Easy Saver / Unauthorized charges!

1 Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-9491

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      29th of Dec, 2010

If you are told they they will only refund part of the money, call back and be nastier. I just spoke with someone and after telling them that I would be filing a complaint with the FTC and Florida Attorney general because their practices were deceptive and fraudulent, she told me (getting a little huffy) she could "see where I was coming from" and that I would be refunded the entire amount. She also told me that they follow all laws and trade guidelines and if they were trying to hide anything they certainly wouldn't give a phone number to contact them. (I guess I'm supposed to thank them for that?)

5th of Jan, 2011

I can't believe how ProFlowers can justify victimizing their own customers be entangling them with known scammers such as EMI Marketing. It's the kind of marketing decision that can wreck a company. You can recover your losses by calling the fraud department of your credit card company and repeating the phrase "I never received any goods or services from Easy Savers." That puts the card company on the hook for the charges and they will muscle EMI Marketing to refund the money back to you. Good luck, and remember, those people in the Mumbai call center for EMI are just doing their jobs working for unethical executives back in the US so be firm but courteous!

• Tm
      25th of Jan, 2011

As I am reconciling my fiance's bank account I found these EASY SAVER charges. He doesnt recall how where or why these charges started happening. I looked back all the way back to dec 2008 and viola, $19.80 each month there forward until today. OMG really yes 2 yrs, so little amount that no one unless your anal about your finances, and account you would never find these. I wonder what other companies this easy saver prgram is linked to. Does anyone have a idea how to search this on the internet. Unfortunately we are in this position because of these jerks. but Glad I found others this was happening to and their experience so I know how to deal with them when I make the call tomorrow.

• Fu
      29th of Mar, 2011

Same thing happened to me. I noticed at least 3 months of charges at $14.95, who knows how far back it's gone, as my online banking records only go back 3 months. There will be a couple of phone calls made tomorrow. I'm just livid. Lots of four letter words have entered my mind since I just discovered what's been going on. The only reason I noticed is because I'm closing a bank account since where I moved to that bank doesn't operate. I kept the old account open "just in case". And now I find this has been going on. Unbelievable.

As a point of comparison, whenever I sign up for something legitimate, I get email newsletters, promotions in the mail, etc. You know, staying in touch with the customer. Nothing from Easy Saver. Nothing. Clearly a scam. I'm so mad.

• Sh
      13th of Apr, 2011

The same thing happened to me also. They charged me a total of $259.10. I called today; they said they would refund me the whole amount. I hope they do.
    I'm woundering if ProFlowers gets part of the money. No more order from ProFlowers. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON PROFLOWERS.

• He
      14th of May, 2011

Will someone please help me figure out how to get these charges removed from my credit card!!!

• Su
      6th of Jul, 2011

Same thing just happened to me, hopefully I resolved everything with them, and will get my money back. Probably was Pro Flowers that started everything. I would suggest that you call your credit card company and complain. Also get a new card number.

• Wo
      4th of Aug, 2011

I recently noticed a charge for $14.95. I never paid attention because I thought it was for a website domain page that has a similar name and is also $14.95. But I called the 1-800-355-1837 and asked what company it was. They said it was Easy Saver a coupon program. They told me I signed up in 2009! I went online to investigate Easy Saver and know that it had to do with Proflowers. I never signed up for this. I would not enter my information for something I have no idea about. A coupon program?! I would have gotten emails for coupons. And I never did. They refuse to refund me. But I am the host of a radio show in Dallas that attracts about 10, 000 a week. Monday night, I will encourage people to stop doing business with Proflowers and any companies associated with Easy Saver. I can honestly say there has been no account activity on my part. So charging me is unethical. It is stealing! And I never clicked on an agreement or entered my email for this program. I know better than to do this. I only bought flowers and now I am out $358.80.

