Dynowatt / Doubled rates in one month

In the last six months dynowatts rates have not gone up more than a penny per kwh... until last month when they shot our rate up from .164 to .248 (66%) When I finally got them on the phone, the csr would not talk about negotiating the rate. "You have been charged for the energy used" "were real sorry about the increase, but if you sign up for 24 months we will give you a discounted rate of .152 per kwh. Scam !!! unfair rate increase !! We’re hiring a lawyer to sue them for price gouging. This has got to be illegal!

Va

Comments

• Bo
      10th of Jul, 2008

We were billed .25kwh, outrageous! I was offered 24 months at 16.9 fixed. It seems some customers were billed different pricing. Also Dynowatt must be trying to do "damage control" with all their complaints to Govenors Office & PUC, by lowering their offer rates.

We were not notified that they Merged with Accent Energy. They said they mailed out the information to all their customers last year, but I have yet to find one customer that received the information. And they will not send a copy. Accent Energy is no where on their bill.

Did Customer Service at Dynowatt also inform you that if you accepted the fixed rate, it would not be applied for 3 weeks? I almost fell for the fixed rate until I pressured the Rep for more information.

There are thousands of Dynowatt/Accent Energy customers wanted to file a class action suit. With some Bills as high as $1200.00 or more. If you find an Attorney, will you post with a Heading that we can all find? Such as Dynowatt Class Action Suit..Join Now.

Also, I read that Austin is not De-Regulated, why is that?

Maybe we could get Media exposure.

• Ci
      16th of Jul, 2008

lets get dynowatt out of business they took my money from 257 a month to 860 my daughter has hodgkins lemphona stage 3 cancer and we have to pay for her scans they said they didn t care now we cut into all our grocery money we r freaking out they said sory without notice they tripled their rate

• Be
      18th of Jul, 2008

i want to join a class action against Dynowatt. How do I do it?

• Cs
      24th of Jul, 2008

It's not just Dynowatt. US Energy Savings (previously Just Energy) doubled our rate with no notice. Rec'd bill for $855. I'm thinking class action, too. They said the same thing to us ... sign agreement and they will reduce rate for back charges, etc ... bribery / price gouging. I have no idea which State Reps / Houston City Council members voted for deregulating electricity especially since Houston was deregulated AFTER California and it was all over the news that California elec. bills were sky rocketing. I believe the City of Austin provides electricity so they did not deregulate. Deregulation is just a form of capitalism. Elec. rates will continue to go up as long as people pay the rate and down here in Texas we can' go without AC so deregulating such a hot state was not too wise for our legislators to do but they did it and now we are paying for it. Capitalism at it's finest ... the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

• Mi
      1st of Aug, 2008

Did anyone else sign up for there 24 month fixed rate after the rates went up. I did. What a mistake. They specifically told me on the phone that if the rates for that plan go down I could call to get my rates lowered. Well they have now gone from 16.8 down to 14.6 cent per KWH. I called and tried to lower my rates. The manager now told me it has to be after 90 days and I can only do it once. No where in my contract does it specify this. He then went on to tell me that they didn't offer this when I signed up. So why did their customer representative LIE to me. Their customer service and honesty is very lacking. I want out of my contract. Anyone know any tricks on getting out without penalty? I would also be interested in a class action law suit.

• Sh
      2nd of Aug, 2008

My Dynowatt rate also went up 66% between May and June. And July is still up there. I'd certainly join if there is ever a class action. I realize all costs are up, but 66% is way over the limit.

• Fr
      3rd of Aug, 2008

Our bill went from 200 to 500 and I just lost my job and now worried about paying them and what is to come. WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK

• Bi
      5th of Aug, 2008

They are the Ripoff company. How can they steal people's money. People can not afford to pay their Utility and gone in debt for them. I bet their stock price went way up in past 2 months.

• Dy
      14th of Aug, 2008

This site tells you exactly why prices are going up. It is not dynowatts or any other service providers fault for the texas market doing what its doing. You people who think you can just do whatever with your bills are wrong. It is up to the consumer to read the terms of service. If you look under the modification of agreement paragraph it says bluntly right there and i quote "This is a variable price agreement; a change in price from month to month as indicated herein does not require prior notice." So all you dumb people who think there gonna sue over there VARIABLE rate changing are idiots. Those on a fixed rate let me explain something. The reason it takes 15-45 days: Up to 15 days is for the processing from dynowatt. After that initial 15 day period the UTILITY company (Centerpoint, Oncor TXU, AEP, TNMP) will wait till your billing cycle is done before they permit the rate change. Dynowatt is not your utility provider. They are a service provider who provides electric. Your utility company takes care of your poles meter reads wires etc. Everyone who thinks they were on a fixed rate is wrong. Dynowatt offered a price to beat program. The program BEFORE it started already had an initial start date and end date. The start date was jan. of '01 and ended dec. 31st of '06. After that date every dynowatt customer was put on a variable rate. Dynowatt did not offer fixed rates till april of '08. It was put all over the website. The my dynowatt page where you do your online acct management it was e-mailed and mailed. If you did not get that thats nobodys problem but yours. If you didnt read your contract when you agreed to it its nobodys problem but yours. And to the guy who wrote askin if there was a way to get out of the contract by cheating just shows what kind of caliber people you really are. Read something before you sign and agree to it. What if in the contract it said dynowatt was allowed to take 100$ a month from your bank acct. You people would just sign away without even reading anything and then complain when your charged. I dont mean to be rude but everyone one of you are wrong and no lawsuit would ever hold up for the simple fact that everything your complaing about is right in your contract that you signed.

• Mi
      16th of Aug, 2008

Wow the same response that you put on every other DynoWatt complaint. Playing a little damage control are you. I understand that you need some job security these days, but maybe you should look at going back to school or working for a different energy company.

• Wh
      4th of Sep, 2008

I was ripped off along with all fellow Texans. May bill $165. July bill $650. Why is our government allowing this to happen. Perry you need to go. $200. bill in Houston, $92. in Austin. Shame Shame, how are we ever going to make it though all of this.

• Ho
      27th of Jan, 2009

Dynowatt is now Accent Energy. They ripped off over new customer like us. Registered online and there is no function or choose for our own service date start. THEY DECIDED FOR CONSUMER... CONSUMER HAVE NO RIGHT TO CHOOSE... according to one of their customer service manager. They give us no update or communicate with consumer at all. After we applied online and it seems dead and one day we feel why it takes too long so we called and surprise "YOUR SERVICE WILL BE CONNECT BY TOMORROW " while our contract with previous vendor is not over yet(just a few days away). Requested move connection date to be move to further down the line but Dynowatt declined and said: there is early termination fee will be apply. Now I have to pay for early termination fee to other company that I have been used. Dynotwatt have no communication to the consumer and take consumer right to choose. Customer service was bad, careless and shout at customer and specially the manager and kept claiming that is Texas Utility Laws. Dynowatt or Accent Engergy is big ripped off company that is the first time I've faced with.

26th of Mar, 2009

i don't think i'll sign up with this crappy company thanks to all of you ! txu here i come

• Do
      18th of Feb, 2011

I recieved an email from Dynowatt about the electric rates going up due to the unusual cold this winter. That day I called the the Dynowatt hot line and had a "chat" with someone about the new rates. I was told that my rate was the $0.649! I just got my bill today...guess what my rate was...$0.12043! I just switched to another carrier.

• At
      14th of Sep, 2011

They signed me up for a FIXED rate and then billed me at variable for 3x as much and will not change it.