E Local Listings / Internet scam.

1 TX, United States Review updated:

We decided to target the internet, wanting to get an A B C slot on google maps for local businesses. We of course did our research. We were on of the first to fall for E LOCAL LISTINGS! We canceled the account with in the first 30 days because lack of interaction. Lack of action, lack of results and lack of faith at this point. Of course to this date. Over 5 months now. The only thing we got back from elocallistings was a phone call from India we are assuming, because we could not understand the rep.

We've yet to be refunded our 149.00 as promised and hold no respect for this online website. We warn other businesses not to use this www.elocallistings.com.

Surprise, we researched this today and found many complaints about this website and or online company.

Va

Comments

• Ih
      7th of Apr, 2008

I agree, i got a phone call from them saying I'm getting billed for the next month, even though i called them within the 30 days to cancel, the rep told me that i didn't call more then once to cancel, I'm like WTF!! I told y'all to cancel me before the 30 days where up. Then she said All sales are final, what a rip-off all they want is your money. I got more calls through craigslist, and myspace (WHICH ARE FREE) Still to this day $149.00 was charged to me for WHAT?? The people are rude, DON'T USE E LOCAL!!

15th of Apr, 2008

We were promised to be under several "keywords" under several different search engines. We only have one key word that works on one search engine. We have tried several times to have them changed and added to. We have contacted them both by email and by phone several times with no results. My husband happens to be on old with them right now and has been for 25 minutes to cancel service. They must know that we want to cancel. STAY AWAY FROM ELOCAL LISTINGS.

• Ca
      16th of Apr, 2008

Don't let e local listing get away with this service. Threaten to take them to small claims court. You can get their address off their website and the President/CEO is Tim Judd.

• Pa
      21st of Aug, 2008

I also hire the services of e local listing...FOUNDING OUT 10 DAYS AFTER I SIGN UP FOR IT THAT THE SERVICE THEY CHARGE YOU FOR (local listing) is provided by google and yahoo FREEEEEEE! YES FREEE AND THEY CHARGE YOU FOR IT!!

• Ro
      27th of Aug, 2008

I agree totally with all iof your comments and complaints, I belive this company is a SCAM, they debited 147.00 out of my account for the first month instaed of the expected 49.00. I wish I had have googled "elocal listing" before letting my husband sign up for this for his company!!

• Ca
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I have canceled my elocal listing, but have tried to recover the $79 set up fee, which they have so far refused to credit. I have spokend to my cc company and will contact the BBB in CA and the attorney generals office. I could not find my listing for days and when I did, it was lousy and made my rental house appear to be part of a realestate and spa complex which it is not.

• Mi
      11th of Sep, 2008

This scam company has changed their name many times. They also go by Placement Power.com and placement today.com They also a 100% scam company.

15th of Sep, 2008

eLocal is multiheaded hydra elocallisting.com = searchinitiatives.com, elocalhosting.com, zonecominc.com, buzzspot.com, elocalbizprofiles.com and coming soon locally.com.

Just look at this.
    /URL removed/

• Bi
      11th of Nov, 2008

i was just contacted by e local listing, and just seen these bad raps about them. i told agent about this & told him i wasn't interested. he swore to me that they spent millions to fix these problems. i told him i need more time to check thios out. does anyone have any recent information ???

• Sc
      1st of Dec, 2008

I have a rep bugging the hell out of me. I use service Magic and it was a good way to go for awhile but has fallen short of my expectations recently. I was contemplating E-local listings but now I read all this and will probally not go with it. The question remians where do I go??

20th of Feb, 2009

I would stay away from this company. They tell you one thing and do another. Tried to get my money back back from them with no results. Their sales methods are very misleading.

• De
      17th of Mar, 2009

They called my husband and tried their darnedest to get him to sign on. He said he'd have to talk it over with me, his wife, as we both own the company and always consult with each other before doing anything. While the guy was very persistent, my husband told him to email us the info and we'd talk it over.

