Easy Saver / Unauthorized charges!

1 Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-9491

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

Va

Comments

15th of May, 2008

If is my fault I do take the blame but it is also a scam. I am so glad this site is here I just orderd from pro-flowers after being referred by my brother who has used it several times. I saw the 1.95 on my account and looked it up, ended up here. I will be alot more careful next time I go to shop oniine. I also warned by brother.

• Al
      15th of May, 2008

THIS COMPANY MAKES MONEY WITHOUT DELIVERING SERVICES. their business is to entice you to try 1 month free and then hope you don't notice the charges. they don't refund the original pro-flowers shipping charges as promised/suggested. I wonder how much cut pro-flowers gets to keep advertising EASY SAVER (?).

pro-flowers free shipping through EASY SAVERS- I profusely canceled my free 1 month subscription ONLINE before my "free subscription" was over AND THEY STILL CHARGED ME 3 months. In my online cancellation I complained that I never received any refund for the 2 pro-flowers orders that I filled out the paperwork for.
    After calling, the operator said " I don't have a record of your phone cancellation".

"the free shipping is ONLY for your NEXT order"

• Li
      15th of May, 2008

I was going over my bank statement today and notice $1.95 charge from Easy Saver.
    I googled it and found this complaint site, thank goodness.
    I called the number listed with the charge on my bank statement.
    They had all my info: my name, address, phone number, everything.
    She said that ProFlowers offered me a $15 rebate, and I said "yea, it's in my spam inbox. I'm looking at it right now. I didn't sign up for that ### and I don't want it."
    The rebate for free shipping sounds good too, but after you read, it's a scam. They start charging you.
    Luckily I caught it when it was just the $1.95 "processing fee" and not the $14.95 monthly fee.
    What is that ### for anyways? How is that a deal?
    All I wanted to do was order flowers for my mom, and not I have to deal with this crap.
    I WILL be complaining to proflowers.com.
    ###.
    It's scary what scams have access to, how they can get all your information and start charging you money without your knowledge.

• Gl
      16th of May, 2008

I used Proflower, too, and thought I was getting a discount. Also remembered seeing some offer for additional discount in the future and thought I did not agree to sign up. I certainly did not give my credit card number, name, phone, and address a second time. However, I had somehow enrolled in "Easy Saver" and was charged $14.95 When I tried to cancel the subscription, I learned that they had all of my information. How was this accomplished without my explicitly giving the information to "Easy Saver"? I will never use Proflower. In fact, I will no longer shop through UPromise from which I came to Proflower. When I contacted UPromise about questionable practices of their "contributing companies, " they wrote, "We do not assume any liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such correspondence, offer or promotion, including without limitation the withdrawal or modification of any such offer or promotion." UPromise does not benefit me enough for me to lose my privacy.

• Ri
      17th of May, 2008

I also agree it's a scam. I ordered a shirt from Blair that was advertised in the Sunday paper. I remember getting the $1.95 charge too late to call the bank. Today I see a $14.95 charge, for what? Something has too be done. Never ordered from Pro-flowers.

• Li
      19th of May, 2008

Thank you for your direction and the exact same complaint was found on my credit card bill today. I called and they cancelled the service immediately and said they would reverse the charges in 1-2 billing cycles. Karie was the rep I talked with and now we will see if they hold true to their word. I question every useing Pro-Flowers again. Very sneaky and not above board. I would caution everyone. Linda

• Pa
      19th of May, 2008

I too recieved charges of $14.95 for four months before I realized the charge. I called and said I had not signed up for anything and the lady said she would cancel and refund $14.95. I then said I was charged that for four months and the total would come out to be more like $60. She put me on hold for about five minutes and then came back and said she would refund all my money. Her name was Amanda. Make sure you ask for a cancelation confirmation number when done. Your best bet is to be kind to those who have to answer the phone all day. They hold more power over the situtation then you think. Hope this helps.

• Mo
      20th of May, 2008

I made an order with blair over the computer when i was finished it said to click here for a free coupon well when i checked my checking acct. It had a fee from them for 1.95 well i called the company and sent an email to my bank telling them not to give them any money that it is a scam i hold blair responsible as that is how they got my acct number. I am going to also call blair i will no longer do business with blair. This really makes me mad that they could access my acct. so easily. Something needs to be done easy saver doing this to people. So everyone beware of blair they allow people to have access to your acct.

• Wt
      21st of May, 2008

Like everyone else, I had the same problem. I called 800-444-9491 and spoke with Kate. She was very helpful, and I explained to here that I never signed up for Easy Saver or agreed to it when ordering flowers from ProFlowers.com; so I guess I will never order from ProFlowers again.

