Dynowatt / Fraud & scam

1 6065 Memorial DrDublin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-396-6928

After being ripped off by Dynowatt last month, from .13 to .202, they went up on me again this month to .244 and my bill now is $831. I thought the $500 bill last month was bad. I have 1680 sq ft home. I switched to Reliant Energy last month but my God, it takes 6 weeks to get completely switched over. Thing about it is, I told Dynowatt last month that I was switching so I have no doubt that they wanted to make some fast money and hit me again before I was gone. This is literally highway robbery and if the PUC is not going to do anything about it, then we need to get mad enough to do something ourselves. If we don't then what's next... $800 water bills, or garbage bills... I cannot believe that there is not some attorney that can do something for these consumers. These greedy companies are going to keep pushing and they are going to drive enough people over the edge and then they are really going to see problems... people are desperate out there, trying to afford high groceries and gas back and forth to work and now wondering how on earth are they going to pay an outrageous electric bill which is higher than most people's house payment! This has got to stop and we the people are going to have to make it stop if the PUC does not do something! After all what can they do if we all don't pay our electric bills... if we all go down, so do they!!

Va

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I agree with you completely about all this. It is really sad to see this happen. I have been studying up on this and it is a mess in my opinion.
    Deruglation of electricy should have never happened.
    Some companies don't have enough capital to cover the losses if they don't buy electric from the power plants at the right time. They word the contracts to suit them instead of protecting the consumers. The Utility commission is doing nothing for the consumers. The power companies have the lobbist pay money to the Texas officals so they don't care about us. Other states have went back to regulating the electricity since it didn't work . Some areas of Texas are still regulated such as Austin, and east Texas. I think they only way we could change things is to start our own co op.

• Bo
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I agree, I cannot believe that attorneys are not jumping to file a class action suit.

I have to wait 3 weeks for my switch, and I'm afraid of what Dynowatt will charge me this time, mine was $990.00, what will my last bill be with them, $2000.00? Who knows.

Dynowatt must be trying to do some damage control on the complaints, perhaps expecting a lawsuit, as they sent me another canned email about high prices and switching with a little bit of changes in the wording from the 1st one.

We were never notified that they lost their last partner and now is Accent energy. Or that they would not honor their agreement with us. I think that filing a suit against them may help in changing the laws on how companies can treat their customers. Perhaps warning that pricing will double before they do it.

I hope some Law Firm will read all these complaints and step up to help.

• St
      4th of Jul, 2008

My bill also almost doubled within one month. I can understand an increase with all the energy prices going up but going from 15¢ to 25.5¢ is a fraud. Especially since they advertise a 17.5¢ on the web. Before an increase is past along, a warning to the customer is only appropriate. I would be a very willing participant in a class action law suite. This is definitly a great candidate for such a action!

• Qu
      12th of Jul, 2008

I am having the same problem with Dynowatt. Their attittude is bend over with no vaseline. My bill last month was $585 dollars. The bill I jut got today is $646 dollars. I'm a single mom so this hurts a lot. I have two more weeks until my switch to another provider takes effect. It really angers me. I was a customer for a year with my variable rates always low at around .12 or .13 and low bills, never late, always paid on time. Dynowatt refused to give the really low fixed rate they offer new customers when I called to complain (they were really rude too). They are not honoring their promise to always beat Reliant's rates which is what they promised me when I switched. So I'm leaving and I will never go back to those crooks. I hope they go out of business from so many pissed off customers leaving. Count me in on a class action lawsuit!

• Ci
      17th of Jul, 2008

count me in on the law suit my daught4r has hodgkins lemphoma stage 3 cancer and without notice my bill went from 275 to a whopping 860 we have to pay part of her cancer scans and meds i c alled crying and all they offered me was at 2 year lease they said if i didnt it could go up next month i changed to direcect energy and i called my congressman puc bbb attorny general they took all my grocery money and bcuz they know im leaving they r fixing to kill me next month but my daughters life is more important screw them they get enough its gonna take 3 weeks or more for change to go into effect they had no sympathy at all

• Ef
      17th of Jul, 2008

When you're on a variable rate this is what can happen. You are subject to changes in market prices.

• Ga
      1st of Aug, 2008

I have had bills around 90 dollars since I moved into this house. and last month my bill tripled, It went up to 25 cents per Kilowatt per hour. and this month its around 200 dollars, I have no idea. My house is only 1164 square feet, what is a person to do. I think there should be a class action lawsuit.