7th of Oct, 2011

I just dealt with this myself because of a proflowers order back in Jan 2010 ($313 worth of fees). They of course will not give you all your money back unless you put up a valid argument. You don't have to be nasty, just logical and intelligent. Ask questions like, I'm paying for a service, but what service are you providing me? They'll respond we get you discounts on hotels, travel, etc. Then you can ask, how are you making me aware that these services are available to me? they'll respond, "well you signed up for a membership which you have 30 days to cancel...blah blah". I stated, "how did you confirm to me that I had the ability to use your services, you had to send some kind of notification?" They stated they sent me an email, that's right, one email stating the terms and conditions. I asked, "did you send me anything else, was i being reminded of the services you provide?" They stated no. So I finished with, "So you sent me one email, you never sent me anything else, you don't require confirmation of my acknowledgement, this one email could have gone into my junk mail or spam folder, how am I supposed to know the value of your products if you don't keep informed of what i can save? I'm paying for something that I've never used and your organization sends me nothing but an email from almost 2 years ago?" The lady responded, we will refund your money fully from Jan. 2010. don't forget to ask them how long you've been paying them for, because that obviously is very important.

• Ve
      30th of Oct, 2015

I recently found out that I was being charged $14.95/month by Easy Saver since Jan 2010! A total of 867.10! I have not used the credit card it was being charged to for the last 4 years and had cut it up and was getting electronic statements. I take responsibility for not checking statements but most of you can understand why I wouldn't have a need to ! I called the 1 800 355 1837 number. After listening several times that I had electronically signed up for a 30 day free trial and then started getting billed for this membership monthly when I ordered flowers with the credit card, I mentioned that this was unethical and I was going to go to the media and file a complaint. They finally agreed to pay half the amount back. I kept requesting to talk to this supervisors supervisor and he kept upping the amount until finally he met me half way. Lesson learned! I still think they should tell customers with the membership at least annually via letter or email that they have this membership. I know I'm not the first and certainly wont be the last to have this happen!

• Am
      20th of Jul, 2016
    EasySaver - charge 14.95 for no sevices

bought some halloween items from orential trading and was signed up for this easy saver club, don't know what it is. the company e-mailed me but it went to my spam box, so i deleated it. I want my money back. rip off!!!

20th of Jul, 2016

We liked the information available here. http://www.bangaloreflowerplaza.com

• In
      21st of Jul, 2016
    Easy Saver - Fraud
    Easy Saver And American Leisure
    13773 E 51st Apt 4304
    Tulsa
    Oklahoma
    Phone: 918-346-5340

There is a company called Easy Saver And American Leisure. They called me pn my cell phone and offered to send me gas coupons for free in mamil. They said it will cost 2 $ since I have a good credit history. If I don't use the coupons, nothing will be charged to my account. I didn't get any gas coupons and then see 2 transations in my account for close to 60$. When I called them, they said since you didn't call back to cancel, I was charged and hung up on me.

I wasn't using that credit card actively and as a result was not monitoring the bills. I have been charged 120 $ as the late payment fees as a result. I am stuck. There are lot of reports on the internet about this company doing all the fraud. Just google "Easy Saver And American Leisure Fraud" and you will get a lot of links on /link removed/ website.

Can someone please help me?

• Va
      21st of Jul, 2016
    Easy Saver and American Leisure - Fraud
    Easy Saver and American Leisure

My mother is 83 years old so I just recently started helping her in her business affairs. I noticed on her Discover Card these charges for these two companies. She did not know what they referred to nor had she ordered anything from either. The charges totalled $ 186.45. I will try to receive credit for these charges, but after I have read some of these other complaints I have my doubts about

receiving any help. I felt compelled in adding my mom to the already long list of credit card rip-offs and complaints.

• It
      10th of Aug, 2016
    Easy Saver - AUTHORIZED CHARGES
    EASY SAVER REWARDS

