DuPont Building Innovations / False and Misleading Advertising, Breach of Warranty and Bad Faith in Customer Dispute Resolution

1 1007 Market Street, Wilmington, DE, United States

Based on DuPont's internet advertising and a sample of its "Crema Marfil" Zodiaq countertop, my wife and I purchased, through DuPont's licensed retailer and wholesaler, new countertops. The product is represented as being beige in color with marble-like veining throughout. When the countertops were installed, however, they did not resemble the advertisement or sample. The product is almost entirely solid in color with a few disparate patches that look like stains. We complained to DuPont. DuPont sent an unprofessional, biased contractor to inspect and write up a report that DuPont claimed supported its denial of coverage under its warranty. DuPont has refused to provide a copy of this report despite repeated requests. DuPont is seeking to hide behind an inconspicuous disclaimer that the color and pattern may not be identicial to the advertsing or sample. I believe that DuPont has false and misleading advertising, is in breach of its warranty and is acting in bad faith in resolving our claim. I am an attorney and would be very interested in hearing from anyone else who may have had a similar experience -- particularly with the "Crema Marfil" Zodiaq product. I am contemplating commencing formal legal action against DuPont and if there are others that are similarly situated to my wife and me, I will consider bringing the action on behalf of all such persons. If you are in a similar situation, please describe your situation in an e-mail to me. My e-mail address is [protected]@msn.com. Thank you.