DVD Media Star / Terrible experience

My order was for "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles". I paid a total of 87.95 including shipping. I was very disappointed with the product that you provided. The picture quality was very poor. (grainy as if copied from an 8 hour VHS tape on to DVD). The episodes had pieces of television commercials. The logo for a cable TV channel was on some pictures. The entire series is obviously a pirated copy and not from Lucas Film. I demand a full refund of my entire purchase price and cost for shipping. I will return the merchandise to you after I receive my refund if Lucas Film has not demanded it as evidence for criminal prosecution.

Comments

• Th
      9th of Sep, 2008

I ordered the series Mannix and episodes were missing, some discs wouldn't play, the picture and sound was awful and some episodes were repeated three times!

• Na
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I ORDERED THE COMPLEAT TWILIGHT ZONE 40TH ANNV . ONE OF THE DISKS WAS THE SAME AS ONE BUT LABLED WITH ANOTHER NUMBER. I HAVE WRITTEN THEM THREE TIME AND SO FAR HAVE RECEIVED NO ANSWER. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH.

18th of Oct, 2008

I ordered the boxed DVD set of BJ and the bear and when I received them, many of the episodes kept freezing up throughout the shows. The quality was terrible. Don't do business with them.

• Ta
      3rd of Nov, 2008

There was a story about this on the news. And yes I was also a victim of giving this company my money and getting poor bootlegs that were copied from VHS to DVD. The most disturbing part is that my bank account was wiped clean by this company. Beware and I hope others will be able to read our warnings before they are scammed like us hard working honest souls.

• Dw
      7th of Nov, 2008

Yup, add me to that list. I saw the link on eBay so I'll report to them that someone advertising there is selling counterfeit goods.

• Fr
      8th of Nov, 2008

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I ordered the Alfred Hitchcock Hour total collection & paid $87.90. I NEVER received the order & they kept my money. I contacted them countless numbers of times & just received lame excuses that the "order was on it's way" & I should be receiving it soon but never did. Take my advice & STAY AWAY FROM DVDMediaStar.com!!! They are rip-off artists!

• Ta
      8th of Nov, 2008

I can only pray that other hard working people will be able to read my message before they give this company credit card information and place an order. This company will take and sell your credit card info. When you get your order it will be a bootleg not an original and epidoses will be missing. Yes its criminal but its true. If you really want that special series from the past why not just watch it for free off Youtube. Best Wishes. If you need any advice please email me at noahswater2006@juno.com

13th of Nov, 2008
    DVD Media Star - BUNCH OF SHISTERS
    DVD Media Star
    Canada
    dvdmediastar.com

Take my advice--save your hard-earned money and DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM DVD MEDIA STAR.

I ordered a DVD collection of the Mission Impossible series (for $98.00) and never received any merchandise. I only received a $98.00 debit to my credit card.

I have contacted them numerous time informing them that I did not receive merchandise--all I have gotten is the run around and excuses.

Please don't fall for the scam!!!

24th of Nov, 2008

Well, I was one of those who thought I would never fall prey to an internet scam. I did. I ordered the box set of Chips and was sadly dissapointed. Everyone is correct in that these are the worst of pirates. Its grainy and you can only tell its recorded off television.
    I can only pray that one day these two idiots that are ripping people off that only want to recapture or revisit their childhood, will be in a position that a federal prisoner will make them their sweethearts.
    I miss the days of old when you could actually trust some people, now I trust no one and who knows maybe I"ll fly to canada and visit their company headquaters. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. IF THE ORIGINAL COMPANY SUCH AS WARNER BROTHERS FOR EXAMPLE DOESN'T RELEASE THE SERIES YOUR WANTING THEN EVERYTHING OUT THERE FOR SALE IS A FAKE...JUST LIKE THESE ###!!!

• Pl
      26th of Nov, 2008

Thank you all for your reviews! I googled "DVDMedia Star reviews" (which brought me to this site) before I purchased from this company - and I'm really glad I did. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to write a review to help other consumers make an informed choice.

• Ro
      4th of Dec, 2008
    DVD Media Star - CROOKS, LIARS AND THIEVES
    Media Monster
    West Virginia
    Phone: 304-472-5712

Pirated copies with very poor video and audio.
    My daughter and I both ordered a set with both sets to be shipped to one address and only one set was sent and it is the worst I have ever seen. Beware of these crooks.

• Ph
      31st of Jan, 2009

My husband ordered the complete Sherlock Holmes, We started watching and every one was damged. We have contacted them several times and they keep telling us to send back the damaged discs without giving us return information. I think we will have to eat these.

• Ro
      5th of Feb, 2009
    DVD Media Star - Terrible company
    DVD Media Star
    dvdmediastar.com

I purchased the 'Complete Perry Mason' collection from DVD MediaStar in November of last year as a Christmas present. After receiving the package I was a little suspicious (ie;packaging) so I randomly played some of the DVD's. Since the Perry Mason TV series was black and white and aired in the 50's, I thought I might be too critical and proceeded to give the DVD's as a present. To my surprise, I watched the DVD's in there entirety and found, some to be un-viewable and some had parts of commercials that had not been completely edited out. Even one had the beginning of a wrestling program!

