E-mail Discounts monthly fee / monthly e-mail service

1 701 N Green Valley Pkwy suite 200Henderson, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-410-5781 (beware change)

monthly charge for "e-mail discounts" appeared on page 5 of Embarq local phone bill. Company had my name, home phone number, house address (all are easily available). They claimed I signed up on an online web site "www.uspridedraw.com" but had the e-mail address accessing the site as my old e-mail with Cox Cable cancelled 2 years ago. They claim I signed on from the old e-mail address 3 weeks ago on January 17, 2009. This is a SCAM.
ESDI lists their contact # [protected] but msg states "new # [protected] for contact. This a "pay-by-the-minute" toll number (not tollfree) - another SCAM

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I just received a phone call from 800-410-5781 congratulating me for signing up for "email discounts." Since I did not sign up I googled and found a previous post stating this is a scam. I contacted the number and told them I had not signed up for the service and they wanted my phone number when I refused they hung up.

My yahoo account was hacked a couple of days ago and I do not know if this is related but I also received two emails congratulating me and requesting I activate.

My suggestion to everyone is to contact your local phone company provider and request they block all third party billings. Why we should have to ask for this is beyond me. I was slammed twice last year so the block was in place. When I called to verify the phone company was familiar with this scam.