Dynowatt / Rip off

Below is part of the complaint I just mailed to PUC Texas. I'm switching to Reliant Energy, Call them, they have 10% off Summer with $75.00 credit, 14.22 & 15.8 locked in rate for 2 years. Takes 3 weeks to change so I will be eating P&J for 2 months. And no service fee. You have to call in for this.

Dynowatt is a total rip off. I urge you to write the Public Utilities Commission or File a Complaint online.

On [protected] I received an email from Lia Imondi, Dynowatt. Subject: Important information about your Electric Bill. In it stated that Electricity rates will be rising due to various impacts in email. In the Email it stated that we could go to a Fixed Rate Plan from Dynowatt & receive $100.00. 2 Years Win Win & that they are the ONLY ONLY ones that allow you to reset and reduce your rate should electricity prices decrease. The email indicated that this is a limited time offer & you can do this immediately.

I checked online our account, our cycled ended on the date 6/24/2008, the same date I received the email, there was no indication that this cycle was tremendously effected, but next one. After seeing no rate change, (bill was not viewable but last one) and no notice of any new rate, I waited for the bill to come in on the 28th to call with payment and to talk to a service rep on changing to immediate fixed rates.

Our Bill came in on the 28th, $990.02, .25139 per kw charged for the Past month. I tried to call Monday to Dynowatt, they were taking no calls due to high call volume. On Tuesday, I had my wife call with me present in the room. This is what they told her.

They will not be giving any discounts to any customers. Some Customer bills are as high as $1800.00. When asked why they did not indicate the rate of .25139 on their email and why sent that rates would increase after the fact, they said they were not obligated to inform us or show on their site for information.

When asked to be put immediately on the fixed rate, we were told they would be happy to enrol us immediately…. BUT it would not take effect for 3-4 WEEKS. We would still be paying the .25139 until then, just like a new person switching electricity companies. The immediate offer is only for NEW customers. They did say they could immediately change the rate if they took it out of my Name and put it in my Wife’s name as a new service without electricity, then they would come out tomorrow and there would be a service fee!

When mentioned to them that when we started their service they guaranteed the lowest electricity in our area, so if another company was .145, they would be .144 or such, they stated they changed that Plan last year, and put us on a monthly variable because they lost that partnership. We did not receive notice, they said they mailed out this information, but did not put it on their website. They apologized that we did not receive it but too bad.

The email is misleading that they sent us that it is not immediate on the rate decrease. Further, they are not the only ones that will allow you reduce your rates on a fixed plan. They are misleading on the email that the rates are increasing, but did increase and sent purposely on the date that the bills were already completed and increased. And yet when checking online the bill was not viewable or any mention of rate. They are now one of the highest rates in Texas with the .25139.

We have never paid our bill late, we have been excellent customers, Dynowatt is misleading customers with this email on immediate fixed rate change in order to gain another month of inflated fees. I called other companies, on their plans if you change plans, it doesn’t take 3 to 4 weeks because you are a current customer, this is an outrage.

Really ticked off in Texas!

Va

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened to me too. No notice that they were no longer honoring their 10 percent to beat price agreement. I would call this a bait and switch. We are at the mercy of these big utility companies and nobody cares.

• Bo
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I did not realize that we had Accent Energy until I received the email from Lisa at accent energy. Accent Energy is no where on my Dynowatt bill, Evidently they took over or partnered with Dynowatt and supposively sent us Snail mails about it. I didn't get mine. Very Sneaky Deceptive.

Did anyone get snail mail on Accent Energy & not honoring their 10 percent agreement any longer? Must have been lost in the mail..hah

• Li
      3rd of Jul, 2008

More of the same crap here! I cannot believe their audacity, and it does seem very sneaky and underhanded. They blame the rising cost of energy and "everything else, " but I don't hear about other providers in Texas fleecing their customers like this. I switched us to Reliant but I'm still due another bill from Dynowatt, and we probably won't be switched over until the end of July. I'm furious.

• St
      4th of Jul, 2008

Lets get a lawyer all together and try to get our money back. I was busy with kid activities and did not even get a chance to open my bill until today and noticed this huge increase from 15 cents last month to 25.5 cents this month. This is fraud!!! I too remember that they used to have a price guarantee.

• Ca
      7th of Jul, 2008

It happened to me too. I think every Dynowatt customer in North Texas was effected. It gets so hot here in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area that electric bills are always seemingly high around $350.00, so we expected a slightly higher June bill; but, what a huge shock it was when it more than doubled when Dynowatt begin charging twice as much for electricity with no notice. And they had the gall to send an e-mail out days before we got our huge bill saying we could go on a fixed rate with them because of the danger of increasing energy rates. Needless to say we switched companies, and I hope every Texas customer does the same so we can put Accent Energy, a.k.a. Dynowatt out of business!

• Je
      8th of Jul, 2008

I never rec. anything in my email from dynowatt. I have over a 1000.00 bill this month, nor did they notify me of unuaslly high kWh use for my home. When I called to lock in a rate they told me 60 days when I am already a costomer. I agree we should be able to get do something about this but what. What are they going to do next month 1.00/kwh? that would be an 8000.00 bill for me. I have only used 2000kwh for the past 10 years so why was I not notified by them when I used 5000 kwh for one month. At least I could have started to find the cause for the increase in usage. 8000 kwh used in 8 days after their last reading.

• Ju
      10th of Jul, 2008

Talk about a shocker! Our bill trippled from $316 to $907 in one month, same story here with everything. We have a great pay history and have been a customer for at least 3 years. What a crappy thing to do to loyal customers. No notice, no regards! But they were sure quick to offer payment plans on top of our regualar statements! I'm sure they will lose alot of customers, serves them right!

