DVDPlanet.org / Never received item!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I was guaranteed delivery by Xmas. It never happened. They sent me a bogus tracking number. My package was delivered to a different town in my state. When I placed an order the company was located in Canada and now it says they are in California. Like many others I got ripped off. The only response to my emails is Them offering me 30% off my next order. I can assure you there won't be a next time. This is a very sophisticated scam with many different names for the same company. Be careful!!!

Comments

• Ta
      16th of Dec, 2007
    DVDPlanet.org - Never received order!
    DVDPlanet.org
    www.dvdplanet.org

On 11-17-07 I ordered The Centennial DVD box set. I was charged $69.99. Received an e-mail confirmation that it was on it's way but it never arrived. Sent e-mails but can't get a response. Obviously, I was ripped off. This was a Christmas gift.

• Ga
      16th of Dec, 2007

I was taken for over 200.00 dollars and still haven't seen my movies. BEWARE this is a total rip off.

• Kr
      20th of Dec, 2007
    DVDPlanet.org - No merchandise received
    DVDPlanet.org
    www.DVDplanet.org

I ordered a boxed set of dvd's, they charged my account but did not send merchandise. This happened before under a different name. I think this company has many fake web sites. If caught they should be prosecuted.

• Pa
      21st of Dec, 2007

I too was defrauded on an xmas gift for my wife that I have been searching for years!

• Be
      21st of Dec, 2007

I ordered The High Chaparral DVD set. Ordered November 15, 2007, and received e-mail telling me it was sent to the incorrect address and was being re-shipped. Would receive by December 4. I sent e-mail after not receiving item by December 15. They did reply stating to give it a few days with the holiday season, it would be later. I received the DVD set on December 18. I started to view the first DVD on December 19. When it began to play, it showed the "Hallmark" channel in the lower right hand corner on the first show. Then when the second show started it gave "Granada Plus" (which apparently is a tv station in Canada (not sure). I kept all copies of e-mails (order and replies). I went back to that and reviewed the page detailing High Chaparral. It did not mention that this DVD set had been recorded from tv. I went to DVD Planet home page and read the FAQ about refunds. It stated that a refund would not be issued if the DVDs were used or damaged. I sent an e-mail to DVD Planet and explained that I had seen where the DVD set had been recorded from tv and inquired about a refund. No reply has been received. I was ripped off for $89.99. BUYER BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

• Pd
      22nd of Dec, 2007
    DVDPlanet.org - never recieved product

company apears to be a fake. I ordered acomplete set of Carol Burnet on 11-25 I recieved an email that my order was shipped. My credit card was billed but have not recieved the product as of 12-24

• Ed
      23rd of Dec, 2007
    DVDPlanet.org - Order never received!
    DVDplanet.org
    Florida
    www.DVDplanet.org

I placed my $69.99 order in early Dec. and never received it. My emails don't go through. What can be done? They're quick to charge my account with nothing in return. Am I out of my hard earned money?? Is there something I can do to retrieve it...

Plz advise smb!

23rd of Dec, 2007

I feel your pain. I was pretty suspicious of this website when I was looking for a specific tv sitcom. The sitcom has not yet been completely released on DVD and the website already claimed to have all 4 seasons with "custom artwork" and "region-free format". It was dubious to me as I could not find any information on the official site mentioning about the release of all 4 seasons. I then went over here to check out the site..and there bam, there it is, a big scam.

The only way you can possibly get your money back is to have a hacker do a IP sniff and lookup... not much luck with that, though.

Sorry.

• Ka
      24th of Dec, 2007

I never received my order either. I was wondering if I need to cancel my credit card because this bogus company has my number? Did anyone else get more charges on their credit card?

• Li
      25th of Dec, 2007

I also ordered from this company. They took their money from my credit card then no reply. Repeated emails got the run around as everyone else did. Come to find out my DVD's are NOT even on dvd yet. These are all copies from tv. I finally recieved mine, but sent them back without opening them. After reading they were fakes I didn't even want them. Now I'm trying to get the charge off my credit card. Beware of ALL companies offerings DVD's. I've deleted them from my email. Please beware.

• La
      26th of Dec, 2007

I too ordered two sets of the Carol Burnett gift sets on Nov. 06/07 and have not received anything. After seven e-mails I finally got a reply stating some sort of data base problem and the DVD's would be sent manually. They were to arrive in six business days. On Dec. 18/ after another e-mail questioning where my order was I received an e-mail from the company assuring me that they would arrive before Christmas. I still have not received anything and from the looks of these complaints I won't be. Will contact my credit card firm but as they told me earlier they can only dispute the problem. Doesn't mean I will be my $140.00 back.

