E-Tour & Travel Florida / Rip off

1 FL, United States Review updated:

They call and harass people into purchasing their cheap travel package. They'll say anything to suck you in, even outright lies.
Two people won't say the same thing, first they told us we had to stay at their Daytona property, which was included in the package, then they changed it and said if we wanted to go there we'd have to pay an additional $150 per night because of the date. In the end we opted out and agreed to pay an additional $150 (net) to stay the whole week at the Kissimmee property.

They tell you the week before you leave that you can't travel unless your spouse is also travelling (great for people who are seperated and travelling with friends), something they never made an attampt to mention, but claimed was in the small print. As a result, they had to transfer the package to another member of the party, yet everyone still had to attend the presentation. They also asked personal questions about income and wanted to do a credit check.

They told us outright there'd be extra taxes to pay when we arrived, which there were. No dishonesty there.

The point is to sell timeshares, which they promise is "just a 90-minute presentation and walkthrough". We were there for over three hours and there was no walkthrough, just a high-pressure sales pitch we had to turn down at least a dozen times before they let us leave.

They said "buy one get one free" Universal Studios tickets were included in the package.

They claimed the cost of one ticket was $130. When we got there they claimed it was now $140. We grudgingly paid it, with complaints, went to Universal to claim the tickets, discovered they were for only ONE of the two theme parks and that the posted total value of each ticket was actually around $97. Still a deal for two, but completely misrepresented, we wanted the 2 park pass, which was closer to the price etour was selling them for. Universal offered to upgrade them for an additional $40 per ticket, so no money was saved in the end.

The property they put us on had no telephone service and internet service was cut off after the first night. We had to complain several times before they finally restored the internet three days later, but they never hooked up the phone. There was no front office clerk after 5pm, and we ran out of soap & toilet paper, which was never replenished (there was no housekeeping service). The front office clerks knew absolutely nothing about any services, shuttles, transportation, attractions, etc.

You get what you pay for, if you want a cheap vacation, book with them, but don't expect any sort of honesty in their dealings, don't expect them to know anything about the product they're selling, and expect surprises. If you want a good deal on attractions tickets, don't buy from them. If you do, make sure you specify EXACTLY what you want and make sure they don't try to scam you by lying about the prices and types of tickets.

Despite the setbacks, we enjoyed our vacation, but we'll never purchase anything from them ever again. There are plenty of great hotel deals in Orlando/Kissimmee that don't include timeshare presentations and ticket scams.

Comments

1st of Apr, 2009

Executive Tour and Travel

They promised us a $100.00 gas card to take the tour they offered. We were to get our $50.00 dollar deposit back that we put down. You try to call them and they don't call back or give you an excuse. This has been going on since the trip we took in Dec. of 2008. I hope we get our money back soon?

• Te
      16th of Aug, 2009

Well I've paid $299 to learn a hard lesson...'August 2008 I received the special 6 nights/7 days Disney vacation for up to 5 people...I had 18 months to take the vacation...Now I'm told I had to make the reservation within 12 months, even though I could wait 18 months to take the vacation...since the 12 months have passed, I can pay $99 more and than I could take up to 3 years to actually TAKE the vacation. This is with E Tours and Travel. Of course, when I stated 'Oh NO'!, the phone line went dead...I repeatedly tried to call them back, wouldn't you know the line stayed busy. I guess I had the wrong number...ha! ha! 1-866-897-2756 must be my mistake...Ha! Ha! Ha!

16th of Mar, 2011

I have received two phone calls from this company. I have found that your customer service, sales representatives are extremely disresprctful. I have consistently told the supervisor Crystal to remove my number from the calling list she at first ssaid that they did not have a calling list she was very hard to deal with I asked her to not refer to me as honey she said she can call me whatever she wanted. I suggest that you offer a Customer Service training. Another supervisor by the name of Brian asked me while on a conference call with my credit card company if my credit card representative was afraid to talk to him at that I would not give my creditcard representative talk and ended the call. I am extremely unhappy about this harrasent. Please do not call me I will never be in need of your services.