I e-mailed support@dvdmediastar.com and they offered (1)$40 refund and keep the DVD's or (2) return for a refund, less shipping. (I selected the full refund.) They said to wait for return instructions. As time went by, I contacted MediaStar again. Their reply was they had had a mix-up, but would send my request for a full refund to their accounting department. Again I waited. Contacted them again. Their response was did I have a PayPal account. I responded that I did and is how I paid for the order in the first place (thank God that I didn't give them a credit card number). They said they needed to find out from PayPal how to do the refund.

Again I waited. I contacted them again and they responded (as if this was a new complaint) and offered (1) a $30 refund and keep the DVD's or (2) a full refund less shipping. Again, I selected the full refund. Their response was that their accounting department would contact me within 24-48 hours. That was last week!!!

It's obvious that I been 'had'. What makes me angry is the same DVD's are still being offered on their website, as I write this letter!

LESSON; Don't order from this website!!

22nd of Feb, 2009
    DVD Media Star - CROOKS, LIARS AND THIEVES
    DVD MEDIA STAR
    Canada
    DVDMEDIASTAR.COM

Stay away from these liars!!! DVD Media Star must be operated out of the corner of someone's spare bedroom. I ordered a set of "Mission Impossible" DVDs, and it's been an impossible mission getting the merchandise. I never received the DVDs; of course, DVD Media Star billed by credit card for $98.00.

I went to the website and there is no phone number listed. I
    e-mailed the company and was told that they were sending out another set of DVDs (the first set must have been lost). I guess the second set was lost too...never received them either. I got my credit card company involved and finally got a refund in the form of a money order.

Don't waste your time--DVD Media Star is not reputable. They are a bunch of liars, crooks, shysters, and thieves.

HOLD ON TO YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

11th of Apr, 2009

I purchased the complete Gunsmoke collection and How the West
    was won series. They were of poor quality. They were loaded with
    glitches and miss numbered episodes. I contacted them several
    times, with out any response. They are quick to bill your account,
    but drag their feet in the refund and return of their faulty products.
    It seems to me they are waiting for the 30 day lapse period, so they can
    say, " we can't do a thing for you because your trial period is over."
    These scammers really p----d me off. In all my life, I have never been
    shafted like this before.
    Sincerely, Raymond Chico

11th of Apr, 2009
    DVD Media Star - Faulty dvds
    Raymond Chico
    Port Orchard
    Washington

I purchased the complete Gunsmoke and How the West was won
    series collections. They were of poor quality. They were loaded
    with glitches and miss numbered episodes. I contacted them several
    times, without any response. They were quick to bill my account,
    but drag their feet in return and refund of their faulty dvds.
    It seems to me they are waiting for the 30 day trial period to lapse.
    This way they can say, " we can't do a thing for you because your
    trial period is over." These scammers really p----d me off.In all my
    life, I have been shafted like this.These people show alot of poor
    customer relations and business practices.They ship out of a province
    called: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. There isn't a record of them
    there. All they have is their customer support email.Need I say more?
    Sincerely Raymond Chico

• Me
      16th of Jun, 2010

I wish I had seen this sight before I shelled out over 200.00 for the complete set of BONANZA. Actually, it is not all the episodes that were televised in the 14 years the show was on. I also had a few discs that were missing shows or the last episode on the disc had only five minutes taped. Of course I have emailed them several times looking for replacements of half taped episodes, with no response.
    Ellen

• Pa
      30th of Jun, 2010

Thinking I was dealing with a credible company I returned the faulty DVD set of Scarecrow and Mrs. King. (The oddest of the poor quailty set was the one show which played backwards.) Now no refund, no e-mail response, and no DVD set. Purchased elsewhere.

Paul

12th of Apr, 2011

Never buy anything from this company. I purchased my item in December and it's now mid April. My dvd box set that I paid over 100 bucks was delivered to England first, and then to Australia. Yes, they shipped it twice and got the shipping address wrong. I still haven't received my item and they won't reply to my emails. I now have to go through my bank and possibly involve a lawyer to see about a refund. Horrible experience and will definitely not purchase anything from this company ever again.

• Be
      14th of Jun, 2011

I would like to add my disappointment to this long list. I tried to purchase DVDs from Media Star and once I finally got them, they did not play in either of my DVD players. I emailed and asked what to do. They were quick to advise that I try other disc which also did not work. I mailed them back over a month ago and used the tracking with USPS as that advised. I read on the USPS website that the DVD's were delivered. Now they will not reply to my emails nor have they refunded my money. I am in the process of notify my credit card company to get them involved to see if I will get my money back. TERRIBLE Service!!! I will NEVER buy anything from this company and advise others to BEWARE of the SCAMS!!!