e furnituredeals.com / a scam

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I placed an on-line order with E FURNITUREDEALS.COM on January 8, 2009. The next day I changed my mind and phoned to cancel my order. Instead of them voiding the Visa transaction, I was told they would send me a refund check. It is now March 11th and after several e-mails and phone calls to the company, I still do not have my money refunded. They give the excuse, “ It shows accounting should have sent out a check as of 1/23 and they will call me back”. I never hear from them again. After doing some investigation, I found I was most likely the victim of fraud. Thanks to the complaints posted on the internet, I know the likelihood that I will ever see my refund check is nil. Thank goodness my Visa has excellent service in catching fraudulent charges that were placed on the credit card just after placing that order. It sounds like this is just another part of this on-line scam. Visa will help me recover my losses, but I want anyone considering doing business with e funituredeals.com - DON’T. I was one more victim, and I don’t want you to be the next!

Comments

• Gl
      1st of Apr, 2009

I too ordered furniture from eFurniture Deals and I placed my order in November 2008. They immediatly charged my credit card. They told me it would be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks. I was then told the end of January and then told March 9th and finally March 30th. I call today April 1 st and find out the they are no longer in business. I will get in touch with my credit card company (MC) with hopes that I can get my $550.00 back.