Dynowatt / Ripped off

1 North Richland Hills, TX, United States Review updated:

If anybody knows of a lawsuit going on against Dynowatt, please contact me as I want to be part of it... The PUC of Texas is not going to do anything about this. They were supposedly investigating this matter but I got a letter from them today basically telling me what Dynowatt had to say about it, which I already knew their excuse, and then they had the nerve to tell me if they could help me with anything else in the future, to let them know. What a joke! They didn't help me with anything this time! I did tell them that my advise to people from here on out is to file a lawsuit against Dynowatt, to NOT pay your bill, as it would be cheaper paying a deposit and switching than paying your bill and to get them out of the PUC office and get some people in there that will look after the consumers interest instead of the ripoff companies interest... I have excellent credit and I doubt very seriously by not paying Dynowatt is really going to hurt to me any... don't think they take unpaid utility bills much seriously... besides, you can always say its in dispute... as far as I am concern, it will always be in dispute as I am not giving in to scams... If everybody leaves Dynowatt and does not pay their bill, maybe the low life's will go under!!

Comments

• Dy
      14th of Aug, 2008

This site tells you exactly why prices are going up. It is not dynowatts or any other service providers fault for the texas market doing what its doing. You people who think you can just do whatever with your bills are wrong. It is up to the consumer to read the terms of service. If you look under the modification of agreement paragraph it says bluntly right there and i quote "This is a variable price agreement; a change in price from month to month as indicated herein does not require prior notice." So all you dumb people who think there gonna sue over there VARIABLE rate changing are idiots. Those on a fixed rate let me explain something. The reason it takes 15-45 days: Up to 15 days is for the processing from dynowatt. After that initial 15 day period the UTILITY company (Centerpoint, Oncor TXU, AEP, TNMP) will wait till your billing cycle is done before they permit the rate change. Dynowatt is not your utility provider. They are a service provider who provides electric. Your utility company takes care of your poles meter reads wires etc. Everyone who thinks they were on a fixed rate is wrong. Dynowatt offered a price to beat program. The program BEFORE it started already had an initial start date and end date. The start date was jan. of '01 and ended dec. 31st of '06. After that date every dynowatt customer was put on a variable rate. Dynowatt did not offer fixed rates till april of '08. It was put all over the website. The my dynowatt page where you do your online acct management it was e-mailed and mailed. If you did not get that thats nobodys problem but yours. If you didnt read your contract when you agreed to it its nobodys problem but yours. And to the guy who wrote askin if there was a way to get out of the contract by cheating just shows what kind of caliber people you really are. Read something before you sign and agree to it. What if in the contract it said dynowatt was allowed to take 100$ a month from your bank acct. You people would just sign away without even reading anything and then complain when your charged. I dont mean to be rude but everyone one of you are wrong and no lawsuit would ever hold up for the simple fact that everything your complaing about is right in your contract that you signed.

• To
      2nd of Aug, 2009

There are better companies out their...better than Dynowatt / Accent...Dynowatt baits you in with a supposedly lower rate per KWH, but then finds ways to tag on fees, charges, and taxes...at rates much higher than other providers. They have a big problem with communication within the company...billings...payments...customer service-is none. I sent them a check for some contested late fees, only to find that they ignored the disputed charges...cashed the check...then 15-days later ordered a disconnect.
    I changed to Reliant Energy immediately...much better rate...better customer service...no hidden fees.