• Mi
      10th of Jul, 2008

I think it's Dynowatt getting greedy at the expense of their customers. They are now selling electricity at a rate far higher than the competition. If you don't pay the scam your credit will get dinged. They have us over a barrell and their driving it home. My rate incresed 25% 2 months in a row. They say I can lock in a lower rate then why in the hll are we paying over the rate we could lock in, it defies logic. I have one more bill coming from Dynowatt and Im sure that it double again.

Response to Dynowatt: Why have all of my customers switched from Dynowatt????

13th of Jul, 2008

I signed up with Dynowatt under the same competitive-rate understandings, but now find myself with $.235/kwh rates, which still come up over $400/mo despite my new massive (and sometimes uncomfortable) energy conservation regime at home. At first, I was trying to call Dynowatt to get an explanation, but couldn't stay on hold for more than 30 minutes. So, I paid the first huge dynowatt bill, but now as I talk to friends and family, I find that I'm the only sucker getting tagged with such high rates. I don't think of myself as a sucker, and so I'm getting my lawyer on Dynowatt.

• St
      25th of Jul, 2008

sounds like a broken record.dynowatt is jacking everybody off.i say switch to a new supplyer and dont pay dynowatt.if every body dose this thay will go under.case in point reliant lost me for 8 mounths i called to ask for a bill? thay had no record of me.but thay found me in time and told me that i owed them 2500.00 dollers so i told them i have no record of this and switched to txu.thats been 5years ago no marks on my credit score .so lets help them out of business.its all about greed and money you take the money away the greed ends up in the bread line looking for a handout

• Lo
      29th of Jul, 2008

They are out of business. Don't pay any invoices. They are trying to take in all the cash they can so the execs can beat it to Mexico.

• Dy
      14th of Aug, 2008

This site tells you exactly why prices are going up. It is not dynowatts or any other service providers fault for the texas market doing what its doing. You people who think you can just do whatever with your bills are wrong. It is up to the consumer to read the terms of service. If you look under the modification of agreement paragraph it says bluntly right there and i quote "This is a variable price agreement; a change in price from month to month as indicated herein does not require prior notice." So all you dumb people who think there gonna sue over there VARIABLE rate changing are idiots. Those on a fixed rate let me explain something. The reason it takes 15-45 days: Up to 15 days is for the processing from dynowatt. After that initial 15 day period the UTILITY company (Centerpoint, Oncor TXU, AEP, TNMP) will wait till your billing cycle is done before they permit the rate change. Dynowatt is not your utility provider. They are a service provider who provides electric. Your utility company takes care of your poles meter reads wires etc. Everyone who thinks they were on a fixed rate is wrong. Dynowatt offered a price to beat program. The program BEFORE it started already had an initial start date and end date. The start date was jan. of '01 and ended dec. 31st of '06. After that date every dynowatt customer was put on a variable rate. Dynowatt did not offer fixed rates till april of '08. It was put all over the website. The my dynowatt page where you do your online acct management it was e-mailed and mailed. If you did not get that thats nobodys problem but yours. If you didnt read your contract when you agreed to it its nobodys problem but yours. And to the guy who wrote askin if there was a way to get out of the contract by cheating just shows what kind of caliber people you really are. Read something before you sign and agree to it. What if in the contract it said dynowatt was allowed to take 100$ a month from your bank acct. You people would just sign away without even reading anything and then complain when your charged. I dont mean to be rude but everyone one of you are wrong and no lawsuit would ever hold up for the simple fact that everything your complaing about is right in your contract that you signed.

• Mi
      16th of Aug, 2008

Wow the same response that you put on every other DynoWatt complaint. Playing a little damage control are you. I understand that you need some job security these days, but maybe you should look at going back to school or working for a different energy company.

• Bo
      16th of Aug, 2008

Wow, Dynowatt Defender just sent me the same response via email from 2 different hotmail email accounts.
    Tim was the name on the top of email, I'm sending the emails to the PUC, Govenor's office and anywhere I can find out if this person works for Dynowatt or Accent Energy. If this person does, then it shows what kind of Company Dynowatt/Accent Energy really is!
    Well, I'm off to report this to their ISP.
    PS.. Dear Tim - do not email me again!

• Ti
      19th of Aug, 2008

Ok first off you guys are taking this way out of content. I dont work for dynowatt when in fact i was a customer of theres. I feel the same way you do but my whole point is to let you know the facts about whats goin on. That was the whole thing that your lawsuit wouldnt hold up because of what that contract says. And i was also pointing out the fact that there are certain people like the guy who commented tryin to cheat out of a contract is ridiculous.

• M7
      30th of Apr, 2009

I am a Dynowatt customer, my rate went up and not quite doubled on one of my bills- then i enrolled in the 2 year flat rate plan-for signing up Dynowatt sent me a $100.00 check. Since I have the flat rate and i was sent a $100, 00 everything has evened out.Even though I am paying 16 KWH. I still get lower bills from Dynowatt then other companies in the past, . They hardly ever charge late charges and their base price is still cheaper.
    Another thing I like about them is they give you lots of time to pay and do not turn off your electricity if you are late.When I was with Reliant Energy as soon as the day arrived that my bill was past due-I would hear the Reliant truck out in front of my yard ready to turn off my electricity, same goes for TXU.If I don’t have the money to pay one month I call or email Dynowatt tell them when I can pay the bill and they leave my electric on.