Easy Clean Systems / Customer Service

Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

This company is also known as Steam Cleaners Inc, Sacramento; and is a branch of J&S Equipment.

Last Wednesday afternoon, I contacted "Peggy" of this company for a part that I desperately needed. There were 2 possible part numbers, one being half price of the other. She said she would call right back after finding out which part I needed. I didn't get a call back from her that day. Thursday, she left me a message saying that the cheaper part wasn't in stock and asked if I wanted the more expensive one. I told her that I needed to know which part was the right one to order and she again said she would find out and get back to me. She called back with the information I needed and we decided that I did need the more expensive part. I gave her my credit card information and tried to purchase the part.

I had just deposited several business checks into that account and the bank clears the funds 90% of the time. This time, they held the funds and the payment failed. She called back to inform me of payment failure and I told her that I would call her back the next day (Friday).

Friday came and the checks still hadn't cleared. I was on a large job that day and worked until 7pm. I tried to call back, but their office was closed.

So, I tried to call Saturday and found out their office is closed on weekends. Everything up to this point was standard and I have no complaints. Peggy seemed to be a little scattered, but it was not offensive.

Monday came and I called again around 9:30am. The person that responded said that she wasn't in the office yet, but would be in about 10 minutes and she would call me back. I did not get a call back, so I called again around 1pm. Again, the person said she was out and should be back in 10 minutes and she would call me back.

It was 2:30 and I was concerned it may be getting too late to ship the part today. I have jobs waiting and this part is holding them up. I called another distributor and got everything taken care of in just over 5 minutes.

Finally, around 3pm, Peggy calls me back and I told her I had to get the part from another company. She proceeded to tell me, with a raised voice, what a waste of time I was, told me that she already charged my card (without my permission?) and went on ranting about how rude I am and now she has to do a refund. Without letting me speak, she then hung up on me. I called again and somebody else answered. I asked to speak with a manager. While he was talking, she took the phone from him and proceeded to scold me again. She told me that she IS the manager. Then hung up on me again.

I understand that the first failed payment may have been frustrating for her. But it was much more frustrating for me. I haven't been able to use my machine since Tuesday. There's a half done job that I need to finish and more jobs are backing up. Most of her complaint with me is that I didn't return her call on Friday. I have a business to run. I don't have a secretary. And I couldn't wait any longer for this part.

Tr
Aug 01, 2016

Comments

• Ho
      Aug 03, 2016

I am very sorry about the bad experience you had with our company. I would like to talk to you about it. Please call me in Concord 925-686-0471. If I am not in, ask Louie for my cell phone. Thanks, Howie