• Te
      2nd of Apr, 2011

Well, at first lady named Elizabeth pleasantly explained to me about vacation package for $99 to Florida/Daytona Beach...usually I'd say we can't afford it right now, or I have to speak with my husband for things like this and they would give up. But this time she transferred me to her supervisor, name Mike, who are better sales person than her.
    He was stressing how nice it would be to take my children to Florida and I heard people cheering in the background, and he say they are celebrating to be able to sell so many packages today because it's only good while we're still on the phone. Not later after I speak with my hubby to call them back.
    He kept stressing they had to have my credit card information right now to secure the spot. I said I know better not to give you the card number over the phone. I knew my husband would be furious.
    My husband wasn't coming home for another 2 hours. I had no way of calling him at work to ask him. Mike said he was calling my house using the information my husband filled out to be contacted. I thought maybe, he did research and found this site to purchase vacation. It was almost 4 p.m., and my kids arrived home from school. It was very noisy and I started to get interrupted. So when Mike told me he didn't want me to lose this opportunity to book this great deal ( he threw in extra trip to Ocean City, MD for 3 days for free!), he would just take my credit card information to secure the spot for me until my husband get home, and then I can discuss with him and cancel if I want to.
    As I was talking with him, I googled their company. I said I see your company is listed scam and so forth, and he said "Well, Walmart gets complaints but people still shop there." He kept insisting that I should take advantage of this one time offer. I can cancel anytime before 15 days pass.
    So I gave him my Visa debit credit card number. As soon as I told him, he said you will receive the confirmation e-mail with details of the trips with the charge. I said "Charge? I got charged? I thought you said you are not going to charge me until I call you back". Mike told me " Well, this is how it's done, your account has to be charged to get your spot".
    Then I knew I was duped. Mike transferred me to Elizabeth again, and I told her I want to cancel what I just did right now. She got me back on the phone with Mike again. He was like, " Why would you wanna cancel a great package like this? blah, blah, blah". It was getting around the time my bank closes. So I decided to take their names and number and hung up. And I called my bank immediately. I was so scared they would clean up my bank account since the card I used was debit Visa. I had to think straight and called my husband. He was furious and he told me to go to the bank and get all the money out of the account for now. Lady from my bank cancelled my debit card over the phone for me. I showed up to my bank and checked my account activity.
    $99 transaction from E-Travel was pending. The bank told me to call the company back and demand the money refunded. Legally, they have to give me my money back within 3 days of purchase. If they refuse, I needed to tell them we are filing fraud report. My husband got on the phone with E-travel and explained the situation and demanded our money back. He said that girl on the phone said she listened to my recorded conversation and sounded like I agreed to the package deal and authorized to pay with my card. I guess they said we'll get the refund. But we'll keep checking our account for tomorrow (Sat.) and towards Monday.
    So beware. They will rush you to make the decision and won't stop selling til you give them your credit card number.
    I will post for further development with them.

• Ke
      23rd of Aug, 2011

Just called to cancel the package I bought for $99.00. Glad I called because the guy I talked to said tomorrow is the last day that I can cancel it. It was very difficult to get through the call first, and then the guy asked me why I wanted to cancel. I told him that my husband does not like the idea of the obligatory tour we have to do. He offered an extra night and extension of my tour to 3 years but I said no, I just wanted to cancel it. He asked me to hold on and I had to wait an extra 5 minutes before I was able to talk to another woman. The woman asked me the same question again and tried to pursuade me not to cancel. Finally I barked at her and said I just wanted to cancel. Very unpleasant experience.

• C4
      23rd of Aug, 2011

They called me earlier today and the guy tried to sell me this package to Florida for $99 for 5 people, I tried so many times to say no but he kept insisting, I told him I don't buy anything unless I check the companies reviews before because I've been scammed before but he kept insisting & said first that this company was 25 years old then later he said 15; also when I asked the name of the company he said "etour travel florida" later he said "etravel florida" little things just made me cautious, he told me to go to the internet to check his company but I was driving and he wanted me to use my smart phone to check their webpage while I was talking to him and DRIVING, I said so many times "no thank you" he insisted that this offer was only valid with his phone, he cannot call me back nor I can call to get the same promotion. I said "no thank you" he hung up without a word. People be cautious!

7th of May, 2012

These people just called me today to offer me a 4 day vacation package to Orlando with the $149 promo code. 1st guy I talked to was real nice, but tried to be slick when trying to get my debit and credit card numbers. The 2nd guy must of watched Boiler Room 1 to many times with his aggressive selling tactics. Told them, i didn't have a job and no money to be spending on a vacation but he didn't care nor believe me. He literally wanted to check my bank account to see if i didn't have the money and then told me i could have 6 banks accounts and i could be giving him the bank account with little or no money in it. Come on now get a life toolbag, i would never give u my information without even going online 1st and checking this company out. In the end i told the guy to stop acting like u have a personal relationship with me and hang up. And thank god I did looks like u get what u pay for with these slime balls!!!