DVD Donkey / Paid items never shipped/arrived!

United States Review updated:

I placed an order through DVD Donkey on October 13, 07. They state that items will be shipped within 2-4 weeks and that they would send me an e-mail confirmation of my purchase. Luckily I printed my invoice from their website at the time of ordering bc I never received an email confirmation. Second, I was quoted: $199.99 for a DVD box set + $31.99 shipping = $231.18. My credit card was charged $238.32 3 days later - that's $7 too much! Finally after four weeks of waiting for my items to arrive I tried calling their 1877# for answers - but every time I've waited on hold and in the end get only an answering machine. I tried sending them a personal e-mail and got no response. I tried sending them a message from their "Contact Us" page (which by the way loads wrong so you can not easily send them a message...coincidence...I dont think so) and got no reply. I also tried contacting them through their 24hr online chat support - and the woman Karen with whom I spoke was of no help whatsoever! I am going to file a complaint with the online Better Business Bureau www.bbbonline.org and anybody else who has had problems with this company should do the same!

Comments

Ka
  18th of Nov, 2007
I also ordered a DVD Set from DVD Donkey. I was waiting for an e-mail confirmation as they said one would be sent out to me in 24-48 hrs. I never received an e-mail. When I went back to the site to check out the page again that had my order on it, I could not get it up. I attempted to reorder the set as I felt the first order did not go through. STUPID. The same thing happened. No page to show that I ordered any DVD. I attempted to e-mail this outfit, however the site was fixed so I could not send an e-mail to them. I then attempted to call them, however I was on hold for quite awhile, then the voice on the phone said all lines were busy, and that I should leave a message on the answering machine and I would get a reply back as soon as possible. That was a bunch of BS. When I did attempt to contact this outfit for a 2nd time I realized too late as many DVD DONKEY buyers have found out, I should not have attempted another order with them. The DVD Sets were suppose to have excellent color, picture and audio. It was stated that there would be a money back guarantee if the DVD set was not what it lived up to be. I would like to also mention that I have had trouble with a similar web site. DVDPlanet.org. There is a legit web site that is DVD Planet .com. But the problem site was DVDPlanet.org. My nephew who is a very good with computers and works with computers for his job thought that the site DVD Planet .org and DVD Donkey were safe sites. He was even fooled. I mention DVD PLANET.Org as I believe they are one in the same with DVD DONKEY. (For purposes of not slandering anyone, I am not accusing DVDPLANET.org with anything), however after reading the complaints from DVD Donkey, and my feeble attempt to contact them, (the same problem I had with DVDPlanet.org), I believe it is a good possibility that both sites are linked. So please be aware that I had major problems from the DVDPLANET.org site as has the people who have complaints about DVD Donkey. I was lucky enough to receive the product from DVDPLANET.org. However it was badly put together. At he bottom of the page which tells you about the DVD SET you are ordering is the following: 1) The set was to be of absolute 100% quality and sound. 2) It was suppose to have colored art work. 3) The shows were in chronological order. Everything that was said about the professionalism of the DVD's were completely bogus. I had to throw out my DVD Set as it was so bad, I couldn't watch it. The set cost me around $80.00. I now believe that this set was not authentic nor legit. I think the complaints board needs to check on copyright and infringement rights concerning a lot of these DVD Sets. I bought the set under false pretenses. The set I bought was the western show Lancer". I think the studio also needs to be checking on copyright and infringement rights. I wish I still had the set, but I stupidly threw it out as it wasn't worth watching. I now believe that it was copied right from the television onto VHS Tapes )which is only what we used years ago). That is why the coloring, picture and audio were extremely bad. These people copy the shows off of VHS Tapes to DVD's, and then they throw them into blank c.d. jackets and make tons of money off of us "suckers". It makes me extremely angry that anyone would do this to anyone else. That is why I believe the two are connected. I'm sorry to make this so long, however I want buyers to know how bad my web site was for ordering and to hopefully save them the agony that I have been through, not to mention that I am now out $80.00. Please please be extremely aware of the above mentioned web sites, and only order from legit sites such as Amazon, e-bay and so on. Someone is making a lot of money off of us and I would love to see them get caught and punished. This has been a big heartache and disappointment to me.

