DVDMD.tv / None refund of item

I ordered two box sets from this American company and they were shipped out very promptly. I had problemss with one of the box sets that I had ordered, but the company were very quick to reply to my e-mails and sent two replacement series out of the box sets. After continuing viewing the dvds there were further problems. I asked the company if I could send the disks back and have a refund, they gave me the address details and advised that if I scanned the postal receipt I would receive a refund within 24 hours. I sent this twice and did not receive a reply, I continued to e-mail but did not receive a reply, after a week they e-mailed and apoligised for the delay and said that they would look into the matter and e-mail me when they were issuing a refund, that was 2 weeks ago and I have since sent several more e-mails. I feel as though I have been mistreated and do not have anyway of taking this forward as it is not a UK company and I did not pay on my credit card but my debit card. I paid postage and packing to receive the dvds and postage and packing to send the dvds back and now I have suffered a financial loss.

Cl

More DVDMD.tv Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ke
      8th of Nov, 2008

I ordered a set from here and got these fake chinese dvds. At first they answered my emails and told me they will take care of the issue, and then i was ignored.

18th of Nov, 2008

those are not fake. if you read you would know they are import versions

22nd of Nov, 2008

Of course they are fake. Imported Copies my ###. Another word for PIRATED!!! People are being scammed by this ripoff website and this has to stop. Hands up anyone who got a refund. Did anyone get a Dvd that actually works. Hell I'm still waiting for a reply. My copies I got are like the cheapest PIrated copy you could find. Paramount will shut this Pirate Website DOWN mark my words.

25th of Nov, 2008

Andrew, you [censored], this comany is NOT in the US, but in CHINA. Look at the url. Paramount has no jurisdiction on China, Taiwan, or anywhere alse in Asia.

• Da
      27th of Nov, 2008

I've had problems getting replacement dvds for the blatantly pirated dvd (off TV!) series Lost. See thesqeakywheel.com and search for dvdmd - tell everyone else to view the complaint, as it sends them an email automatically, every time the page is viewed. Maybe they'll get the message!

• Pa
      27th of Nov, 2008

I HAVE VOWED TO SHUT THIS WEBSITE DOWN!
    My brother spent his allowance to pay for his product. It came from China and are completely bootlegged.

Andrew, your foul language is just making your website look horrible and unprofessional. For your information, Paramount and many other motion pictures are represented by MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America). Your website is not based in China, and is based in Denver, US, hosted by WeHostWebsites with IP 72.18.141.142. Don't ###! Also, MPAA has international jurisdiction INCLUDING CHINA! check their website, "[censored]".

I am in communication with the correct people, and you will find yourself in a lot of trouble very soon.

P.

28th of Nov, 2008

wow! I've been waiting for my DVDs for over a month now and gave him/them the benefit of the doubt; but now I see this. What are my options? I don't have $$$ to just throw away or give scammers. Is there something I can do to get my $$ back??????

29th of Nov, 2008

You're screwed. Unless you can dispute it with your Credit Card company.. there is not much you can do. Email me as I'm building a case against the site.

• Pa
      30th of Nov, 2008

Wow I just ordered from this scammers, im going to call my credit card company first thing in the morning and dispute my charge, i dont want their stuff anymore

• Co
      1st of Dec, 2008

I just ordered from them. The charged my credit card and I never heard anything from them again. I have sent them countless e-mails and gotten NO REPLY. I am calling my credit card company tomorrow and fighting the claim.

4th of Dec, 2008

How can they do this???????? All I wanted was a gift for my son! Emails = no reply! Can anything be done? If there is a class action law suit, I'd like to join

9th of Dec, 2008

I WAS JUST GOING TO ORDER A BOX SET FROM THE SITE AND I THOUGHT IT LOOKED A LITTLE STRANGE.. RESEARCH IS KEY WHEN SPENDING MONEY ONLINE

THANKS

• Mc
      12th of Dec, 2008

I wish I had know about this board before I'd made my purchase.
    The original complaint from Claire: "I paid postage and packing to receive the dvds and postage and packing to send the dvds back and now I have suffered a financial loss."
    ...would have stopped me in my tracks. This is what I get for trying to save 25-30 bucks on my husbands birthday present.

I just spoke with my CC company. They say that you have to give the merchant 30 days (by law) to refund your money. Then I can file a dispute. Meanwhile DVDMD has been paid and I will have to pay my credit charge including the return shipping cost.

These HAD to be bootlegged disks. The printing on the boxed set label (West Wing 7 seasons) was crappy, too. And a booklet that was supposed to be in the set was not there.

I called the "customer service" number when I noticed the missing piece (We hadn't tried t view yet). The woman I spoke to said they would send that booklet out, but suggested I look at the DVDs first to be sure all of them were OK and did not need replacing! That's when I knew I was in trouble. Sure enough, they were crap.