22nd of May, 2008

I just noticed a $1.95 charge on my account and suspected this is what happened. I did a google search on easy saver and found this warning. I called the toll free # you provided and Jeannie from EasySaver was very nice and apologetic. She said she would cancel the service and that I would see no more charges. Thank you so much for posting this information. It was very helpful. Now, let's hope that those charges really do stop or I will have to sick my bank on them!

22nd of May, 2008

I just contacted ProFlowers and ask for a Supervisor. She said she would refund all of my money and that their policy says if someone calls that inadvertantly signed up, they are to refund ALL of their money. I told her that I was very happy with the floral service that they provided and that they were doing a disservice to themselves and their customers by being affiliated with easy savers. However, she told me tht 90% of their customers appreciate the easy saver service so I do not think they are going to reconsider that relationship. I did tell her that as long as they were tied to easy saver, I would not be a customer.

• Ql
      22nd of May, 2008

I ha the same problem happening to me after I ordered some fruit from Cherry Moon Farm, which is owned by ProFlowers. I was charged $14.95 twice in my last statement by Easy Saver. This is a deceptive practice by ProFlowers and it has to stop!!!

• Ql
      23rd of May, 2008

I was automatically enrolled in this dubious Easy Saver program after putting my email down during a transaction to buy some fruit from Cherry Moon Farm, which is owned by Proflowers. Proflowers told me that is how you can inadvertent enroll yourself. Of course, we customers are not at all aware of that. I just filed a complaint to the FTC and recommend that you all do the same. Hopefully, the more complaints we have about this deceptive practice, the better chance that we will have it stopped.

• Be
      26th of May, 2008

I had made a purchase from Blair.com with the same results. Stating that their site is hacker safe is a joke since they are the hackers. Blair just hands all your information over including your credit card information!! Never again will I do business with them.

• Em
      28th of May, 2008

I just got off the phone with the Easy Saver people and they assured me that I would not be billed anymore. When I asked which company they got my info from they said it could be a number of places that I ordered something from.

• Ga
      28th of May, 2008

thank you for the info. same happened to me. i sent them an email to reverse the charge and then followed up with a call. they were polite and reversed the charge with no problem. thank you again for posting your complaint for others to see.

• Tr
      30th of May, 2008

I just got my bank statement with a notice from my bank letting me know that Easy Savor has been taking that same 14.95 out of my account for three months but that I should be concerned as this company has alot of red flags. I called the bank today as I have never even heard of Easy Savor and I have never placed an order from them for anything. The bank has done alot of research for me and found out that it was after ordering flowers for valentines day for my aunt these charges started. Easy savor said that they were an affiliate program of Proflowers.com. Luckily my bank did all the dirty work for me. They contacted Proflowers and Easy Savor, the end result was the bank demaded my money back and will refuse any further charges from them, So I will not have to worry about them for any future purchases I make. I will not be using Proflowers.com ever again as they think Easy Savor is doing them a great service by being affiliated with them.
    I also had my card cancelled and now I have to deal with the inconvienece of waiting for a new card in the mail. But at least I will know that Easy Savor or Proflowers.com will never have my card info.

• So
      30th of May, 2008

This just happened to me yesterday, i am so glad i found this complaint because i called them and they "cancelled" the charge. Hopefully they listen this time and give me the full amount back. I completely agree, and my mother says its completely illegal what theyre doing because, i dont recall signing up for anything either. hopefully this company realized how much trouble theyll get into if they dont stop.

30th of May, 2008

I signed up with bargain network for the "free 30 day trial" and they ended up talking me into the easy saver (also 30 day trial) and continued to try and talk me into all these other things, that if I wanted to cancel, to just do so before the 30 days are up. So my 30 days will be up June 4th and I canceled w/ bargain network today, and tried to call easy saver with no luck, so I went to the website they mentioned in their recording. It's a shame there are such businesses such as these around.

2nd of Jun, 2008

The deal is, from what I remember, is that AFTER you order from ProFlowers, an email is sent that asks you if you want $25 off your next order and if you agree to THAT, thats when you get signed up for Easy Saver. So I called them and right off the bat told them I knew where the charge came from, how I got it and that I'd been thru this before (I hadnt but I wanted to let them know up front that I'd heard the spiel before and I wasnt about to go thru it again). The rep was very nice about it and just cancelled the order. Heres the messed up part...I ordered those flowers for one of my co-workers cause she didnt have a credit card...so guess who got the Easy Saver charge...me. Guess whos account went over the limit because of it and got charged $35...thats right...me. ACK! I hate these scams. And please dont write back telling me its my fault I only had $14.00 in my account...duh!