DVD Avenue / Fraud & cheating!

1 UnknownUnknown, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-887469

I ordered a DVD collection from this online merchant on 11/24/07 and have not yet received my merchandise. Nor have I received an e-mail confirmation of my order as as stated in their website info. They were quick enough to process my credit card payment and that's all they have done. Numerous attempts to contact them via their toll free number [protected] have been to no avail, nor have my many e-mail to them been answered. I have filed a claim with my credit card provider to dispute the payment to them. I have made many purchases from other merchants online, and I have found them to reputable businesses. They were prompt in e-mail confirmations and timely delivery of their products.

This is the first time I have been victimized by an online merchant. I consider this company an outright fraud and strongly advise anyone from doing business with them. Hang on to your money!

Comments

St
  24th of Sep, 2007
DVD Avenue - DVDs are copies and service response is bogus!

This company is the same company that was also know as allmyfavoriteshows.com. The DVDs that were sent to me were poor copies and in my case (which was a 12 set DVD) some of the DVDs were duplicates. I contacted them several times by phone and by internet only to be told that they were sending me a replacement set at their expense with a return envelope for my faulty DVD set. This started on July 13 and it is now September 24. I have no other recourse than to caution others of my experience.

Jo
  13th of Nov, 2007

Recieved Tales From The Crypt series DVD's, cases damaged in shipment and promised a full refund. Never refunded, they will no longer return phone calls or e-mails. The site is "temporarily down" again. ANYONE FILING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT? I'LL JOIN!! Cost was $149.99 plus shipping. Will probably never see the "refund". DVD's are DVD-R copies from a video tape, poorest quality I've ever seen.

Ti
  12th of Dec, 2007

Strongly agree! I purchased a video series from this so called company. The picture quality was absolutely terrible along with the audio. Appeared to be "bootlegged" off of a "bootlegged" copy. After attempting to contact them via phone and e-mail to return item, I got no response. I too filed a dispute with my credit card company and will be supplying them with my evidence. Don't deal with this company!!!

Mi
  18th of Dec, 2007

I just reversed the charge on an order (I was too late reading this!). I never could get anyone on their phone, or any emails (both confirmations or replies to status checks). I did however get through via their chat line from the website, but each time got a different answer about the status of my order, as the tracking number was invalid via canadapost. So, please, everyone - stay clear of this obvious fraudhouse - or take your own chance!!!

(btw - while searching for the same DVD collection in google, I found several other sites that looked very similar to the DVD Avenue site, so beware and compare!)

Di
  21st of Jan, 2008

I too have been scammed by these jerks. Now I'm getting the run around by my Credit Card Company trying to get my money back!! Has ANYONE had any luck in getting a refund?? Please email me at greerbunch@aol.com if you have any suggestions!! I am out $107.00 and have gotten nothing in return buy lies and more lies!! I have even made a complaint to BBB but they have not even answered me!! I must have done something really bad in a past life-LOL HELP!!

Dianne

Su
  13th of Feb, 2008
DVD Avenue - Sending duplicate disks in boxset!
DVD Avenue
United Kingdom
www.dvdavenue.com

Purchased complete series of jag dvd's as shown on dvd craze website showing series 1-10, 41 dvds, 227 episodes. When dvds were received I only had 221 episodes and 5 of the discs were duplicates. Have emailed them several times and have had no response back from them.

Ma
  17th of Mar, 2008
DVD Avenue - Scam and cheating!
DVD avenue
www.DVDavenue.TV

The same people DVDplanet.org that got you people, Well, DVDavenue.tv got me as well. And by the way, Paul Jacobs,
called me last night if it was really him, and told me it was not his company that got me. It was DVDavenue.TV. I cannot get a hold of DVDplanet.tv at all...

Do
  9th of Jun, 2008

Never received my dvd of emergency the complete series paid 106.00. Beware all!

Ch
  10th of Jun, 2008

We purchased a tv series DVD for $175.71CAN. It has been 3 months and we have not received it.

Va
  18th of Jun, 2008
DVD Avenue - Fraud and scam
DVD Avenue
Phone: 877-788-7469
www.dvdavenue.tv

Originally place order in October of 2007. credit card was immediately charged for a total of $121.00. Was told I would receive a tracking number, but after 8 months still do not have one. I have tried numerous times to contact company by phone and email. They refuse to respond to my requests for information. I feel this company is a complete fraud and rip-off artists by preying on people that truly want a product.

I truly hope this company and those affiliated with it are punished to the full extent of the law and those affected are compensated for monies lost.

Pm
  10th of Jan, 2011
DVD Avenue - fraud

I mistakenly put in my info to purchase a dvd collection for my daughter. THEN I checked out the company - BIG mistake. Although I was able to cancel the order through e-mails. Someone in the DVD Avenue office has decided to go shopping with my credit card. I know it is them for that is the ONLY place I have used that card recently. Fortunately my bank called me right away and I have canceled the card.
Trust your guy instinct - if things don't seem right they aren't right!

Dv
  17th of Jan, 2011

This happened to me too. I ordered a dvd set from them. After I ordered, I saw all the bad reviews from them. A couple days later, my credit card company called with charges of over $700 to my account. It was flagged since it was out of the country. My card has now been canceled. I did receive the set (only 2 of the three discs worked).