East West Bank Customer Service Call Center / The Customer Rep. hand up on me!!!

1 Oakland, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-895-5650

I recently opened a bank account with East West Bank in Oakland California about two weeks ago.

Then I enrolled their online banking through their bank website. After I filled out all the information, the system has message indicated that it will take two business days. It made me think twice, how is the world in the 2009 that a bank still does not have automatically instant online banking account open system. (Wells Fargo, HSBC, even the banks in China all had it a few years back.)

Well, I waited for two business days, there is no email communication how’s online banking system is opened and work. I turned to their website find the [protected], and call the customer service center, the customer rep., a lady answer my call, asked how can she help me, so I said that I opened a account, and enrolled their online banking. I was expecting the communication for the matter from the bank on the third business day. The lady replay the waiting days now is 4 business days!!! I was not happy with the answer and replied back said the system said is it 2 business days, how can your system not changed the message if it is 4 business days! Then I heard a very noisy, high volume beeps from the other side that was hurting my ear, then she put the phone on the desk, not answer my questions, and 10 seconds later, she hanged up the phone on me!!! What kind of customer service is that!! I have never had such customer service in my whole life when deal with any service business, not even in China now days!!!

I was tried to find the other phone # that I can contact their management, but there is none.

Go

Comments

• El
      12th of Feb, 2010

Hi, I simply bought a house from queencarish homes and supposed to open a checking account on this bank, . Luckily one of your representatives Nilo Magalan Asist me With full rudeness and Attitude, I understand that i dont have enough identification and i am willing to complete that if only he treated me like a customer but he didnt.I left the room and simply called my sister then i realized that i left the referal on his desk so i went back and i saw him went out so i waited on his desk when he got back i asked "i think i left my refferal on your desk a while ago", he Replied "You threw it out on the Pot!!!"with full attitude and rudeness, so i left and found my referal on the Pot and realized he actually throw my refferal on the pot, it actually gives me an impression that he is not happy with his job to treat an investor like that, I just want you guys that i'll raise this to the higher Dept. but i wasnt able to fin any email contact of the management where i can raise this..