So the guy calls the next day and my husband told him that we had agreed not to sign up with them at this time...still took awhile to get him off the phone!
    The day after that, my husband gets a call while at a customers house, and it is a supervisor for elocal. My husband explained he was busy with a customer and this was not a good time to talk and plus he had already given his answer...NO! So the guy starts in with questions like, "so who's company is it anyway?" and " come on, the wife isn't around, so you can just go ahead and do it!".
    I'm sorry but trying to "backdoor" me or "emasculating" my husband are not going to score point's with us! In fact, it just reinforces their shady work practices! There is no way in this world I would EVER be associated with this company!

23rd of Mar, 2009

Thanks everybody, I'm glad I checked this website before going through with this. In our economy today we need every penny we can get instead of spending it on no where leads.

15th of Apr, 2009

for more information on these suckas check out http://elocallisting.wordpress.com

15th of May, 2009

I strongly disagree with most of the statements on this board. I singed up with E local about 5 months ago an i love the service. My listing was up with in days on both Google and Yahoo . I didnt get ten "key words" like they said but I am up under the most important ones all in the number one or two spots. I have gotten calls from the listing and work from it as well.

• On
      25th of May, 2009

Wow - this company's reputation is unbelievable. Every time I think I've read the last complaint about them, I find more. Check this out - http://www.yelp.com/biz/e-local-listings-temecula or http://www.startupnation.com/forums/8233/0 or http://blog.kbsweb.com/elocal-listings-dont-hire-these-guys/

• Ww
      27th of Jul, 2009

they told me $100 a month to advertise to 40 zipcodes in my area and when i had a job lead e mailed to my company they would text them to me because im not by my computer all day cause i am a plumber. 3 weeks went by no calls then 1 week i had 5 service calls get emailed to me and elocal did not text a 1 of them to me i didnt see the service request untill i got home at night then its too late and customers call someone else allready! i lost $1300 in calls that week because elocal forgot to have emails text to me like promised. They said the lady who set my account up must of been lazy that day and forgot to set my text service up? I am a very small business owner who runs a plumbing service who hasnt been in business long the money loss hit me hard and they wouldnt even give me the next month free to make up for it? I said " I couldve paid the whole next 3 months in advertising if you wouldnt of screwed me like that ". Whether its $20 or $100 a month any investment for me has to count I have to make money from it or else im wasting company money and running it into the ground. I WASTED COMPANY MONEY ON ELOCALPLUMBERS.COM AND COULDNT COVER EXPENSES, NOW IM GOING OUT OF BUSINESS ON MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, ELOCALS FALSE PROMISES, AND THEY DIDNT CARE!! GUESS ILL HAVE TO DRESS LIKE A TOWEL HEAD SO I CAN APPLY FOR A INTEREST FREE BUSINESS LOAN AND GET IT TO OPEN A QWIK MART!! WHOS REALLY LIVING OUR DREAM? THE AMERICAN DREAM? PLEASE REPLY AT PRIORITYPLUMBING09@LIVE.COM OR VISIT WWW.PRIORITYPLUMBINGSERVICES.COM. Thank you for reading, God bless.

• Th
      30th of Jul, 2009

First of all, elocalplumbers.com has nothing to do with elocallisting.com. Secondly, it seems kind of silly that Priority Plumbing is blaming a website that he spent $100 on for causing him to go out of business. Maybe you should stop pointing fingers and stop making racist remarks and take some responsibility for your situation. No one caused you to go out of business but yourself.

• Th
      30th of Jul, 2009

And as far as all of the sensible complaints about elocallisting.com, they are all justified from what I know about this company. But I've never heard a bad thing about elocalplumbers.com until Priorty Plumbing stupidly blamed them for his inability to run a plumbing business.

11th of Aug, 2009

You should check out www.elocalscams.com seems to be the new site against elocallisting.com