• Co
      26th of Dec, 2007

I am currently going through my bank to get my money back, i ordered the full season of Daria for 54.99 and they said my card was declined then emailed me 2-3 days later and said it was shipped, fake shipping number, they took the money out of my bank account, and i never got my DVDs, so go through your bank to file a claim and get your money back that way! Good luck!!

• Sw
      27th of Dec, 2007

I too have been ripped off by this company after I ordered a DVD set for a friend as a Christmas gift. My credit card was charged, but as with all the other complaints on this and other sites about this company, the DVD set was never recieved by my friend. It wasn't until I saw all these other complaints that I realized to my horror that this is just a total fraud of a company. It's amazing that when I was searching for the particular DVD set (WKRP Show) I didn't find any complaints, but now that many people are coming to find out that this is just a scam the first things that come up when you google this company and a few other similar companies, ALL that comes up are complaint after complaint. I guess these so-called companies will just change names again and then try this again whenever a gift-giving holiday comes around again. I'm working with my credit card company to get my money back, but am not holding my breath at this point. These scammers had a month or two of complaint free time on google, just enough to rip off I don't know how many people, then once we all realized we were scammed, it was pretty much too late to do anything more than tell our stories, and hope nobody else gets taken. NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, OR DVDDONKEY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR COMPANIES, YOU'LL ONLY HAVE THE HEARTACHE THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF ARE NOW DEALING WITH.

• Sw
      27th of Dec, 2007

I am posting a link to a post on another site that tracks rip-offs, and the link is to a letter that the so-called owner of this so-called company known as dvdplanet.org has posted as a rebuttal to all the complaints now springing up about his fraudulent company. He promises lots of satisfaction in his letter, lets see if anyone actually DOES get what he promises. I sent a copy of that same post to the company and told him to put his money where his mouth is TODAY! Maybe if enough people throw his own words back at him, we will see results... and maybe donkey's will fly, but we can always hope.

• Ka
      27th of Dec, 2007

My last email from this company was on Christmas day they are now telling me I have to go to my credit card and ask for a charge back , because they say that their bank that handles their refunds went out of business and their assets have been frozen. Talk about a rip off!!!

27th of Dec, 2007

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE COMMENTS. I ordered a dvd set and was supposed to get it in time for xmas and heard nothing since.

• As
      27th of Dec, 2007

I placed an order on 12/02/2007 for the 3 season DVD of the Bionic Woman. I was sent an email saying they would be delivered between the 21st and 23rd of Dec..No show. I used the tracking number provided and it said there were delays and it would be delivered on the 26th...No show yet again.. checked tracking number and it said item was sent back because of undeliverable address...it was sent to Austin, Texas...I live in Savannah, Georgia... 4 staes over and about 1500 miles..., I wonder why it was sent back...Sent email to the company and they offered to resend it express or refund my money.. I have sent 3 emails today asking them to furnish a new tracking number... it's now 9:10pm and yet no emails...so much for the online support 24-7.....I've contacted my credit card company and they are now waiting on me to file a complaint... I'm giving the dvd planet until the 3rd of Jan to get my DVDs to me or I'll let the CC company take care of it... I also called the number on their website and the person who answered told me to contact the credit card company right away because she had received so many calls of the same thing happening to more people...

• Ca
      28th of Dec, 2007
    DVDPlanet.org - Never received merchandise!
    DVD planet.org
    Canada
    www.dvdplanet.org

Ordered something on 12-14-2007. 12-28-2007 never received. Totally bogus tracking info given. Still waiting on refund! DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE!!! IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Lo
      28th of Dec, 2007

On 12-07-07 I ordered The 3 stooges box set. I was charged $69.99. Received an e-mail confirmation that it was on it's way but it never arrived. Sent e-mails but can't get a response. Obviously, I was ripped off. This was a Christmas gift.

• Ro
      29th of Dec, 2007

I guess I am not alone. On 12/16/2007 I ordered Adam 12 complete tv series set of DVD's for $89.99 as a present for my husband guaranteed Christmas delivery. On 12/22/2007 I recieved an email stating a delay in customs but that it would be delivered on 12/24/2007. Never came ! When I checked their tracking info it had been sent to TEXAS so it was returned undeliverable. I live in Maine. On 12/26/2007 after 3 emails I finally recieved an apologetic response saying they would reship immediately. However I have heard nothing else . I have a feeling the Grinch stole that Christmas gift!!!!