Easy Saver / Unauthorized charges!

1 Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-9491

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

Va

Comments

• Cs
      26th of Mar, 2008

OMG! this actually happend to me too! I couldnt figure out where the charge was coming from...after seeing this site, i put two and two together and realized that when i ordered flowers for my mother in law, thats when the charges had started of $14.95. I had contacted my bank and they said it was fraud. Finally I decided to "google...Easy saver" and bam...found this site, VERY HELPFUL! so I looked back at my old bank statments and found the same 800 number as posted above. I called the, and they gave me this big speal about how I agreed to a membership when I didnt...didnt even click on the pop up add!!!
    I will NEVER order flowers from proflowers.com again! SO...hopefully I will get my FULL refund like they told me I would! So if its not in my account within the 7-10 days, I WILL BE CALLING THEM EVERYDAY!!! tell everyone...this is a SCAM!

• Br
      28th of Mar, 2008

I just figured out that I was ripped off too!
    Thanks to many of you who've written in for giving me the heads up on what to expect. I have to wait until Monday to call in to Easy Saver and it's an arguement I'm not looking forward to. I now feel like I have some perspective and understanding of what's happened to me.
    Unfortunate for ProFlowers...I was a regular customer and I will now warn everyone not to use their services. What a deceitful thing to do to your customers!

• Br
      28th of Mar, 2008

I just figured out I was ripped off too! I go ogled Easy Saver and found this site. It has been quite informative.

Thank you to everyone who's written in and given me a heads up on what to expect when I call Easy Saver. I feel like I now have perspective and more understanding of how to argue my situation when calling on Monday.

Unfortunate for Pro-Flowers... I was a regular customer and I will now try to prevent others from using their services because of their deceitful tactics.

• Al
      31st of Mar, 2008

Well this has been an interesting morning! It started with me reading an online story about a man who said he had been scammed by Easy Saver due to a phone call he received about winning a gift card. The name Easy Saver sounded familiar to me so I did a search and ended up here. Last year I had to start taking over the family finances due to my husband's illness. I noticed a charge on a credit card bill for Easy Saver. I asked him what it was and he had no idea. I checked a couple of statements back and found the same charge. I finally called the credit card company to ask if they knew what this company was, was told it was for discount travel and vacation services, and told them we would never have willingly signed up for such a thing as we don't travel. They checked and the charges went back several months. Apparently this was tied to a magazine subscription my husband had taken out. Luckily, the credit card company canceled all the back charges and stopped any further ones. From the way the credit card company person sounded I think they have run into Easy Saver doing this to several others also as they didn't hesitate to remove the charges.

• Ca
      31st of Mar, 2008

Add me to the list. I was also a loyal Pro Flowers customer...same story as everyone else. I called Easy Saver this am to stop the charges and was told that would happen and I would get a full refund for the charges.

Unfortunately, I too will never order from Proflowers again.

• Ro
      18th of Apr, 2008

Yep, had the same thing to me. Well I didn't catch it till recently and they took it out for 10 months!! I called them this afternoon and a lady said she was only able to refund 6!!! She stated that I authorized it and their system wasn't able to refund the remaining. "Sorry but I'll override the 1st 2 and then refund another 4 giving you 6 FULL REFUNDS" I said " you need to go ahead and override those 6 and give me a full refund on my full 10"
    At the end she put me on hold (just like everyone else in sales) and acted as if she can get this authorized and with patience I was able to get a full refund.
    Never again will I use them!

• Va
      30th of Apr, 2008
    EasySaver Rewards - I too was a recent victim of the scam by Easy Saver
    EasySaver Rewards
    www.easysaverrewards.com

I too was a victim of Easy Saver. I saw a pending charge of $1.95 within a day of ordering and express delivery from Pro Flowers. I saw the offer for a shipping rebate on my next order within my order confirmation from Pro Flowers. I clicked on it, but was not prompted to put in my credit card number. Pro Flowers gave the third party my information. I've contacted the company to get my rebate and they argued at first saying that I gave them permission and that my submission was like my signature. Finally they said they would credit me the charge. I argued with them and told them of all the complaints I saw online about the company and that their practices were criminal.

In addition, I called my bank to dispute the charge, called Pro Flowers to complain and submitted a complaint on the Better Business Bureau. I was shocked at the cavalier attitude of Pro Flowers. I was told by one customer service rep that they have no control of Easy Saver. I told them that this was a scam, spoke to the supervisor who said they will "look into the matter". Even she admitted that the offer isn't very clear. Well, I won't be purchasing flowers from Pro Flowers because of their affiliation with the company. Thank you to all of you who gave specific posts of your experience. I wouldn't have thought to cancel my debit card and get a reissue.

• Je
      5th of May, 2008

This happened to me yesterday! Thanks to Tommas from Maryland. I used your 1800 number above and got them to take me off their membership list. The lady was very pleasant and I'm only out $1.95. Thanks again for the number.

• Sh
      7th of May, 2008

Call this number for Easy Saver 1-800-355-1837. The person you talk to is authorized to give you 2 months of the $14.95 back or so they say. She said it would take 7-10 business days for your account to be refunded and they would cancel your membership with this online Easy Saver cr*p!

