DVDMania / **WARNING-SCAM**

1 OR, United States Review updated:

This company is a total scam. I ordered and paid for a box set and have never received it. I have emailed them 6 times and there has been no response. File a fraudulent report with your credit card company and try to plaster it on the web as much as you can. There are TV shows that they advertise that you can't find anywhere else. Total complete rip off.

Comments

13th of Jan, 2009

Similar experience. Ordered Cosby Show box set as a Christmas gift in EARLY December and it didn't arrive until THIS WEEK. No heads up of delays and the only way to contact them is via email. They never respond to your inquiries.

The product I received is a cheap, bootlegged version of what I expected.

Upon some research, I found this number online and this is the correct phone number for TV DVD Mania - 1-778-282-8099. The guy is VERY rude and is not ashamed of the scam and theft on his part.

I threatened to file a complaint with the FTC, so the rude man asked for my order number and he said to go to the post office and tell them to return to sender and that I should have my refund in 10 business days. I'm not optimistic at all, but it's worth a try.

• Ba
      15th of Jan, 2009

My son purchased a set of The Three Stooges for Christmas and low and behold the dvd's are so bad that you can not watch them.
    I searched the internet and found the address and phone number for DVD Mania.
    The business is located in Maine, according to Maine's Better Business Bureau.
    So for all of you who have been scammed by DVD Mania
    Here is the address and phone number:
    54 Sabattus St
    Lewiston Maine 04240
    (207) 782-2166

According to the Better Business Bureau in Maine the business has one person running it, this person will not return phone calls from
    the Better Business Bureau.
    So the next step is to contact the State Attorney's Office in Maine.
    That is what I plan to do, this company is scamming alot of people out of alot of money.
    Please if you have ordered something DO NOT sign for it, send it back! It will save you alot of headaches later.
    My son's bank will not let him dispute the charges so for now he will continue to badger the company until I step in.

• Mi
      6th of Feb, 2009

Same experience.

I have asked my bank to alert MC and their own credit card fraud division about this company.

24th of Feb, 2009

I was looking for a DVD for a relative, off a TV show...Amazon.com was the only one who had the show season 1 ready to deliver 31 mars...Did a search...found DVDmania and they had 3 seasons (all episodes) for sale.

Too my suprsise they also had a TV show i was looking for which has NEVER been released. I have 450 complete seasons off TV shows on original DVDs.

So i kinda did a search to find put iff the site was a scam. Wich it must be they have shows that have never been seen on DVDs for sale???? Incase they deliver its stolen material anyways.

• Ji
    DVDMania - Beware!
    DVDMANIA.COM
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    dvdmania.com

Three weeks after the company charged my VISA I have yet to receive my order. The company does not anwer email requests about the order. I strongly suggest not doing business with this company, and if you placed an order with them, call your credit card company right away and report the fraud. I also suggest you ask why VISA continues to do business with this outfit. A company that doesn't take AMEX is usually suspicious. I should have known better.

• In
      3rd of Jun, 2016

DVDMania is a well known scam outfit-if it's not too late stop payment on your CC.

• Ha
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I am experiencing something similar with DVDmania. Are you saying that you don't receive the items purchased? Have you got your money back?

Concerned