Eastern Savings Bank / Awful bank

My house was scheduled for foreclosure sale today. This was the sixth date set by the bank. I tried everything our government recommended. I asked for modifications and restructure I even called HOPE CRISIS what a bunch of bull. Busch administration did not tell the banks to work with people. Eastern Savings Bank will not cooperate at all. I filed a chapter 13 restructure and the bank asked for a relief of stay due to "position be jeopardized due to declining market". I voluntarily dismissed my chapter and having been awaiting the sale. I am ready to walk and now need to figure out when I will be evicted and how much time. I really need to know how I can get them to pay for my move. The bailout must have worked for some because there were 19 foreclosures scheduled at the same time as mine and all of them except mine were rescheduled or canceled at the request of the beneficiary (the bank) go figure my luck!

Va

Comments

• Tr
      13th of Nov, 2008

this must be the worst bank ever, I am in a nightmare mortgage with them, I've asked for a mortgage modification, and a restructure I was turned down on both attempts, I went to my state for mortgage assistance, they were willing to assist but Eastern refused to adjust the arrears, they had almost $4000.00 0f additional tax escrows included, even though they agreed to charging me for incorrect taxes, according to the escrow department they could not adjust the figure until the mortgage was brought current, I tried to get them to see that those taxes were driving the figure higher, and making it impossible to pay the arrears but they would not cooperate, I was told. "too bad, you need to sell your house" . I don't know how they could get away with this, its criminal and I don't know where to turn, The representative that is handling my mortgage is the rudest person I've ever encountered, the counselor from my county housing department tried to reason with her, she gave this professional mortgage counselor no respect, I tried to warn her ahead of time, but she said, "the lenders usually work better with them" one conversation with the Eastern pit bull, she said to me "I've never had that happen in all my 20 years" I don't know maybe its me, but isn't it better to have people modify and pay than to have a bunch of foreclosed properties. I'd like to know how others are getting there mortgages modified, restructured and/or refinanced. I have a brand new baby and trying to keep a roof over our heads

• Ta
      30th of Nov, 2008

I am going through the same issue with Eastern Savings! I paid apply2save to contact eastern savings to get the modification and they declined any form of helping us. We have 3 children we have written letters, called etc and Eastern Savings employees are so cold and mean hearted. We were just served papers and not sure how much longer we have. I am trying to figure out other options as we want to keep our home but a 12% rate come on... why not modify the loan and tack the back payments on the end of it? or extend it to a 40 year mortgage? I am not asking for a favor like cash out or totally waive my past payments I am asking for a break. any ideas? I will for sure come back and share mine.

26th of Jan, 2009

Subject: Eastern Savings Bank

To whom this may concern,
    Eastern Savings Bank is our mortgage holder. Due to unfortunate set of circumstances medical and lost of income that cause us to become delinquent on our mortgage May 2008. We call Eastern Savings Bank
    to try to work out a modification since Our loan interest is 13.49% and
    the payment is $4600.00 per month. We took this loan out in April of 2007,
    and payed this loan for a full 11months on time. We tryed to make it to the
    12th month to refinance the loan to a lower rate and mortgage payment. We call ESB and tryed to work out a modification. They told me they can do a Forbearance for $ 5700.00 per month. We defaulted in July 2008. We tryed
    everything PHFA, HEMAP, USMAC, HERO LOAN, HOPE for HOMEOWNERS, and many more with no help.

We do not want to lose our home. We just want to modify it and start
    again. My complaint is ESB is not trying to help us the consumer. This is
    home and have no were elese to go. We had different agencies call and they
    will not work with us. A loan officer told me to contact you to see
    if you could assist us having the bank to help us modify this loan. I hope you can help us.
    Eastern Savings Bank

• Do
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH EASTERN BANK FOR YEARS NOW. THIS BANK SHOULD BE CLOSED AND BULLDOZED TO THE GROUND, NO WAIT IT SHOULD BE BULLDOZED WITH THE MANAGEMENT INSIDE. THEY ARE VILE FILTH THAT THE EARTH WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT .

• Bl
      30th of Jun, 2009

I too am dealing with (attempting, but they won't deal) Eastern Savings Bank. When it comes to restructuring the loan, and adding the delinquent payments to end of loan...they say, "We are not that kind of bank", "With all the bail-outs and through course of business, we at Eastern Savings, get no money from the federal government." This quote came straight from Linda Cashman's mouth. She holds title of Vice President. Whether it is VP of the entire bank or just the mortgage dept. I do not know yet.

I have a novel idea, for getting ESB (Eastern Savings Bank) attention. If somehow, all of us that have a mortgage with ESB were to band together and boycott...JUST STOP PAYING ANY KIND OF MONEY TO ESB! DON'T SPEND IT..SAVE IT UNTIL THE MATTER IS SETTLED.

Think about it. It may do nothing at all, and throw us all out on the streets, but if enough people, just stop paying, I'm sure it will get somebody's attention. The trick will be to get all of us that are in default, onto the same page...and don't budge until ESB AGREES, to restructure FOR ALL OF US...NOT JUST A COUPLE OF US. This may sound crazy, but what else have we got to lose? My house is on it's way to foreclosure. I am ready to walk. Feel free to add to the idea...putting our heads together, we may find a solution.

• Ro
      18th of Aug, 2009

Eastern Bank stole my son's childhood savings.
    I cannot believe that a bank can start charging an account $3.00 a month for not having a minimum balance. Then continue to charge it until the account is $0.00 balance. I opened this savings account for my son when he was little. We had forgotten about it until the bank sent us a letter saying they were going to turn the account over to the State Tresurer as abandoned property. This letter was sent on August 7th 2009. My son went to the bank to try to close the account but the teller would not let him stating that it was an underage account and only a parent could close it. When I went to the bank to find out about this they said that because when my son became an adult he did not meet the minimum $ amount requirement for the savings account and that is when the fees started. The whopping 62.00 account was closed on June 30, 2009. Then why did you send us the letter 2 months later? The banking supervisor suggested that maybe it was a mistake. How can a bank take the savings of a child and be OK with it. I will never use this bank again and I am going to tell everyone I can that they are nothing but a rip off.
    Very disappointed in local home town bank

• Mo
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Eastern Savings Bank now thankfully has a Cease and desist order placed against hit...by the grace of god hopefully if people stick together and fight this bank...maybe we can help shut them down! contact the FTC and file a complaint against them today! and don't forget to also file complaints with your local State Attorney Generals ! Take Eastern Savings Bank Down!

• Sk
      7th of Oct, 2010

This bank did the same to me my rate was 13.99 When I became disabled and had to retire I contacted them to modify and was told we do no modifications at all.
    They have now foreclosed on my home and added more then 67, 000 in fee to what I owe. I aslso had a prepayment penaltyl so I could not refi the loan either. They are heartless and need to be closed