DVD Mania / Third Watch DVD Set

1 362 Washington St.Taunton, MA, United States Review updated:

I ordered the the DVD set of Third Watch all the seasons. The very first DVD wouldn"t play it was scrambled, but the next DVD played, so I continued to slowly go through the DVD"s enjoying the show until I got to Disc 7. Disc 7 would not play, an error message came up on the DVD player and the TV screen and it did this through disc 7 to the last disc 18. I do not have the receipt because i was stupid enough to think everything was OK with the DVD"s. I am very upset, I really like the show now I can't watch it and I"m out of money. I will never do business with DVD Mania again and I will tell everyone I know to never purchase anything from them.

Sarah Curley

Comments

• Ni
      6th of Jan, 2009
    DVD Mania - SCAM
    DVD MANIA
    Massachusetts

I ordered from this company on Dec. 9th the complete collection of Boston Public episodes. Everything seemed okay and two days later I recieved an email saying my order was successfully processed. However nothing happened. I realized I didn't have a phone number to call them because there isn't one on their website. I looked up the company and saw a list of complaints about the same thing happening to other people. I also saw that all the dvds are bootlegged and some even have chinese subtitles. They are all horrible quality and some do not even work. I sent a reply from the email I recieved a few days after Christmas asking for a tracking number but no response. I was very angry so i sent a email to the address under where it says contact us. I called them unprofessional and threatened to dispute the charge on my credit card. The next day (Jan. 2) I recieved an email saying my order had been shipped. So far nothing came. I am waiting to see if it ever does.
    To anyone thinking of buying from them, DO NOT. It is a scam.

• Lo
      15th of Jan, 2009
    DVD Mania - dvds are not watchable
    all i know is dvd mania.com
    403 park ave.
    Thomasville
    Georgia
    Phone: 229-236-5566
    littledove68@yahoo.com

i ordered a set of dvds of the rifleman show on tv. i sent them 92.00 dollars. once i got them, they don"t play very well. they skip and jump.the people i got them fromnever sent a real address to me.it came from china. the shipping lable was none readable.know i can't find them on the web, please find these people before some body else gets their money taken also.thank you for listeningto me .i just don't have the money for this i'm kind of dumb at stuff like this. this is first time i bought anything off the internet. thanks lou davis

• Kr
      14th of Feb, 2009
    DVD Mania - poor quality copyright infringment
    dvd mania
    dvdmania.com

i ordered a smurf dvd set from dvd mania. this product is of unacceptable quality. some of the disks are missing, half of the ones that are there do not work and the ones that do are riddled with commercials, jumbled, blurry and recorded off of cartoon network. the website offers returns for unsatisfied customers yet ignore the many request i have made.upon googling the mname of the company i cam across a slew of people who posted messages with the exact problems. this is unacceptable and should not be allowed to continue.

• Do
      2nd of Apr, 2009
    DVD Mania - Poor business practices/quality
    TV DVD Mania aka DVDPlanetStore

I order a DVD box set on March 19 and it is April 2 and I haven't received it. I have sent numerous emails in which no reply received. How can I get a refund from this company

• Iv
      6th of Apr, 2009
    DVD Mania - Pirated Discs
    DVD Mania
    United Kingdom

Please Don't Send This Company Your Hard Earned Money!!! You will receive pirated/dubbed DVDs that have been copied from old video cassette tapes that look horrible! I ordered the "Perry Mason" collection DVDs that they advertise as "First Quality", "Factory Fresh" discs. What I got was the worst DVDs I've ever seen to this day. They are copied from VHS that dates back to around 1990 according to the "commercials" that are included in the copies. The DVDs even have the "Hallmark", "WGN" and TVLand icons in the lower right hand corner. These guys are scam artists and please don't deal with them! Save your money.

13th of Apr, 2009
    DVD Mania - Poor business practices/quality
    TV DVD Mania
    Texas

Ordered a complete set of Murder She Wrote for about half what Amazon had it, and Amazon didn't offer the complete set. This was for my wife for a Christmas present. I ordered in late November, expecting a '10-15 day delivery' time. With my credit card...

December 23 and no DVDs. Email requests never answered. Early January, still no dvds or answers, I turned it over to the fraud department of my credit card company. Here's what they found out...

The company is operated out of China. My cc card company never got replies from them, either.

Mid February, I get the DVDs in the mail. Yes, based on the markings on the outside, it did indeed come from the Orient.

The DVDs were made from television broadcasts; however, none of the advertisements from those broadcasts were included, except for the trailing ads for the next thing on the Bio channel. Out of the 80 or so episodes we have watched to date, 10 of them were unwatchable due to blocks on the videos and skips in the scenes though the discs are all physically without scratches.

Early March, my credit card company informed me they had heard from them and DVD Mania provided proof that I accepted the DVDs. I'm like, okay, they simply showed up in the mail, I never signed for anything. Rather than try to return them and get a full refund, I choose to hang on to them.

Beware, yall, ordering ANYTHING online from anybody. Check em out first. Wish I'd spent 5 minutes doing that before I had the dollar signs burn a hole in my pocket.