DVDbooster / Scam

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

After doing some checks about the website, it looked legit, even offering payment through paypal. I ordered a Michael Jackson Ultimate DVD collection for $89.00 with free shipping. I paid through paypal and got confirmations by e-mail. The confirmation showed a name of receiver as Zhang Yu with an e-mail of bluefreen@gmail.com.

When I checked back the next day to see delivery status, the website was nowhere to be found. I have sent e-mails to the seller without reply. It has now been 4 days and the site is still nowhere to be found and no response from seller. I will be contacting paypal to see if they can do anything.

As a note, the company is/ was based in Australia .If anyone has additional details please post them here.

An

Comments

• Jj
      29th of Jun, 2009

i've had the exact same problem. Please let me know how you go.

30th of Jun, 2009

Hi,

I have ordered the same DVD set for Micheal Jackson and I'm having the same problem.
    so I dont know what to do...how do I get my money back.

30th of Jun, 2009

Hi,

Just called Paypal, was advised to waite 7 days till after goods purchase, if we dont receive goods/tracking number then we should call paypall and dispute it.

so please call Pay pall so theres a record in your account before 7 days period. and if you didnt receive the goods call them again.

hope this helpss!!

• Am
      1st of Jul, 2009

I order yes your baby can read from dvdbooster.com last Friday 6/29/09 did you ever have any luck getting your stuff or did the seller contact you through paypal? I just opened a dispute today because I had the EXACT same problem you did. I may contact my bank to see if I can do anything.

1st of Jul, 2009

To all affected buyers, here is an update. I have contacted Paypal, (they were very understanding) and have escalated my dispute to a claim. I therefore no longer have to try and contact the seller, as Paypal will look after everything from here.

I did direct the agent to look at this website and confirm that other buyers are affected by this same issue. I encourage you to contact Paypal and make a "claim" once you have not received your order yet. Remember you must file a dispute first online through Paypal.

The positive thing was that the agent assured me they will get the seller to provide a valid tracking number, or force a refund from the seller's account. It should be resolved within 12 - 13 days. Hopefully this will get us buyers our order or our money back. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Thanks Andy,

I have spoken with paypal, at this stage it seems like the best thing to do. Just provide the website in question and mention that others have been affected. Looks like the entire process may take up to 12 days for paypal to assess and retrieve money.

It was concering though that the phone/fax number DVDbooster provided is invalid, likewise, their address details vary depending on what site you look at, again their information is not consistent.

6th of Jul, 2009

Hello All,

couple of updates. Paypal has been able to contact the seller and got a response. (Funny they did not reply to the 5 e-mails I sent). They have provided a tracking number for Canada Post since my order is being shipped here. However the tracking number is not recognized when I checked online at CP, so I will call on Monday.

The website for dvdbooster is up and running again (new look), but "strangely" when I try to log in, it tells me I am not authorized to veiw this page. If there is no delivery by Tuesday 07, Paypal will further investigate. If I do get delivery, and I say "if", I wonder if there will be some other problem, like missing dvd's or poor quality...we'll see.

I will update as I know more.

• Gj
      10th of Jul, 2009

I've had the same problem as well. Ordered on 6/24, haven't received anything, and can't get a response from dvdbullsh*t.com. Very frustrated, but will be contacting paypal as well. Thanks to all for your updates and advice.

• Gj
      10th of Jul, 2009

On another note, it looks like this website no longer accepts PayPal. They are going with something called Paymate now, which I had never heard of before. Hope this doesn't mean that they cashed out PayPal, closed the account ending all communication, and reopened with another service to do the same to others; thus ending any hope of getting our money back.

Andy, did you ever receive your order by any chance? I'm guessing not.

• Fi
      13th of Jul, 2009

I ordered the exact same product and have not received a response from the seller.

Has anyone finally received the dvd box set? or received a response from the seller? or got their money back from paypal?

15th of Jul, 2009

Say goodbye to your money people.

Spoken with paypal and there is nothing they can do. They will only cover/reimburse you if your item was purchased through ebay, as this was not through ebay we are not covered.

I have checked with my credit card company, there is also nothing they can do.

I received my item, but was blatantly counterfeit.

Anyone else received anything / got a refund?

• Fi
      21st of Jul, 2009

I received the wrong item and the seller won't reply back to my emails. Nor will they reply back to paypal's emails.

So I'm stuck with the wrong item which isn't even in english. It doesn't even have english subtitles, which the dvdbooster.com website described it would have.

The dvdbooster.com website doesn't even allow me to post up feedback/comments.

Dvdbooster.com = complete bootleg and FAKE!!!

1st of Aug, 2009

Hi,

I received the dvd box, the wrong items tooooooo, its not the true copy its a fake!!!
    what a dissapointing way to waste money...

same story pay pal cant do much!!

6th of Aug, 2009

Hello all,

sorry for the late reply. I did receive the DVD box set, and yes they were all bootlegs. The quality was poor and some had only chinese commentary, no subtitles. Paypal did investigate, even though it was not bought through ebay, it is their policy to act on complaints.

Paypal contacted the seller and asked for proof of delivery. I was advised that if I did not receive the order in 30 days, Paypal would have refunded the money. I also contacted my credit card company, and they said they would honour a refund for non receipt of merchandise.

However, the seller did provide a tracking number eventually, and the order arrived about 6 days later. By this time I was fed up and just decided to bite the bullet and call it a loss, with the order being a bootleg.

As if I did not learn my lesson, I bought the exact same thing from a seller on ebay, (lots of MJ dvd sets there) for around the same price. Want to know something fishy? The dvd set was shipped from exactly the same place as the one on dvdbooster (shangai, china) and yes it also was a complete bootleg.

I did return it, and got a full refund. My advice to all, lots of scams out there with fake dvd's, stick to legit well known sites, and call your credit card company to find out what is their policy for online orders that do not arrive /wrong item...there is a legal clause in your agreement that protects the consumer, you just have to ask the bank the right question, so they can admit it.