DVDcollects.com / pirate dvds, poor service
*I ordered the Stargate Atlantis seasons1-5 boxset from dvdcollects... this is what happened.
1. despite the promise on the site of same-day shipping, the site took 3 days to update to say the product was shipped, and send me an email to let me know that had happened.
2. About a week later the company sent me a shipping number to track the parcel through Australia Post. This shipping number did not work at Aust. Post. After several emails telling me to keep trying the number, the company told me that the Post Office had returned the boxsets and that they would let me know when the item was reposted.
3. This never happened.
4. Today I received the boxset. The set is complete and a random testing of several disks suggests that they will play. However, the quality is pretty random... here's some of my observations:
1. There is no consistent menu system across the seasons... On some of the disks you have to sit through the whole title sequence of the show before getting to the menu.
2. Some menus are also displayed in chinese? not sure because I don't read chinese.
3. The menu selection is listed by chapter, not by episode. This makes it hard to know which episode you are watching.
4. This is the STINKER! - The episodes appear to have been copied from the SciFi channel. Some of the episodes start a little way into the episode, some start with a "previously on stargate atlantis". I have not yet watched enough to see whether there is any ad-breaks but it wouldn't surprise me as I have done some research since my initial purchase and read that other people have experienced this.
The verdict is as follows:
1. poor quality / probably illegally pirated material
2. poor communication
3. poor service
I would not buy from this company again, even though it was quite a bit cheaper than buying from the local retailer. Even though the show appears to play, it's just not worth the anxiety.