P.S. I cannot remember or find the third site that I checked out, but I believe that the third web site could very well be connected with the other two sites. It is set up exactly as the other two.
Thank you for allowing me the long note to everyone. I just do not want to see anyone else get taken.
Jo
  6th of Dec, 2007
Thanks for the info, I was suspect of both these sites, but thought DVD Donkey looked more legit. Another site that is set up the same is DVDcompilations.com. AnimeFirst.com. raises some questions as well, has anyone had dealings with them?
Da
  10th of Dec, 2007
It's been a month waiting for a $60 box set of "Wings". They have my money. All I have is an email saying that it was reshipped because it was sent to the wrong address. They gave a "guaranteed" arrival date, but that has passed (twice now). Even though they say on the website that there is tracking, there is none. It is a scam. Beware. Don't buy anything online with a debit card, use only credit cards. The law will eventually catch up with them, if I have anything to say about it. I will not let this go. Do not purchase anything from this company or any company without completely researching it first for scams.
Da
  10th of Dec, 2007
Forgot to mention that the site was DVDPlanet. org
Mi
  12th of Dec, 2007
DVDPLanet and DVDCollections seem to be one in the same, and like Dana I too have not received the product and it's been a month. I was also told that it ahd to be re-shipped because of the wrong address. My gurarateed arrival date has passed twice as well. I am also going to pursur legal actions.

I paid $59.99 on my credit card for supposedly 67 episodes of the Boris Karloff series Thriller. This was one of the Christmas presents I bought for my boyfriend, so now I'm scrambling to find it through Ebay because it's a very hard to find item and really wanted him to have it for Christmas.

Such a shame!
Mo
  14th of Dec, 2007
i wanted to get a gift for my mother, so i came up with a good one: surprising her with the entire series of Martin (the Martin Lawrence show) which she loves so much. i searched the web and came across thedvdplanet.org. the design of the site raised some suspicion, but the fact that it has the locked icon and the https makes u feel like its secure. so i placed my order and entered all my information. luckily b4 i placed the final order and enter my card infomation, i had a gut feeling that i should do a little research to see if there have been any problems with this site. so i did and viola! withing a few moments i found several complaints about the site, as mentioned in the posts above, poor quality, never receiving the item etc etc. The item was priced $51.00 plus free christmas shipping special! Thank you all for reporting these scammers and helping expose them and save the rest of us from falling into their scams. sooner or later the law will catch up with them. it doesn't take too long to find a complaint about a site if there is one. Do some RESEARCH!
Li
  17th of Dec, 2007
I placed an order with The DVD Planet also known as Universal Gift Ventures on 11/14. I was later sent an email stating that my order was shipped to an incorrect address . They said they re-shipped my order but that there was a problem with their shipping department and they were correcting the problem by sending the orders out manually. Furthermore, by shipping it manually it was impossible to give me a tracking number. I still haven't received my order, in over a month, and the promised delivery date from each update and come and gone. The last promised date was Dec 6-8.

Since other people are reporting the exact same identical problems, this company has me very worried. Has anyone been able to get their money back? What legal recourse do we have?
Li
  17th of Dec, 2007
p.s. I meant to say this is the dvdplanet.org which I came to find out is totally different from the legit dvdplanet.com. No affiliation at all.
Jo
  18th of Dec, 2007
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANIMEFIRST.COM.
ON DEC 1/07 I PURCHASED INUYASHA COMPLETE AT 195.00 US INCLUDING SHIPPING. IT IS NOW DEC 18/07 AND NO PRODUCT. INVOICE SAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING # THAT WAS BOGUS. I HAVE SENT 6 EMAILS AND NO RESPONSE. THE MATTER IS NOW WITH PAYPAL FOR A CLAIM. THIS SITE IS A COMPLETE SCAM. IT USES YAHOO E COMMERCE, BUT WITH NO FEEDBACK PAGE. I WONDER WHY. THESE MOFO'S ARE GOING DOWN.
Mi
  23rd of Dec, 2007
DVDplanet.org is a HUGE rip off. I agree with John.. They are going down and I will do everything in my power (including contacting the Canandian govt) I heard they were in Canada.
Vi
  4th of Jan, 2008
I am new to this and wanted to get Sailor Moon and another anime show for my daughters. This was on the 26th of Dec. and have received payment confirmation from paypal, and reciept from animefirst.com for 125.00.
I checked the tracking code and the USPS said they were contacted on the 28th by the seller and told to "expect" my package, but nothing yet. Then I went directly to the animefirst tracking service and they claim that the package shipped. I am so annoyed!
I have sent two e mails and did a little digging around with the e mail addy that was given to me as being the seller. It turns out that that person used to sell on e-bay and had 92% positive fededback, but they are no longer there (since 06). I tried to look up the profile on yahoo and couldn't.

I hope others do thier research. I also hope that if something is wrong - they get caught.
Na
  4th of Feb, 2008
Has anyone ever got money back from the DVD donkey website? I placed an order in October 07 for the full fresh Prince of Bel Air boxset . It all seemed really legit until they said they tried to deliver but the business was closed (hard when it was going to my home address ). I talked to someone on liveperson and they said they had the wrong address and they would re- deliver within 14 days . Still nothing. they sent an email saying they had refunded my account in full but they did not. Its now been nearly 4 months and nothing... You would think the name DVD donkey would have give us some kind of clues!