• Dy
      14th of Aug, 2008

This site tells you exactly why prices are going up. It is not dynowatts or any other service providers fault for the texas market doing what its doing. You people who think you can just do whatever with your bills are wrong. It is up to the consumer to read the terms of service. If you look under the modification of agreement paragraph it says bluntly right there and i quote "This is a variable price agreement; a change in price from month to month as indicated herein does not require prior notice." So all you dumb people who think there gonna sue over there VARIABLE rate changing are idiots. Those on a fixed rate let me explain something. The reason it takes 15-45 days: Up to 15 days is for the processing from dynowatt. After that initial 15 day period the UTILITY company (Centerpoint, Oncor TXU, AEP, TNMP) will wait till your billing cycle is done before they permit the rate change. Dynowatt is not your utility provider. They are a service provider who provides electric. Your utility company takes care of your poles meter reads wires etc. Everyone who thinks they were on a fixed rate is wrong. Dynowatt offered a price to beat program. The program BEFORE it started already had an initial start date and end date. The start date was jan. of '01 and ended dec. 31st of '06. After that date every dynowatt customer was put on a variable rate. Dynowatt did not offer fixed rates till april of '08. It was put all over the website. The my dynowatt page where you do your online acct management it was e-mailed and mailed. If you did not get that thats nobodys problem but yours. If you didnt read your contract when you agreed to it its nobodys problem but yours. And to the guy who wrote askin if there was a way to get out of the contract by cheating just shows what kind of caliber people you really are. Read something before you sign and agree to it. What if in the contract it said dynowatt was allowed to take 100$ a month from your bank acct. You people would just sign away without even reading anything and then complain when your charged. I dont mean to be rude but everyone one of you are wrong and no lawsuit would ever hold up for the simple fact that everything your complaing about is right in your contract that you signed.

• Mi
      16th of Aug, 2008

Wow the same response that you put on every other DynoWatt complaint. Playing a little damage control are you. I understand that you need some job security these days, but maybe you should look at going back to school or working for a different energy company.

• M7
      30th of Apr, 2009

I am a Dynowatt customer, my rate went up and not quite doubled on one of my bills- then i enrolled in the 2 year flat rate plan-for signing up Dynowatt sent me a $100.00 check. Since I have the flat rate and i was sent a $100, 00 everything has evened out.Even though I am paying 16 KWH. I still get lower bills from Dynowatt then other companies in the past, . They hardly ever charge late charges and their base price is still cheaper.
    Another thing I like about them is they give you lots of time to pay and do not turn off your electricity if you are late.When I was with Reliant Energy as soon as the day arrived that my bill was past due-I would hear the Reliant truck out in front of my yard ready to turn off my electricity, same goes for TXU.If I don’t have the money to pay one month I call or email Dynowatt tell them when I can pay the bill and they leave my electric on.

• El
      17th of Aug, 2011
    Dynowatt - doubled charges in one month
    4532 postbridge
    Plano
    Phone: 972-965-8321

The rate for electricity was increased twice without a notification.When you call them with the questions they offer to sign up for 24 month with the secured rate, wich we had before it was increased and they are not willing to make any adgustments to your current bill.

19th of Aug, 2011
    Dynowatt - skyrocketed rate
    Houston
    Texas

My rate skyrocketed from 11 cents to 19 cents for no reason. I have been a good customer and always paid bills on time for 2 years. I called them. Instead of reducing the rate (to at most 15 cents), they offered me a 1 year contract. I told them I'm switching and I hope they go out of business.
    Proof is in the submitted photo.
    Stay away from Dynowatt. Try TXU, Green Mountain, or Reliant.

19th of Aug, 2011

My rates went up 85% which is still outrageous

• Er
      6th of Sep, 2011
    Dynowatt - Double Rates
    Bellaire
    Texas

Dynowatt is a crooked company. It's next to impossible to get someone on the phone. They doubled my electricate rates in one month. Not even a slow increase, just flat out double. Of course its durning the month of August when its hot and everyone is using there A/C. Horrible customer service. I have terminated my service, and I strongly suggest everyone else do so. There are many better companies out there.

7th of Sep, 2011

Same problem here, my fixed rate plan just expired, only needed one month left, so i got the variable plan. My old rate plan was 9 cents per kw for a whole YEAR!!!, now the very last month i use them they TRIPLE my bill with a 26 cent kw rate!!! How do you go from 9 to 26??? BS

8th of Sep, 2011

Dynowatt even made it on Fox News. A customer complained that she went from 10 cents to 22 cents. Then, Fox called them for questioning but they refused to answer. (surprise surprise). My rate increased by 85% (.11 to .19) which is still outrageous. There should a law that prohibits companies from bumping their variable rate more than 25% per month. Seriously!
    There are about 40 electric providers in Houston, and I doubt any one of them skyrocket variable rate like Dynowatt.

• Da
      21st of Sep, 2011

I've been with Dynowatt since last July. Since then my bill has been at around 0.09922 per kWh. In July of 2011 I notice that my bill had all of a sudden went up. I checked and my kWh per hour had went up to 0.10742, shortly after I received my next bill, I forgot to call them about the previous one, and for the month of August my kWh rose to 0.11735. I called Dynowatt and the customer service rep was rude and told me that I had to auto draft to get on a plan, and yet, couldn't explain my rate increase except to say that it was on variable rate and they do not control that. I told them that they have my phone number and a courtesy call would have been nice. It is September 2011 and I can't get locked in a rate until my bill has been paid. My kWh is now at 0.24059 per kWh which is 3X>previous bill. My electric my get cut off because my bill keeps growing and I'm unemployed. ~ Single father of 3 just trying to keep electricity turned on which is essential to life and should be a free resource but is in essence a commodity. When will they charge for air?

• Ho
      22nd of Sep, 2011

Rate for bill 6/26/2011 - .10234 per Kwh
    Rate for bill 7/11/2011 - .11245 per Kwh
    Rate for bill 8/9/2011 - .13723 per Kwh
    Rate for bill 9/9/2011 - .26579 per Kwh!!!

I understand a little fluctuation (not 94%), but if they think I'm going to pay that, they are mistaken. Stopped autopay and switched to another provider, let's see how long it takes them to collect that. SCAM!!!