Easy Life Furniture / delivery disaster!

We purchased a couch from Easy Life Furniture (www.easylifefurniture.com). The buying experience was pleasant enough, but when it came time for them to deliver the couch, we had a horrific experience with them.

Firstly, they tried to jam the couch into the elevator and when it didn't fit they became angry and tried to force me to sign a waiver of liability so if they damaged the couch, I was liable for it.

After I refused to do this, they became even more belligerent. I refused delivery of the couch, since they would only bring it up to my apartment if I accepted liability for it. They called me back a few minutes later to come downstairs because they had left their dolly inside our apartment building behind a locked door.

I came down immediately to give them access to the dolly to find that they had pounded in our door to the point that the lock was bent and it was impossible to open the door from either side!

When I confronted them about this, they began calling me names and using slurs at me and picked up the couch and practically ran out of my apartment complex. When I asked the delivery man his name, he of course, didn't give it to me.

I was in tears at this point and trying to explain to my apartment management people that these men had damaged the door. The delivery guy came back to take of picture of the door and continued to be belligerent - yelling and calling me names.

It was a horrible experience. I am a woman and was alone at the time of delivery. They were trying to railroad me into signing papers I didn't have to, and when I didn't they began being intimidating and mean.

I will never do business with these people again and I encourage anybody else who is considering it to GET OUT while you still can. They are not an ethical company. Do not give them your money!

Amy
Los Angeles, California
U.S.A.

Am

Comments

• Ed
      29th of Aug, 2007

My delivery went very well for me and I love the furniture.

30th of Aug, 2007

Nothing but a great experience for me and I love the furniture, especially the price. To bad your experience was bad, but I have recommended to everyone and those who have bought had the same experience as myself.

• Me
      7th of Nov, 2007

Sorry to hear that. Easy Life has made my life anything but easy.

I've been dealing with their customer service on and off for about 4 months now because they cancel without notice, conveniently forgot to send my warranty which I paid for in store(for those who don't know- you pay in store and get warranty with delivered item, if not included this becomes your problem), they don't seem to have records of anything and they love to pass you from voicemail to voicemail (just press "0" it will force someone to pick up and actually listen to you).

Easy Life- great prices, cheap furniture, VERY BAD customer experience/ service.

And, everyone I've talked to has had a bad experience as well.

PLEASE, do your research before buying from any store, I only which I did. Amy be happy you seen the signs early on, I only which I did.

27th of Nov, 2007

Can't agree with this complaint. I was sure to do my research. Actually, I shopped a couple of their stores and compared experiences and product based on some of these reviews. When I shopped their competition they were priced much higher and were less friendly.

I found the exact opposite of what is described above and got a great deal with timely delivery. The delivery company was very pleasant and professional.

I find it hard to believe the delivery company acted the you say without some type of provocation. It just doesn't make sense. But if so, I can sympathize with you. However, I would highly recommend Easy Life and have done so to all my friends and family.

• Da
      31st of Oct, 2008

Bought some furniture from the worst easylife store, (MURRIETA) the salesman was awsome customer service good... but dealing with the manager wow what a experience its like dealing with a teenage age girl going through puberty or Bi-Polar teenager, at first she seemed okay but she just snapped on a dime. Loud screaming at me and my family... blaming me for the delivery people's mistake ... I then canceled my entire order she became even worse ... I mean what a ###... I then took a bite of the 20% re-stocking fee which is full of ###... Like there going to re-stock ###ed up merchandise... give me a break ... I then bought the Majority of my furniture at Living Spaces... There was a couple of pieces I did like from easylife, and I ended up buying that at there Ontario Store...
    Everyone there especially the Manager a true Human being He listened to my story about there Murrieta store and Gave me his Assurance if anything happend to my furniture the next time he would tkae care of it

• Ro
      18th of Feb, 2009

I agree with Amber, I've actually purchesed furniture for OTHER people from Easy Life and I wouldn't do this unless I was confident it would hold up. Nothing bad to say here...

• Mr
      17th of Oct, 2009

I purchased a show room demo dining room set, table chairs, china cabinet with hutch (all Kathy Ireland) plus a new living room set with recliner sofa, recliner love seat, recliner easy chair, two end tables and a coffee table. The china cabinet and hutch was delivered with scratches and one glass hutch shelf missing. It took weeks to get it replaced. A few days after receiving the living room set we noticed a problem with the sofa. The center section was not flush with the left and right section. It was positioned inward about two inches. It took five months to get an Easylife "tech" to come out and look at it. Yep, it's defective. Now they’ve taken it back to "Return it to the manufacturer for repair". 1) All they can tell me is the manufacturer is "Ashford" and nothing else (phone, address). 2) Now I understand that the manufacturer is liquidated and the furniture is discontinued. 3) They've let it slip that they will probably do the repair themselves anyways. The customer service rep. has lied and failed to return my phone calls. The store manager has just flat out ignored me. On top of all that and I have no idea who is going to actually repair the sofa as my matching irreplaceable discontinued sofa is gallivanting around the country side. Those are scary thoughts.

• El
      12th of May, 2011

test pic

• El
      16th of Aug, 2011

I can't believe that this company is still doing business. The pain began when I entered the store. Sales person with no knowledge of what they are selling and a manager that was the same. After making the purchase of a sofa, I was delivered the wrong one 3 times. Called the person (Tess Viall) that was to make the situation better and this was a joke. She was a Bit%& from hell. Who hires an incompetent Director like this. I Will tell everybody I meet not to shop there. Hopefully they will be going out of business soon.

Miss Sofa