Easy Life Furniture / their moral as cheap as their prices!

I went into Easy Life Furniture to purchase a bedroom set. After I picked out the set they told me it would be in-stock and ready for delivery within 4 weeks. So on April 8th I ordered the furniture, it is now June 12th and the delivery date has been moved to sometime in late June or early July. With each phone call the date changes. Forget getting through to the customer service number always busy. Does that mean that their are so many complaints that their operators can not handle the volume...The final straw was that the week after I ordered the set their sales paper came out with the words IN STOCK for the same furniture that they told me wouldn't be in for 4 weeks, isn't it illegal to advertise that you have a product in stock when you really have no idea when it will actually arrive. Well their prices may be a little cheaper, but their morals are rather cheap also.

Comments

• Ed
      29th of Aug, 2007

Great service, quick delivery and nice furniture is what I experienced.

• Me
      7th of Nov, 2007

Peggy if you haven't already, STOP do not buy from them. Customer service is really bad. It's so frustrating I've been dealing with them for about 4 months because they can't get anything right on their end.

This past weekend we waited 4 hours to have our broken couch picked up. The time passed, we had to call to find out the status turns out we were taken off the driver’s route. We asked if their was any way the driver could just show up, we were willing to wait. Within a 30 minute time frame we were passed around to six different people some of which were voice mails and the people we did speak to had us tell them the whole story and just transferred finally we got someone who knew how to do their job and look into matters for us. We were promised a call back, got it 15 min. later and ended up rescheduling for the following Saturday (now we had to convenience them). We ended up getting a call on Tuesday telling us to be present on Wednesday for delivery. This is just half of the hell we have gone through.

Please do your research on any furniture store you plan on dealing with. Our sad situation is on-going.

I hope we have a fixed couch by Thanksgiving, I know we won't receive a status call and we may get a surprise delivery- they are so unpredictable.

• Bl
      13th of Jun, 2010

ALL OF THE COMMENTS THAT I HAVE READ THIS EVENING HAVE REALLY AMAZED ME. MOST OF THE PEOPLE TALKING SEEM AS IF THEY DON'T READ VERY WELL OR PAY ATTENTION TO ANY CONTRACTS. WHEN YOU BUY ANY BIG TICKET ITEMS, THERE'S ALWAYS RULES AND COMPANY POLICIES. I DON'T KNOW OF ANY RETAIL COMPANY THAT COULD STAY IN BUSINESS WITHOUT ANY COMPANY POLICES. I AM SURE THAT THEY SIGNED SOME KIND OF CONTRACT UPON PURCHASHING FURNITURE. THE PEOPLE THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT PRICE MATCHING & RETURNING FURNITURE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT WOULD PUT YOU OUT OF BUSINESS, WITH THEIR RETURNS AND PRICE MATCHING ANYTHING THAT THEY SEE THAT WOULD BE MISTAKEN FOR THE SAME ITEM . I EVEN READ A COMPLAINT ABOUT SOMEONE GETTING A REFUND AND STILL HAD A COMPLAINT. ANYONE THAT HAS TIME TO WRITE A COMPLAINT AFTER GETTING A REFUND, BEWARE PEOPLE. I READ ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RUDE MANAGEMENT, HOW WAS THIER ATTITUDE TOWARD THE CLERK AND THE MANAGEMENT? BEWARE CONSUMERS THAT ARE READING THIS
    GAR-BAGE, THIS IS A ONE SIDED STORY. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU HEAR, SEE OR READ. I HAVE WORKED IN RETAIL FOR 25 YEARS.

• Ju
      26th of Mar, 2011

Easy Life is garbage furniture that is overpriced. You get what you pay for. You get sleazy sales people and cheaply made furniture. Furniture is very difficult to shop for when you are working a budget. I have seen sectionals costing $2000 at one store only to find the same couch at another for $1000. You really have to do a lot of searching when buying furniture.

The bottom line is stay away from Easy Life. There are no redeeming qualities.