party oppurtunities" ruin their business.

• Lu
      17th of Sep, 2008

took a [ay ment from my account when i canceled

• Jp
      19th of Sep, 2008

I was enrolled through Bargain.com network and thought that when i cancelled my membership with them that all the extra membership's were also cancelled...but were not. I called easy savor and got surprising results. The lady was very nice and cancelled my membership and gave me an immediate refund. I did get a cancellation confirmation number just to be on the safe side.

• Er
      20th of Sep, 2008

I am so glad to find that I'm not the only one who has been billed $14.95 by easy saver. I bought flowers on 1-800-flowers.com and somehow my card has been charged this fee ever since. It is absolutely unethical and I plan to report them to the better business bureau. I never signed up for these charges or to be a member. If it were a real membership then I would have gotten some information about them, rather than just a charge on my bank statement. There are no rewards to this program. Only a headache to get your money back.

• Tr
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I just caught the $1.95 fee to my account, after ordering from proflowers on 9/15 for my mom. I called this phone # 1-800-355-1837, that the bank gave me, and told them to immediately cancel my easysaver account. I was also told that I clicked on a pop-up link, or a coupon, which is not true.
    They can keep the $1.95, but I am relieved that I caught it and avoided future charges, after seeing everyone's postings on this site, thanks for the head's up!~

• Et
      24th of Sep, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I placed an order through ProFlowers and was billed $14.95 from Easy Saver on my last two credit card bills. In speaking with them, they agreed to completely refund my money and remove me from their "membership" list. Refund pending...

I will never place another order with ProFlowers, or any company associated with this type of scam. Anyone who sees these unauthorized charges, be sure to call 800-444-9491. After suggesting I would be filing a complaint with the better business bureau, they were more than cooperative.

• Sw
      24th of Sep, 2008

You all need to grow up and stop jumping to conclusions about everyone not just you in particular but everyone. Also get a life. Learn how to read and you won't be scammed by anyone. places do have terms abd conditions so dont blame your lack of speding time reading and knowing what you ared oing on others.

• Bo
      27th of Sep, 2008

I ordered flowers for my wife back in November of 2007 from ProFlowers. I seemed to get a good deal on the flowers, and was happy with them when my wife received them.

My wife and I maintain separate checking accounts, so a day or so later while reconciling my account for me, she saw the accumulated charges and mentioned them to me. I told her not to worry about the charges that it must have been from the flower order.

She accepted that answer as she continued her monthly reconciliation of my account. Unknown to me she has never questioned the recurring charge of $14.95 a month ever since!!! Finally she said she wondered what in the world I was up to as she associated the recurring charge as something that I was ordering, and finally asked just what it might be.

Imagine my surprise when I realized I had unknowingly been paying these unscrupulous people $14.95 a month for a year! I have only ordered flowers from ProFlowers that one time and I can’t believe I somehow fell victim that as a result of that single order. I won’t EVER do business with them again.

I will be contacting Easy Services first thing Monday morning, immediately followed by a complaint to the Consumer Fraud Division of our State Attorney Generals Office.

Stay away from ProFlowers, or at least be very, very careful what you click!

• La
      28th of Sep, 2008

My Credit card has two unauthorized charges. I accepted a free offer of ACAI Berry from Oprah Winfrey show. Went online and asked for free offer of Acai berry. I am now charged $44.85 because I did not "uncheck" boxes that were already checked (fraudulent) for me. When I called to complain the rude customer svc. person said there was nothing she could do until I sent the three items back that I did not order.I sent them back and still have not had the charges removed from my bill. I guess I checked for subscriptions for Easy Saver and American Leisure Memberships, because now I have been charged $16.95 x 2 for a total of $33.90 for a total of $78.75.This is credit card terrorism. Theft.I have cancelled my credit card, thanks to these unscrupulous thieves.

• Li
      29th of Sep, 2008

Hello I am so glad to have found this site...I also ordered from Proflowers.com and was happy with my order but I will not use them again. I have 1.95 intial bill in July, 14.95 in August and 14.95 in September. I called my credit card company and they said I first have to ask Easy Saver to reverse the charges and stop the billing and if Easy Saver gives me a hard time, they will then enter a dispute for me...BUT get this...my credit card company tries to sell me a 9.99 monthly credit card protection service...I said I called to have charges removed not added!

I am disappointed in Proflowers.com, Easysaver & Discover!!!

• Pa
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Not interested in product. Should have never agreed to sign in for a Walmart shopping card.

• Ke
      7th of Oct, 2008

I had a hell of a time tracking down who was responsible for making these charges. I couldn't believe it was Pro Flowers. I mean fgs I ordered from them one bloody time and now I have been charged for about a year by them sobs.

7th of Oct, 2008

I just called the number listed in a blog here, 1-877-564-8538, they are a membership company that handles easy saver. They credited me the two months of 14.95 and cancelled the unauthorized charges. Hopefully this will stop...good luck all!

• Ka
      9th of Oct, 2008

I got the same charges as well on my credit card yesterday For $14.95 so I called the above number that was provided (Phone: 800-444-9491) and it was for a phone order I made to buy a pedicure for my dogs in early August. I was not asked about the free offer she said they added it to my order at no charge for discounts on hotels food coupons discounted airfare ect. I said to the lady that I did not authorize them to take this off my credit card and was not please to see the charges and she said she would cancel it and I would see on my next statement the reimbursement. Well see if they do what they do it.

• Ki
      9th of Oct, 2008

As mentioned in previous statements ref this matter, i as well was dupped. I ended up calling the number (800-444-9491) and spoke to a rep. After listening to the whole "what we have to offer" bid, I explained to the rep that I was being charged for something I did not sign for. She looked up my account and ended up reimbursing me the total two month I had been charged. My advice is to use a different carrier for flowers.

• Wa
      12th of Oct, 2008

My credit card company just called to inquire whether I am aware of a 14.95 charge every month from easy saver. I was very surprised because I had no idea who this was or what company. I just researched and ended up here and after reading all the reviews I have rounded up to the same problem. I purchased flowers for one of my employees while she underwent surgery through pro-flowers. I have or had no idea that I was getting myself to be a victim of fraud through these billings of 14.95. All I can say is SHAME ON THEM; I WILL NEVER BUY FLOWERS FROM PR-FLOWERS EVER AGAIN; AND I WILL START A CAMPAIGN TO BRING THESE PEOPLE TO light. Every one needs to know about their terrible business practice. They dont deserve to have a license for business. EVERY ONE BE AWARE.

My credit card is helping me write a fraud alert... they will not use other people for long. Lets all unite to bring these people to justice.

• He
      12th of Oct, 2008

Cancel. Will not okay any more payments from creedit card
    Helen F. Thomas