I told my husband that we should probably just keep it -- or deliver it to the FBI - as I didn't think I'd get anything back. But he insisted I ship it back. That's when I couldn't get an answer on the "866" number.
    So I emailed and was assured that I would get FULL REFUND, including shipping. Well. it cost $31+ to ship back. It's been a week and now they don't reply to my emails.

I dug up the toll free number today (anyone notice how that number hasa disappeared from their website?) and did get hold of someone. She said she'd "forward my complaint" to the email help desk, as she could not do anything about it from her end. (This was after she covered the phone with her hand to talk with someone else about how to handle it - they don't even have a "Hold" button?)

She had the temerity to say "Happy Holidays" at the end of the call. I replied that I didn't think they'd be very happy as I have a feeling that I just "ate" upwards of a hundred bucks on this deal.

I do suggest keeping correspondence with them to emails though. Then you have a "paper trail" for the credit card company AND the FBI AND Warner Bros. (or applicable studio.)

• Ra
      26th of Jan, 2009

I was just about to make a purchase, and just happened to pop on this web site before I did. I thought the prices were great, hard to beat, but after reading all the negative comments, I can see why. I thank you for the heads up. Thanks.

• Do
      31st of Jan, 2009

My daughter purchased the 6-season boxed set of "24" for me for Christmas. My first suspicion was the length of time it took for them to ship it. We traced it using the USPS tracking info. It said it was being "held in Customs". A week later it arrived. Seeing the Chinese writing on the mailing slip gave me my second suspicion. Then seeing that the customs decalaration was for a "gift" valued at $8, I became leery that the items were legit. They even threw in a "free" DVD of "21". So before I unwrapped the very elaborate boxed set, I tried to play the freebis. It wouldn't play on my older DVD, so tried it in our new PS3 Blu-Ray player. Plays fine. So on to the boxed set. "If" they are bootlegs, they sure went to extreme lengths to package the product. Beautiful packaging. Same as I would assume the US produced versions. So I played the first season disk 1, and it plays fine along with all the "normal" DVD features. Guess I'll report back after watching all 39 disks to tell you if I had any problems. I am in NO WAY condoning the use of this web-site, in fact have used it as a very valuable lesson for my 16 year old daughter. As they say, if the price is too good to be true... Guess I was one of the lucky ones!

1st of Feb, 2009

I ordered a stargate sg1 complete series box set. It arrived in good time but my suspicions had already been aroused about this company due to sites like this. I had made up my mind that I would send it back unopened. I also received a freebie of the movie 21 and after a few goes it did play on my older DVD player, then it wouldn't play at all the next time i tried. it did play on a newer DVD but has several shadows running across it like you would expect from a very poor quality copy
    I too was promised a refund within 24hrs if i sent them a copy of the postal receipt, which i did. Hey presto almost 2 weeks have passed and no refund and no reply to several e-mails enquiring into the reason for the delay. Luckily i did pay by credit card and have already contacted them re this matter. I do have to allow them 30 days to issue the refund before the credit card company will pursue it. Hopefully i will eventually get my money back.

• Da
      1st of Feb, 2009

Correct url for sending automatic 'complaint' email to dvdmd.tv is: thesqueakywheel.com
    and search for dvdmd.tv. Apologies for previous wrong spelling! Save that page as your default browser page and then everytime you open your web browser they'll get another email!

• Ri
      20th of Feb, 2009

I ordered the entire 21 disc box set of James Bond DVDs for my boyfriend for Valentines Day. I ordered them on 1/21/09 and still to this day (2/20/09) Have not recieved my order! I have called several times, and asked for my money back, they refuse, assuring me my package will be delivered shortly. Im still waiting... and Im out $110.00. See, I was dumb enough to pay the extra $10 for 4-6 day shipping so I could make sure my boyfriend had his gift on time! I have been ripped off and am currently working with my bank and we have filed a fraud report against them. I will get my money back... and more! This company is a rip off, and those off you smart enough to research them first, and find this web site, are lucky you did! All I wanted to do was surprise the love of my life with the entire set of his favorite movies! Is that so much to ask!?!?

22nd of Feb, 2009

This website SUCKS...I ordered a gift for my boyfriend and I dont have it either nor my money back. I contacted a lawyer about getting the website shut down ((everyone in my family are lawyers)) I have a great case they say. I want my money back I dont even want the DVDS. I am in the process of getting my money back through the bank not by this scam ### website. It shouldnt have to be that way though.

10th of Mar, 2009

My 17 year old daughter ordered dvd's from this company on 2/21/09. She called and cancelled the order the same night within 10 minutes of ordering. They told her they would process her refund. They sent a follow up email stating that they would process the refund. That was on 2/23/09. We've called three or four times, we've emailed several times. The last call I placed was on Friday, March 6th. Today, I tried to call them again and the customer service line is now disconnected. I asked one of the reps on March 6th where were they located and she said California. Does anyone know the city? I have resolved to the fact that my daughter won't get her $77.00+ dollars back, however, I am going to pursue this until that site is shut down. If anyone knows the city for dvdmd.tv, please add it as a comment.