Easy Saver / Unauthorized charges!

1 Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-9491

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      2nd of Jun, 2008

omg I was also billed, this is very bad. whats going on.

• Va
      4th of Jun, 2008

I checked my bank account online this morning and saw that there was a charge of $14.95 pending from some company called Easy Saver. I have never heard of this company before and am quite upset. Now it's time to call my bank and hopefully get a stop payment on this fraudulent charge.

• Pa
      4th of Jun, 2008

the same thing happened to me, thanks for giving me the number..i called and they are refunding me the money..my wife posted it n myspace and we are telling everyone we know not to use proflowers...

• Lo
      4th of Jun, 2008

Thanks for all the comments. My account was charged the $1.95 and now $14.95 is a pending charge on my account. I will be working the the fraud department of my credit card company and hope for a quick resolution. I did call proflowers (where it all started) and talked to a representative about this scam. I asked if proflower was associated with Easy Saver. At first he avoided the question then he said if you have any problems with the charge I need to go to www.freeshipping.com to dispute the charges to my credit card. I told him this was a slimy back door scam to bilk consumers out of money. And yes proflowers is associated with Easy Saver aka freeshipping.com and is okay with the scam. I will never use proflowers again!

• Do
      5th of Jun, 2008

Blair also gave my credit information to Easy Saver. Easy Saver and Blair both claim that I agreed at the end of the transaction to sign up for Easy Saver at $14.95 per month. This is very deceptive and unetical at best. I contacted my bank which did a fraud investigation and found in my favor. However this is still a big hassel to get the money reinstated. I will never again do business with dishonest companys such as Blair. They must make lots of money by scamming older customers that do not realize the cost to their credit card each month.

• Ka
      5th of Jun, 2008

I recently bought flowers from Porflowers.com and I was extremely unhappy with my purchase. The flowers cost me $80.00 and they were lowers that I could have gone and picked out myself. So i received my money back after numerous phone calls. I then went to go check my credit card bill and I was charged $14.95 twice in one month from Easy Savers, the I never recall signing up for. They are people just looking to get an easy buck. Don't use either companies. They will just take your money without you even knowing. Beware of who can trust.

5th of Jun, 2008

Thanks for the 1-800 number! I just got the charge taken off-- I hope. Unbelievable. I will not use Proflowers again.

• Ji

Same experience for me.

1) Bought flowers for my wife in March from ProFlowers.com.

2) Noticed yesterday that my credit card statement showed it was charged the last three months $14.05 by Easy Saver.

3) Searched google to figure out what this is. Found this complaint site.

4) Called Easy Saver yesterday and spoke to Kimberly who basically explained that "I agreed to the service so I have to pay for it. " After further explanation that I don't even know what the service is, let alone agreed to pay $14.95 per month for it, she said she'd "do me a favor as a courtesy" and reimburse me ONE MONTH'S worth of fees (just $14.95). I said they owe me $45.00 and she repeated herself with emphasis on COURTESY that she can reimburse me $14.95.

5) Feeling ripped off $30.00, I e-mailed ProFlowers.com this morning hoping for a response from them.

• Be
      6th of Jun, 2008

I had the same issue! I called today and Easy Saver cancelled my membership (hope they really did) and said there were no further charges. I didn't bother fighting over $14.95.

• Je
      6th of Jun, 2008

I just checked my bank account this morning and I found the Easy Saver charge too. After ready this post I called the number listed and the 1st person I talked to help me out.

ProFlowers.com DECEIVED us by using a 10% off promo offer as a way to sign us up for this Easy Saver rubbish. HOW DARE THEY! Time to complain to them too.

THANK YOU to the original poster of this complaint!

7th of Jun, 2008

You folks are dead on here - lets take it one step further - Please Consider contacting your local better business bureau and your state sttorney's general's office to take action there may not be a lawsuit here but this just has to stop. - I am in the news media and I will be working on this one for sure!
    Time to pull out the can of whoop ###!

• Rh
      8th of Jun, 2008

I too just recently saw charges on my debit card. I was so angry. I have been trying to get in contact with someone at Easy Saver and I have had no success. I keep getting a recording to call again when the customer service department is open. Well, when the heck are they open. Are they on American time or India time. This is getting sickening.. I also sent the following email to Proflowers.com to let them know just what I thought about their privacy policy:

I ordered flowers from your company for mothers day. Although they were beautiful flowers, I was very disappointed with your companies privacy policy. I am now being changed with a bill that changed me twice already, once for $1.95 and a second charge of $14.95 for easy saver. I do not recall approving this and I see where it can from your company. I don't think this is good business on your part.I do understand that companies work together to promote each other but I think you should make sure that the consumer is fully aware of this before you give out any personal information. I am very displeased with this and now I am having a hard time contacting Easy Saver to cancel and reembuse me of my charges. I was so pleased with the flowers that I had ordered I was bragging to all my friends about your company. Now I'm going to advise them all not to order from your company because they will have no privacy at all. This is an outrage and I do not appreciate the hassel I am now going through. In the future, please make sure there are no other "suckers" to this scam.

