Easy Birth Certificate / Unauthorized billing

I used www.easybirthcertificate.com because it promised I could get my certificates in 2-5 days, and because it took paypal payments. I thought it was great, until after you pay for it, it just sends you to Vitalchecks website, which is already available on google. And that's when the disclaimer telling you that the 19.99 per certificate is just a finders fee for the vital check website. You didn't actually pay for a certificate. You paid for the link to Vitalcheck. And they claim they will refuse to refund your money because the 19.99 is to pay for their bandwidth to send you the links. It's a total scam.

What's even worse, is when I actually looked up this website to see if it was a scam before I paid my money, nothing showed up on google. In fact, if you look up birth certificate scam sites, you'll find nothing. Not even https://www.complaintsboard.com shows up. You have to really search to find this site listed in the google searches.

Be

Comments

• Al
      12th of May, 2009

I wish I read this earlier -- fell for the same trap, disputed with Paypal, but those dumb ### over Paypal ruled in favor of jts associate and closed my dispute!

PAYPAL DISPUTE IS A JOKE! --- DON'T USE PAYPAL -- THEY SUPPORT SCAM

14th of Jul, 2016
    Easy Birth Certificate - false charges
    easy birth certificate
    easybirthcertificate.com

I was looking to purchase my birth certificate and up popped easy birth certificate so i click the link and it said pay 19.99 get you vital link now i was thinking it was to pay for my birth cert but it was a scam they sell you a web sight that you can find your self if you just click a direct link to vital chek express web page that's the link that you can find your self with out paying them 19.99 what a scam and rip off, don't do it just walk away thanks