Dynowatt / Contact the BBB

1 6065 Memorial DrDublin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-396-6928

I originally filed this under Dynowatt/Accent Energy and it didn't get put under Dynowatt so I am refiling it just under Dynowatt so hopefully it doesn't get missed.
File a complaint with the BBB in Ohio. I just did and there are numerous complaints against Accent Energy for these sudden rate hikes in Texas. Its shows that some of these billing issues have been resolved so maybe the BBB is doing something about it where as it does not appear that the PUC of Texas or the Attorney General's Office is doing anything. It also seems that the BBB is awaiting some news from the goverment over this issue. So file your complaint NOW!

Comments

• Dy
      14th of Aug, 2008

This site tells you exactly why prices are going up. It is not dynowatts or any other service providers fault for the texas market doing what its doing. You people who think you can just do whatever with your bills are wrong. It is up to the consumer to read the terms of service. If you look under the modification of agreement paragraph it says bluntly right there and i quote "This is a variable price agreement; a change in price from month to month as indicated herein does not require prior notice." So all you dumb people who think there gonna sue over there VARIABLE rate changing are idiots. Those on a fixed rate let me explain something. The reason it takes 15-45 days: Up to 15 days is for the processing from dynowatt. After that initial 15 day period the UTILITY company (Centerpoint, Oncor TXU, AEP, TNMP) will wait till your billing cycle is done before they permit the rate change. Dynowatt is not your utility provider. They are a service provider who provides electric. Your utility company takes care of your poles meter reads wires etc. Everyone who thinks they were on a fixed rate is wrong. Dynowatt offered a price to beat program. The program BEFORE it started already had an initial start date and end date. The start date was jan. of '01 and ended dec. 31st of '06. After that date every dynowatt customer was put on a variable rate. Dynowatt did not offer fixed rates till april of '08. It was put all over the website. The my dynowatt page where you do your online acct management it was e-mailed and mailed. If you did not get that thats nobodys problem but yours. If you didnt read your contract when you agreed to it its nobodys problem but yours. And to the guy who wrote askin if there was a way to get out of the contract by cheating just shows what kind of caliber people you really are. Read something before you sign and agree to it. What if in the contract it said dynowatt was allowed to take 100$ a month from your bank acct. You people would just sign away without even reading anything and then complain when your charged. I dont mean to be rude but everyone one of you are wrong and no lawsuit would ever hold up for the simple fact that everything your complaing about is right in your contract that you signed.

• We
      31st of Oct, 2008

I am lives in Sugar land, TX, I had experience that I had been pilled with the highest rate 0.24281 per kwh this summer, ever in my life and without notes.

then as I called dynowatt and the agent there informed me if I sign up their fixed rate online, the manager will consider reduce my previous bill, but after I signed for the fixed rate online, and called manager who did not want cut any of my previous bill at all. I felt I was baited for the signing up online, and then I requested cancel all dynowatt service.

next month, I was charged for the cancllation fee for $154.95 and even never had use the fixed rate I signed

I can not believe this happened in USA, and the company just rob their costmer as they wants.