Although my mother in law was very happy with her flowers, I will NEVER order flowers from this company again..

• Jk
      9th of Jun, 2008

I had the same experience and the website that they tell you to go to and cancel is not correct. After multiple phone calls and long hold times I finally spoke with an individual that stated she would credit my card and cancel my membership. This is definitely going to keep people away from purchasing anything through tv and radio.

Easy Saver - charged my account 14.95
    Easy Saver
    136b Pinewood Vill
    Winterville
    North Carolina
    Phone: 252 321 1709

I was unauthorized a charged 14.95 from them for what I don't know. I saw them on the web but didn't give them my account number. I have no idea why or how they keep getting away with this. They have made my account goin the negatives which have cost me sooo much money, that I don't have. I wasn't even using that account and they still used it.
    What can we do to stop these companies from taking advantage of us.
    I have started proceedings from the bank that I use. I also have another company that has done the same thing with me. I am going after them too. Am I alone?

• De
      9th of Jun, 2008

I, too, ordered from Proflowers and now have this $14.95 charge on my acct. from easysaver. I didn't even know what easysaver was, much less why they felt they could just have access to my hard-earned money. I'm also just now catching the $1.95 charge they also TOOK without authorization. I happened to google to find out about this easy saver and found this complaint site--Thank goodness! It's hard to tell how many more "payments" they might have taken. Blockbuster has done almost the same thing--offered FREE trial memberships and immediately took $9.99 out of our acct. Looks like Blockbuster and easy saver are easy scam artists!!! Will be calling tomorrow to try to take care of this; will post again to let you know the results. Thanks for the #'s!!!

• Be
      10th of Jun, 2008

It won't do any good to call your bank - you MUST call Easy Saver to get these charges to stop. I, too, saw charges begin appearing on my account last month - first $1.95, listed as an "enrollment fee" and now $14.95 this month as a monthly charge. Not knowing what this company was, I checked the internet, only to find literally HUNDREDS of complaint about this service. I took the advice of one of the posters and called 1-800-444-9491 (NOT the number listed in association with the company on my bank statement - that ones gives you the run-around) and spoke with a customer service person to get the charges reversed. I was VERY firm, with specific dates and details of my purchase (ProFlowers.com, the offer was for $15 off shipping but when I saw I had to subscribe to something I DECLINED and paid the shipping, but was charged for subscribing to the service anyway) and demanded that my charges be reversed. The agent apologized (hah!) and said she "was authorized to reverse up to 2 charges" and it would take effect in 7-10 days. When I asked for a confirmation number, she said she didn't have one since I wasn't making a purchase (at this point, I began banging my head with the phone handset...), so I rephrased, in language a monkey could understand, that I wanted a transaction number that proved we had spoken and would track the fact that I had called to CANCEL the service and request a refund. I plan to keep this 1-800 number handy, along with her name and this transaction #, and watch my account closely for the next several months...
    So - don't delay - call this number NOW and not only ask for charge reversal(s), but a CANCELLATION of the "service" - otherwise, you'll just see the charges disappear but reappear in the coming months as your 'service' continues!

• Me
      10th of Jun, 2008

My bank called me on 6/9 to tell me of a $14.005 charge to my credit card for Easy Saver which i had not authorized. Please stop this company!

10th of Jun, 2008

I was just made aware of the $14.95 and called the alternate number stated on the original post. Was told $14.95 and $1.95 would be credited and my "account" would be cancelled.

10th of Jun, 2008

I just called them with that 800# and they gave me back my money..and ended my subscription to the easy saver thing.
    I will NEVER order flowers from pro flowers again. The vase was broken...so my mom had to use a different vase. They said they were going to refund the vase amount, but have not had that happen yet. So...Pro Flowers has lost my business and everyone that I can tell about it.!

• Ca
      10th of Jun, 2008

Never recieved free CD to try for ten days, S&H was paid for by me. I cancelled & still $49.00 was taken from my account without permission. So would you please return it.