Easy Jet / rip off

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

When I booked a flight for myself and a friend online, I put my name and her name and only when I printed off the e-ticket, I realised that it did not accept my friends name. When I finally got round to talk to somebody on an Easy Jet Desk at Stansted Airport, I had to pay £106 (!!!) to change the name - this was more than the original ticket had cost. My suspicion is that Easy Jet (at least at times) put a default on their booking system that it would not accept other names and you only find out when it is too late - and then they make profit on the name change.

Comments

• Ru
      29th of May, 2009

I travel by Easy Jet on a regular basis and have neaver had any problems with their booking service. You have to read it carefully or you will be paying for items that you don't require. Abount 90% of the compliants are not justified its just because passangers can't admit they made a mistake.

The service on on board is poor the food terriable but then pay for it take you on. Stop complaining.

29th of May, 2009

I've often booked multiple tickets on EJ in the past - it's easy to make a mistake if you're not concentrating 100% or you're tired or something, but in this case, there is no default when it comes to passenger names - you have to fill them in or select them, depending on your account preferences that you've set them up. And yes, it is expensive - I once accidentally booked a ticket in my mother's name whilst using her computer: £22.50. A tip for the future - it's cheaper to change it on-line through "manage my booking" than over the 'phone - not that that's much good to you now.

• Ca
      30th of May, 2009

You get what you pay for. You want cheap pricing, then expect cheap service!!

• Lo
      9th of Jun, 2009

We all know Easyjet & such like are bugjet airlines & Most people will agree it is fair & justified to be charged an admin fee to change a name but how can anyone believe it is fair & just to charge over £100 for a minor clerical alteration on a seat for a flight that has already been paid for & reserved? I have just been billed £108 to change a name on a flight I bought in mid march for only £78 & I think it's disgusting. That's my spending money for the trip all gone.

9th of Jun, 2009

Another tip for another time - unless you *have* to fly from Stansted, or have got an amazing deal and are travelling with handluggage only, it's often cheaper to fly with another airline - for example, I am going to Istanbul next week, and only booked the flight last week. Cheaper to fly from LHR, which is more convenient for me, with Turkish and Swiss and at the time, only £20 more for BA. I sometimes book very cheap flights far in davance for amazing prices - but it's often a false economy as plans change and then it's cheaper to junk the tickets and fly scheduled than change anything on a budget flight.

9th of Jun, 2009

Another tip for next time - it's always MUCH cheaper to change flights, bookings etc through "manage my booking" than by calling.

• Sl
      16th of Jun, 2009

It's also easier to book with another airline who don't charge you extortionate fees to change a name. I have just had to change the name of a passenger no longer travelling with our group to be confronted with a £45 name change fee (just about fair enough), but then to add insult to injury, an additional cost of £130 (because the cost of the flight has increased that much since my original booking), and then on top of that a 2.5% charge to use Visa. Last and only time I will ever use Easyjet. This has now more than doubled the cost of this flight and I find this totally unacceptable.

13th of Aug, 2009

I have just phoned Easyjet to make a forename change. I had put a mate's nickname in instead of his proper forename. It took around 3-4 mins when I had got through and they did it free of charge!
    Good service indeed!