DVD Avenue. Tv / Ripped off!

Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:

Ordered set of DVD's Dec 9, 2007. I never received them, and have received no response from the company other than "they're coming". Apparently, the dvd's they sell are pirated or recorded by videocamera from TV re-runs. Lost $125.00 The site has a Verified by Visa Logo, what good is that...
Ci

Comments

Sa
  16th of Nov, 2007
ordered 3 seasons of Tour of duty for165.92 on 9-18-2007. Never recived it.
Sa
  28th of Nov, 2007
I tried ordering a copy of Mama's Family for my sister's christmas present, and I accidentally put the shipping and billing addressed switched. I immediately called the number listed, and all I get is a message machine telling me that the "operator" is busy and to leave a message. I left 4 message, and no one has called me back. I then sent about 2 e-mails asking for someone to get in touch with me so I can get the addressed fixed. The next day, I noticed a "hold" on my debit card for $72. I didn't recognize the "website" address that it came from. I never use this card, so I knew it had to be this. The next day, that "hold" disappeared. I figured it didn't go through, because the biling address was wrong. I checked my account today (2 weeks later), and the same $72 charge went through to my account and paid. I was supposed to be charged only $67 from DVD Avenue TV. I went to the webaddress listed "alliedw.com" and it said something about a charge from their website, and to do a search. It came up as "no transaction". So I called that number, and I guess it is based in England. I started doing more research about DVD Avenue TV, and I am really thinking they basically have a fraud online thing going on. I wish I listened to my husband and not ordered anything. :( I looked at a few other websites/forums and people said that they actually got what they ordered, but it was basically bad quality copied off of the tv when it actually aired who knows how long ago. My "receipt" said that I should get the product in about 10-14 days. Yeah, I ordered it about 14 days ago. I'm going to go through my bank and dispute this charge. Either way, they charged me $5 more than what it said they would charge, and even if I get the product (which I doubt I will), I will send it back. No one returns calls or emails, and no one ever shows up on the "live chat"...this has definitely got to be fake....I hope they get shut down soon....

Is there any one we can report this too? I know the FCC is in charge of radio and tv...are they in charge of websites too? Who knows how many people actually order things from there and get their money stolen....
Ma
  12th of Dec, 2007
The DVDs I ordered were copied from VHS-Cassettes. The quality is terrible. Nobody answers to phone calls or emails. It has been hands-down my worst online-purchasing-experience since 1994 when I started to use the Internet. If you don't want any troubles, stay away from them. In my opinion, they're a fraud-company and therefore illegal.
Be
  28th of Dec, 2007
I ordered over $100 worth of DVDs on 12-12-2007, they said 10 days to receive. They billed my credit card immediately and never shipped the product OR sent the email with the postal tracking number. They never answer their phone or emails. FRAUD COMPANY!!!
Ck
  8th of Jan, 2008
I ordered the complete Babylon 5 series from this company dba as "TV Nation" on 12/14. Finally, after Christmas, on 12/26 I received a note saying my order had been received and would ship soon, along with an email confirmation.

My credit card has been charged but no DVDs have arrived, nor an email confirmation, and they only have a recorder at their number. Phone calls are not returned.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM -- SEEM TO BE FRAUDS.
Ag
  25th of Jan, 2008
I ordered Son of the Beach complete series (43 episodes) and only received 23, poor copies, commericial not cut out (suppose to be commerical free), and took 6 weeks to get it. Called no human around.
SAVE YOUR MONEY DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Pa
  25th of Jan, 2008
I ordered "RESCUE 8" DVD's they sent me a cartoon
instead. I asked for an exchange and have still not
received my order, I have waited four months.
I have tried to get through to them, they don't
answer calls or e-mails, even the "BBB" can't contact
them. stay away from this company.
Ma
  8th of Apr, 2008
Wow - I guess I am not the only one. I ordered Judging Amy and was told twise that it was in back order.
Then after this, no answer to emails or phone calls and still no dvd received. Now 3 months after, I have given up
Ofcause they draw the money right away., so I guess this is just lost.
Just said that the company can not be short down.
Iv
  17th of Jun, 2008
hi there!

yup all these dvd shop are all fraud: dvd avenue, tv addicts, dvd donkey, and a lot more. and those shop has been running by a big syndicate. It seems that they're holds 90% of fraud dvd shop online. I don't know if they're still running up to now.

Maybe you're thinking if its worth it to give your trust with my words, well I just want to say what I want to say w/ my former company. Yup, im a former employee of this company. I'm a Sales Rep. and I really can't it anymore their big LIES, they're all CRAP. FYI: They're not located in the US. Their big boss is a Canadian Citizen. I don't know how many offices they have, as what I've said it seems it really a big syndicated. And I dont have an Idea how many big people, and who are these people beneath all this damn lies. I've only stayed on this company for just months.

Shoot me an email if you want more info about this company, dvd avenue, tv addicts, TV Milk, Ultimate DVD Shop, DVD Donkey and a lot more.
Sb
  16th of Nov, 2008
Thank you for posting it. You saved me some money and I will not order from
AvenueTV. You should forward the complaint to Maryland State Attorney