dylanqueen.co.uk / Poor quality dresses from bad seller

United States Review updated:

I bought prom dress from the website www.dylanqueen.co.uk. I received it on time, but the quality was the lowest. The dress was already torn in two places and the colour wasn’t the same as I ordered. The colour was completely different, and the seller tried to persuade me that I made the mistake, but it wasn’t true. The seller refused to change it, because they had such policy. No changes, if it was customer’s mistake. And it was impossible to persuade him. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Let’s share views about this website.

Ne
Mar 12, 2014

Comments

• Ka
      30th of Mar, 2014

HORRIBLE ! DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!

THE SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! I ORDERED MY DRESS TWO MONTHS AGO AND ITS STILL NOT HERE. THEY FAIL TO REPLY TO MY EMAILS SO FOR MY REFUND SO I WILL BE CONTACTING MY BANK FOR MY MONEY BACK AND THEY WILL DO IT. SUCH A HUGE WASTE OF TIME SO THERE WILL BE SOMETHING DONE. I AM VERY UPSET YOU GUYS DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE! I EMAILED TO ASK WHERE IS MY DRESS AND WHEN WILL IT BE SHIPPED, THEY REPLIED WE CAN SHIP IT TODAY. WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO EMAIL FOR THEM TO SHIP OUR MERCHANDISE! VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE DO NOT ORDER! I SUGGEST BUYING A PROM DRESS OR FORMAL AT AN ACTUAL STORE WHERE YOU CAN SEE AND TOUCH THE DRESS!!! THE DRESS FINALLY CAME IN AND THE BEADING WAS HORRIBLE ! THE SIZES WERE WRONG AND VERY CHEAP ! I WISH I COULD POST A PICTURE BECAUSE IT WAS HORRIBLE. I SENT THE DRESS BACK AND I TOLD THEM THEN THEY TRIED TO ACT LIKE THEY DONT HAVE IT AND THAT I SENT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS WHICH IS NOT TRUE! I ASKED FOR A REFUND FOR THE FIFTH TIME AND STILL NO REPLY. HORRIBLE

• Ca
      11th of Apr, 2014

Total scam site; they sent me a extremely low-quality and tacky looking dress, and refused to make it right or provide a refund. They are Chinese in Suzhou China (shipping directly from mainland China). I will never do business there again.

• Li
      3rd of May, 2014

Please do not buy from this site. It is very misleading. Dress bought was different colour and there were visible stitching holes all around the waistline of the material. Definitely not professional service. When I asked for refund they persuaded me that it would cost a lot to send back and they offer me £4 in settlement. Such scams company. Someone should close them down.

• Tr
      29th of May, 2014

I HAVE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE. I ORDERED A DRESS FOR MY DAUGHTER FOR HER PROM. IT IS VERY POOR QUALITY AND FAULTY. AM IN THE PROCESS OF MESSAGING THEM DAILY. THEY SAY THEY CANNOT REFUND MORE THAN 10% OF DRESS PRICE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I CAN DO KNOW. MY DAUGHTERS PROM IS 3 WEEKS OFF AND I NEED TO SORT A DRESS FOR HER. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

• Br
      1st of Aug, 2015

Ok, I dont even know from where to start. First of all, for those you seek an advice of weather to buy from this website or not, please DO NOT DO IT. Even is it appears to be the most amazing dress, at the most amazing price.

While reading all the comments here, I could identify my case in every single review. I will explain how this fraudulent website works.

After my 157pounds dress (plus delivery) arrived, I couldnt be more disappointed. It looks nothing with the picture they advertise on their website. The picture is very misleading because clearly it looks nothing with what i
    received. The jewels on the picture look equally placed on the dress to
    balance the colours. What i have here looks like a magicians assistant. Its
    a clash of loooooooooads of pink emeralds. Again nothing like the picture.
    Its a poor quality of work like somebody gave children a box of pink
    emeralds to stick on the chest section. No colour balance AT ALL!!! I feel
    cheated, misleaded i feel robbed of my money because its clearly not a
    professional job. And believe it or not, it arrived DIRTY, like someone
    had already used it. It seems to be a second hand dress.

After my complain, and after they have requested me to send some pictures of the dress. Of course the answer was not a surprise, they said the dress looks exactly like as advertised in their website. For several times i as required to repeat the same story to every single person of their service customer team, and all of the times they were being, unprofessional, unfrendly, disrespectful, and always avoinding the point that was being adressed.

They offered me a discount of 15%, which I thought it was a joke. I said i didnt want the dress. And what they told me was, they couldnt asure me that if i decided to return the dress it would arrived into its destination. Showing, lack of responsibility and professionalism. Also meaning that their returns are never possible to be done.

They are non professional, not customer friendly, a fraud, deceiving, misleading and false advertising.

I truly believe that someone MUST to do something for this kind of fraudulent companies stop deceiving people. All of us in this website, could get together and do something regarding this matter. There must be a way of putring this company in a very bad position.

For me, is not just for the money they are stealing from people but is also for the disrespect, and for everyone to know what kind of company this one is.

Just to finish with this review... A few days ago after I have paid already for the delivery charge in their website, I got a letter from TNT saying that I still have to pay for its delivery and international taxes. What a JOKE!!!

• Am
      1st of Apr, 2017

Hi
    I bought my wedding dress for £96 and spentc £75 having it altered. But it looked nice and I put the fit down to me getting the measurements wring as my bridesmaids dress fitted well although perhaps not the best quality materials, I felt it was value foe money. So, I ordered two evening dresses at £200. Like the reviews here, one was very poor quality that I could never wear and the other was nothing near a fit!! It was an average of 4 inches too big everywhere. I contacted them to get it altered having taken photos of a tape measure against the waist, hips etc to prove that it had been made incorrectly...they insisted I was at fault so over £200 wasted. They asked me what I expected. They said the dresses were cheap and I ordered them because they were cheap. I told them about TK Max and Next...very comparable. So, you could well be wasting your money on a dress with dylanqueen