DVD World, Inc. / Horrfic BBB Complaint - Unresponsive

DVD World, Inc.
63 McGaw Ave
Lake Grove
Phone: 631-580-0101
BUYER'S BEWARE!!! They've had 119 complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau in NYC within the past 12 months, and have only responded to 3 complaints according to the BBB records; and, they only resolved 2 complaints to the customer's satisfaction of the 119 complaints. Like the others, I filed a complaint with the BBB in NYC and have not recived any response from DVD World Inc. I ordered $200 worth of DVDs and after 6 weeks still have not received them, nor have they ever responded to any of my email inquiries regarding tracking information. Their voicemail has been full for a month so you cannot leave a message. Also, their web site was down for 4 days in a row a few weeks ago. ??? Their web site is in business, but I'm not sure the company is. I consider them scam artist for having a we site in business while they are totally unresponsive to any communication and do not deliver goods ordered. Another Bernard Madoff?

D  30th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The DVD World Company is not a member of the BBB, therefore we do not respond to their letters. We are a certified merchant of Yahoo, BizRate, PriceGrabber, BuySafe and many other online specific certification companies. We stand among the highest ratings on through those companies.
A  4th of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You are a loser scam artist. I can not beleive you won't respond to people who have actually given you money, but you will go on public forums like this to argue with people. I hope you burn in hell.
D  26th of Apr, 2011 by
We respond to every customer that contacts us by any of our support options.
A  20th of Jun, 2011 by
I purchased five items from them within the past three months and received nothing. When I tried telephoning there was no return call. An email was sent to me indicating that they only have telephone customer service to take orders but would look into the non-receipt. This was two months ago without further word from them. You judge the professionalism. They are an absolute scam. If you deal with them use Paypal to protect yourself, as it is very unlikely you will receive what you have ordered. They will acknowledge receipt and say items are shipped and can provide no tracking information. This date I received notice of a refund for my second purchase. Why? Because I filed a claim with Paypal relative to their dishonest business practices.

I have also filed a claim/complaint with the New York AG's office as they list their corporate address in New York, although my guess is that is also a sham.

A  15th of Jul, 2011 by
Ordered a few DVDs, got a prompt response, payment processeing and a USPS tracking number. USPS stated nothing was shipped. No response from the seller. After 2 weeks created a dispute in PayPal (just my hunch to use PayPal, turned out to be so lucky). Finally got response from the seller admitting the order could not be "located" and promising to send a new shipment. They had the nerve to suggest I should return the order if I'd got doubles. 3 weeks this time... nothing, not even a tracking number (?!). Finally got my refund from PayPal.