Dutch Cleaners / Lost Clothes and will refuse to reimburse

1 27 E Kings Hwy in Audubon, NJ, 08106Audubon, NJ, United States
Phone: (856) 310-0710

Be very warned on Dutch Cleaners! Since they just opened a new store in my neighborhood located at 27 E Kings Hwy in Audubon, NJ, I decided it would be nice to try them out. A week later I came back to pick up my 7 Brooks Brothers dress shirts for work and the woman handed me someone else’s clothes. After telling her she made a mistake, she came back and announced she could not find my shirts and must have given them to another customer. After waiting patiently for over 6 weeks and stopping in to the store 3 times since I never received a phone call from the store, I was told by the store manager that I would only be reimbursed 10% of the value of my shirts. I replied that I would only be reimbursed for 7/10th of one shirt which was not fair (note the total replacement cost for me is $644). She proceeded to tell me that her conditions were clearly listed on the back of my receipt in the “fine print”, which she has never returned to me. The store manager then proceeded to be annoyed that I also requested that my prepaid cleaning fee be also reimbursed. She responded that she had dry-cleaned my shirts, not clearly comprehending that I never received the service since she gave away my clothes. I promptly switched to a reputable and honest dry cleaner who confirmed that reimbursing only 10% is not common among legitimate dry cleaners. So in short – Stay away from Dutch Cleaners! Oh and I have not been reimbursed yet for anything!

Ch