Easirent / rental car issue

Glasgow, Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom

My name is Teresa Collings and I recently went through rental cars to book a car in Glasgow to visit our elderly father, my rental car booking reference was [protected]. I then chose a car with a company called Easirent and my Rental Agreement Number with them was 967319. We were picked up from the airport and taken to the rental compound which was horrendous it was really muddy and the whole area was full of pot holes with loose bricks in places, we went through the paper work and was then led outside to our car a Ford Fiesta, we were asked to look around the car so we started to do so and was pointing out scratches and dents to Barry the Easicar rep who was not friendly and quite rude to us but he just said I haven't checked it myself yet (why ask us to check it first then), anyway he went round it and then so did we and we found loads of things wrong that Barry never marked off he didn't even check the alloy wheels luckily I did and 3 were really badly damaged and the 4th had black tar over it which he said he wasn't bothered about. There was even 3 chips in the windscreen and the car was filthy. They tried to persuade us to take out the extra insurance and if we did when we took the car back they wouldn't even check it over but I had an annual insurance car hire policy so declined. We decided to take the hire car back a day earlier as the weather wasn't looking good and we had an early flight the following day, when we got to Easirent they got the paperwork for the car and said they'd just check the car and we didn't need to go with him but we're not that stupid so my partner followed him out he took just seconds and went straight to the front tyre and said there was a bulge in it probably done by a pothole, he didn't even look at the rest of the car he came in and said that he would have to charge me £195 for a replacement tyre and if we paid it there and then he could release the deposit held on the credit card immediately, so we paid it but under duress I tried to argue it wouldn't cost £195, he said the car was not road worthy and would have to be taken off the road, we pointed out the car was back a day early so they'd have plenty of time to fix it before the next rental but they were not interested. We felt bullied into paying the £195 or we wouldn't get our deposit back.
There premises are full of potholes and On leaving the yard the kerb has not even been dropped, I believe the tyre was already damaged especially as that is what he went straight to when checking the car.

To