Give me a break. I came across the same charges on my statement. HOWEVER... I am smart enough to check my statement regularly and picked up on the enrollment with the initial charge of $1.95! If you don't check your statements - well, then I call that STUPID. After I called to cancel, I went back to the PRO FLOWERS site and checked to see how "fraudulent" it was. IT'S NOT. A WHOLE page comes up offering a discount on your next purchase... TELLING you that that discount includes the 30 trial of Easy Saver. You actually HAVE to enter your email address AND zip code ANDDDDD click on "enroll me now" !!! If you people can't see that, you don't need to have a credit card OR bank account. I too called to cancel. I spoke with a perfectly lovely customer service representative who was more than helpful in explaining the enrollment process as well as refunding my money. All I had to do was request it. These poor people you are calling have NOTHING to do with the enrollment. They are just the unfortunate souls who have to deal with hotheaded idiots like all of you. What the heck are you getting out of being rude and demanding to these people! It's a job. How would you like people to call YOU all day and yell at you????? You get alot more with honey than with vinegar. LEARN TO READ AND OWN UP TO YOUR OWN MISTAKES. This is a perfectly ligit company. I have looked into it. They have been in business for longer than I am old, and if you think being a bunch of idiots in denial is going to bring them down... well, continue to waste your time. However, I would suggest you spend that time learning to READ rather than yelling about someone "stealing" your money when it's your own fault. Jerks.

• Ru
      12th of Aug, 2016
    Easy Saver - unauthorized membership
    Easy Saver
    Wisconsin
    myeasysaver.com

I placed an order from Oriental Trading Company online and was automatically registered for easy saver membership. I never completed the registration for easy saver club and now I see by numerous complaints...I am in for alot of hassles to cancel this membership. I tried to cancel by going to their website and can find nowhere to cancel the membership only rip off complaints. I see by the numerous other responses this is a normal practice for this company...very bad business.

• Br
      12th of Aug, 2016

LET ME TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING... OKAY? I happen to be one of those women/men who answer those phones at the CALL CENTER that you are calling and verbally abusing. Really, is that necessary. Most of us who answer those phones have worked there less time that you have been being charged. We didn't work there when it happened, we didn't enter in any of your information FOR you, we are working in one of the hardest industries there is and yet...why do we chose to be there... because we like to HELP. We are helpers when we answer that phone. While we do understand your frustration - we want to help remedy the situation. Every company will do something that angers you at some point. It's how they resolve the issue that matters. That gal on the other end of the phone had nothing to do with your enrollment. Yet, daily we get yelled at, cursed, and verbally abused as soon as we as how we can HELP you. What part of HELP don't you understand. YOU made the mistake of the enrollment in the Easy Saver Rewards Program. YOU are the ones who have been negligent in checking your accounts weekly... if not DAILY - like I do! Believe it or not, it's not a SCAM. We have been in busines for over 30 years and have over a million satisfied customers... who DO read the smaller print, (which in this case there IS no fine PRINT! It's an entire webpage that TELLS you to 'ENTER YOUR INFORMATION MANUALLY"... where it says "ENTER YOUR INFORMATION TO JOIN THE EASY SAVER REWARDS PROGRAM!" So, PLEASE... remember when you call that we truly do understand you are surprised, upset, angry, irrate and even threatening to report us to the BBB. Well, we ARE members of the BBB! Just try to be nice. You get alot farther with honey than vinegar. We are not responsible for what happened in your situation...however, we are kind enough to take the abusive from you... and still resolve the situation for you to your satisfaction! We like to have happy customers! We post our phone number on every charge on your bank statement. The bank has our phone number. It's no scam. The fact of the matter is that you didn't read. So, because you didn't read, just clicked clicked and clicked, you call and curse at us! Hey, some of us are good Christian women and we don't deserve to be talked to the way you talk to us. YOU made the mess... now, try to be kind to us while we resolve the problem to the best of our ability and to your satisfaction. Just stop yelling at us!

• Sc
      22nd of Aug, 2016
    Easy Saver - money taken from my account after telling rep. i was not interested in any type of program
    Easy Saver
    Cypress
    California
    Phone: 7148279270

Moneyedge and Easy Saver ripe people like me off. I told the representative I was not interested in any type of member or any other offers. money was taken from my checking acct. I was interested in one product that was a trial basic and it was $1.00 and the charged me the $1.00 plus 16.95 twice. I told the rep that I was on life disibility and i was not intersted my times and she continued to talk. I interruped her and tole her that i was not trying to be rude but that i was saving us both time by stopping her.Finally she said okay and thank you. I made sure to ask again that not one dime other than the $1.oo was comming out and she said yes. What a scam.