I called Pro-Flowers and they gave me the number above. It took me 3 months to figure out i was being charged and they said by clicking the $10 off box at the end of my proflowers order that it sends you an email with your sign up information and you are automatically charged $14.95 per month from regardless if you ever open their email.

• Va
    Easy Saver - Beware
    Easy Saver

I’ve been getting a $14.95 charge to my Bank Debit Card for four months now. I do not authorize any charges to any such service. They say 'membership' when I call the number that shows up: 800-262-6199 they give me a cancellation number CST1040308ES but they have not refund the charges for the amount of $59.80 this company is EASY SAVER. I believe this charge has to be refund to me because they told me the information was taking for a vitamin I was purchased true the Internet.

• Co
      8th of May, 2008

Thanks so much for this information. I just ordered flowers for my mom for mother's day and noticed an activation fee of 1.95 and called right away. I will be refunded and no other charges will be put on my account... I hope!!

• Ed
      8th of May, 2008

I too was billed for $1.95 and $14.95 by Easy Savor. I called them and they did reverse the $14.95 charge. They kept the initial $1.95 charge. I view them as a scam outfit and I'm surprised that Proflowers is associated with them. The whole setup seems a little shady. I trusted Proflowers. Why I don't know. No reason why I should have. They no longer have my trust. Looks like Easy Savor does attempt to stay within the letter of the law and return the money when the charges are challenged. It's difficult to charge them with deceptive practices when they do return the money when asked. My bet is that they are raking in money (without delivering any service) from people who have never complained or maybe never noticed they are being charged.

Proflowers has lost my business as a result. I wasn't happy with them anyway because they screwed up my Valentine's Day order which triggered the Easy Savor in the first place.

• Da
      8th of May, 2008

For those who were had by the easysaver/freeshipping.com scam through proflowers, forewarning, you always need to 'read the fine print'. I placed an order at proflowers and saw the free shipping ad that tempts you to simply put your email and name in to get up to $15 of free shipping. But, off to the side in small, fine print is the below message. Which saves their ### legally since it is on the same page as the offer. So, always be suspicious of 'free offers'; always read the fine print--nothing is free.
    -Daniel
    Miami, FL

OFFER DETAILS

Activate your membership in EasySaver RewardsSM to claim your $15 gift code good for your next purchase and start saving and enjoying all the benefits and access for the next 30 days for just a $1.95 activation fee billed by EasySaver RewardsSM to the credit card you just entered during your ProFlowers purchase. Please note, by signing up and clicking above, the following information will be transmitted securely through SSL encryption from your most recent ProFlowers order to EasySaver RewardsSM to secure your membership: credit card information; billing address; billing telephone number; and order ID number. To continue after the introductory trial period, do nothing and all the great benefits and savings will automatically continue for just $14.95 per month, billed by EasySaver RewardsSM to this same credit card. You may cancel at anytime, with no further obligation, just by calling the toll-free number contained in the membership information provided to you. And, you keep the $15 Gift Code just for trying EasySaver RewardsSM for 30 days

• Ke
      9th of May, 2008

I had the same thing happen, but I caught it early, and called the number given above, and they were very willing to cancel my membership, and refunded the 14.95 charge.

13th of May, 2008

Cancelled during trial period but have been billed continuosly

13th of May, 2008

I felt inclined to post to this blog stream just so that there is one additional complaint out there. I also had the same thing happen to me after my purchase through proflowers this mother's day. I contacted the number posted in the first blog entry. I simply told the woman I wanted to be taken off their membership list and I wanted the $1.95 credited back to my account. I basically refused to let her carry on and told her what I wanted to happen, without any question. She assured me that my name would be taken off and the $ credited back to my account. Meanwhile, I also sent an email to proflowers informing them that I will no longer continue to give them business.

• Df
      13th of May, 2008

I just called and cancelled today. I have been assured that there will be no further charges to my account and that my $1.95 will be credited back to me. We'll see. I told the rep of all the complaints I've read on the Internet and that the agreement must have been in very small print because I KNOW I would have never messed with Easy Saver had I known I was going to be charged for the trial! I'm going to keep calling to verify that I am NOT a member. If I get charged again, I'll have my documentation.

• Ka
      13th of May, 2008

I too got ripped off by this deal on pro-flowers. I did have a credit for the full amount without any trouble. Perhaps they had been notified of their deceptive practice by a consumer board. If it were not for this site and getting the #, I would not have made the connection to pro-flowers. I just put easy saver in the search and up this site came. Thanks so much. 5/13/08

• Li
      13th of May, 2008

For those commenting about the fine print, especially David 89 days ago who most likely works for EasySaver, I did read the fine print and decided not to take advantage of the offer for a discount. So, I didn't get the special coupon but still was charged by EasySaver.

I will file a complaint with the BBB and let everybody I know to watch out for charges from EasySaver, and to never do business with ProFlowers again.

• Mi
      13th of May, 2008

I found the charges when trying to balance my checkbook, I called Easy Saver and they where willing to cancel my members ship. However where not willing to refund my money until I mentioned the BBB. I will now be looking for all my money to be refunded. I will also stick the locate flower shop that I have used before and not some add I saw on TV, guess thats what we get to try to save money.