DVDPLANET.ORG/ CAROL BURNETT BOX SET / DVD PLANET.ORG IS A SCAM

1 Selbyville, DE, United States Review updated:

I ORDERED THE CARROL BURNETT COMPLETE 11 SEASONS ON NOVEMBER 30, 2007. THEY WERE TO BE A CHRISTMAS PRESENT, HOWEVER THE PACKAGE DID NOT SHOW UP TIL 2 DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS. I HAD ALREADY EMAILED THE COMPANY TO GET MY MONEY BACK PRIOR TO CHRISTMAS EVE AND THEY ASSURED ME THAT I WOULD RECIEVE MY MONEY BACK, WHICH I DID. THEY TOLD ME TO KEEP THE SET AS A GIFT WHEN THEY SHOWED UP. WHEN I OPENED THEM IT WAS NOT THE BOX SET OF THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW, INSTEAD IT WAS 8 DVD'S FROM A 48 HOUR MARATHON OF EPISODES OF THE SHOW THAT WAS RECORDED OFF TV LAND. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I'M GLAD I GOT MY $70.00 BACK, NOT TO MENTION THIS IS ILLEGAL...DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. OH, I ALSO HAD TO PUT A NOTE ON MY BANK ACCOUNT INCASE THINGS ARE CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT.

Ja

Comments

• Na
      4th of Jan, 2008

Just wanted to let you all know I found an artical in the Montreal Gazzete about there being an arrestof 8 in Canada involving pirated DVD's. I called the Royal Canadian Mounted Police about another web site Ulitmate DVD shop.com. He couldn't tell me if the people that were arrested were from the site I ordered from. He did say that some of the sites had been shut down, but others had not.
    Here is the link to the story

• Su
      5th of Jan, 2008

I also ordered a set of Carol Burnett Dvd's on Nov. 5th and after placing my order, it showed my order status as "failed." They did however charge my credit card on Nov. 7th and gave me an order number. I tried emailing them numerous times to see if my order had actually been entered and they never would answer me. So, I called my credit card company and filed a dispute on the purchase, and they reversed the charges to their bank. This company is definitely a scam, and I've decided I won't order anything from anybody without there being a phone number listed on the site, and I must be able to call and reach a person at that phone number.

• Ni
      11th of Jan, 2008

I bought the "Collector's Edition DVD SET" of the Carol Burnett show from DVD Planet. Imagine my surprise when I received very poor quality dvds, recorded from TV Land. There are episodes missing, I received two copies of the same disk. When I went to the website, I found that DVD Planet is no longer accepting orders and seems to be out of business, so I was afraid I was just out the money, plus stuck with an incomplete set. However, I did email the company and they told me they have refunded the purchase amount to my credit card and if they do find a better supplier, will send me a complete Carol Burnett set for free. I am hoping that is the case. To reach DVD Planet: support@dvdcollections.tv

• Mo
      1st of Oct, 2009

If anyone got their money back from this company they are lucky. I was assured I would get a refund when my Carol Burnett series was also a copy from TVLand. Quality was pathetic-like the TV screen was smeared with Vaseline. Dealing with Canada complicated matters and I never got a dime back.