DVD Compilations / Did not receive Carol Burnett Collection DVD's

Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
It a SCAM! DO NOT TRY TO ORDER FROM THEM! And if you have already, I'm sure you lost your money! Also, keep an eye on your credit card. They may try to use it or sell your number!

I ordered the Carol Burnett DVD series for a Christmas present in the beginning of December 07 and was to receive it by December 17. It's still not here yet and...I'm sure it will neve come!!! I can no longer access their website and my emails cannot be delivered! It's a diffinite Scam!

Comments

Aw
  22nd of Dec, 2007
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DVD COMPILATIONS!!! The company sucks, it's a scam. Don't waste your money!! Ordered a DVD Series well over a month ago and they have never sent it, NEVER gave an email confirmation, tracking information, etc... Oh, but sure as hell charged the good ol' credit card!!! They are a rip off, liars and cheats!! Don't even try to open www.dvdcompilations.com because it doesn't exist anymore... Don't try to contact the horrible customer service. It's just an answering machine. TERRIBLE COMPANY!!
  26th of Dec, 2007
I order the complete set of the muppets series. I did get the dvd but found out that were just a copy off the disney channel. The picture was very scratchy and the first dvd did not load. I noticed that the web site does not exist anymore. I have contacted my bank and i will close out the account. There should be some way to found out who these people are and something should be done about them.
Va
  31st of Dec, 2007
Order not received, no answer to emails!
Ro
  31st of Dec, 2007
Ordered Matlock DVD set and never received it, tried to E-MAIL them about this problem but never got any response back, I wish I could get my money back, this cost me $170.00! Beware people!
Va
  2nd of Jan, 2008
I purchased Carol Burnet movies for my mom for Christmas on the 10 of December and hve not recieved my order. As I can tell by everyone elses complaints I am not the only one. They no longer have a web site and never gave a number or a tracking number or aything like that. Not A Happy person.
  4th of Jan, 2008
I am in the same boat! I ordered the entire series of Nash Bridges at $120 including shipping. Got the tracking number. Nothing every arrived so I called the Canada Post who said it arrived in the destination Country and to contact the merchant. You can not get back into their website but I found and email address and emailed them with no response. I'm contacting my bank to dispute the charge and have them look into it.
Da
  4th of Jan, 2008
I, as well, have been scammed. I tried to give them a second chance after reading the other complaints (even after their website wouldn’t load – how naïve can I be??!); however I still have not received my order which was to arrive by December 24th and have not received an email response to my email requesting status. I should have trusted my instincts! Order Number: 53002
Da
  4th of Jan, 2008
That is not the address and phone of the company. I had no address for them.
Fr
  4th of Jan, 2008
I am so upset to read all these comments about DVDcompilations, I thought maybe I had been scammed, but after reading all the comments here, I know that I have. I ordered The transformers dvd collection on Dec. 10th received two emails from them stating that I would receive my order by christmas eve, but i have never received anything. I have emailed them several times. but have gotten no reply. There must be something we can all do about this. If someone has the answer please let us know.

Thanks!
Na
  12th of Jan, 2008
This company offered DVDs so I ordered "Angry Beavers Complete Series". It came in the mail and every DVD was of very bad quality. They were very blurry. I tried to contact the company and they are no longer on the internet.
  14th of Jan, 2008
It looks like a lot of people have been scammed. It seems like there is some way to track these people. Those of you who actually received something (though probably defective) might be able to use a return address/PO Box through the shipping company to find out something. Banks and credit card companies would have information as to what account our money was transferred to... possibly with a person or address connected to the account.

Just some thoughts. We are checking our bank. Canada has a Better Business Bureau... but I don't know if they can be of much help after the scam has occurred?? Beware this company is probably still operating -- just under a new name and a new website.

Thanks for letting me vent.
  14th of Jan, 2008
We too never received the dvd's we ordered. No resonse to emails, etc.

I've been thinking of possible ways to find out who these people are. If you are one of persons who actually received something from them - is there a way you can use return PO Box address or tracking numbers through the post office/shipping company to trace where the package origninated??

Also, it might be possible for our bank or credit card company to trace where they sent our funds. There had to be some account that our money was transferred to... and maybe some way to find out who the account belonged to.

Each individual order might not warrant the effort to track these people down -- but it sounds like alot of people were scammed... probably totaling alot of money. This company has probably just changed their website and name... and are still scamming people.

Thanks for letting me vent!!
  14th of Jan, 2008
Do companies have to give physical addresses to get a web.com. Maybe there is information on record for this scam company? Anyone know about this? Or how to research it??

Thanks.
Lo
  14th of Jan, 2008
I also ordered the Carol Burnett DVD and totally got screwed! Their website looked totally legit. Beware!
St
  25th of Jan, 2008
I ordered Witchblade the TNT series. It was advertised by this site a s brand new and still sealed in plastic.When it arrived not only was it not brand new it was a pirated copy. The TNT logo is in the lower right hand corner for gods shake.I emailed them about this and asked for a replacement. I want what I ordered.I have emailed them several times.No response. I have the email exchanges as well as the merchandise they sent me. Do not get ripped off. I see they are even selling on EBAY. Watch out.I want my money back! They are still in business by using Ebay and probably other such websites.I hope they are found and stopped soon.
La
  29th of Jan, 2008
I too purchased a DVD set from DVD Compilations for my Mom for Christmas - I received the product but instead of receiving Disk 1 & 2 of the set, I received 2 of Disk 2. When I contacted them, they told me that they would refund my money and but I didn't need to return the product. At that time I knew something was wrong. Not only was it a bootlegged version of the DVD set but the return address on the package was invalid. I never received my refund. I contacted the RCMP Fraud Department and gave them all the information. It's so unfortunate that we have to share the world with disgusting people that have no conscience or morals.
Ka
  29th of Jan, 2008
I can't believe my eyes. My sons tried to order the Carol Burnet collection for my Birthday and were so excited to find it. When they did not get it in time they printed a picture to put in my card. We recieved conformation that the DVD was sent on 1/15/08. No DVD to date. Tired to email and leave voice message, still no response. Tried diferent times and days. DVD Avenue is a BIG SCAM!!!! Do not order from them!!!!
Mi
  1st of Feb, 2008
I ordered the Bonanza series and never received the item. Paid $189.63 for them. The company site is down and nobody will return my emails about the matter. BUYER BEWARE!
Ri
  24th of Apr, 2008
Anyone who got burned by DVD compilations may want to check out the site TVDVDSTORE.NET. Looks like they may have set up there.