Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc. / Took money and never finished loan modification

1 OH, United States Review updated:

Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc.- They were to work with the bank to get a loan modification for us. We paid them $2950 in which we were to get this money back if they didn't success with the modification. This process started in July 2009. We have called so many times since July and seemed to be getting the run around. They did start working with the bank and then it came to a dead halt. Suddenly we were having trouble getting an information from Dunn Russell. Today I called again & now there is a message that says they are out of business and bankrupt. They broke their contract with us and took our money. I want our money back. They also told us not to contact the bank directly. Should have known better. We did check up on them as best we could before we started this disaster. They even had a lawyer working with them (which we checked up on before we started all of this. Please help! We are now trying to work with the bank.

More Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      16th of Feb, 2010

Dunn Russell & Associate, took our money and has lied since 10/1/2009. we would like our money back. someon call daily untill we agree to do business with them, and paid them $1400 dollars, now we are behine on our mortage. They had a lawyer workin with them. PLEASE HELP WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK.

16th of Feb, 2010

Dunn Russell and Associate should not be allow to reopen under a new name. this is not right and we will continue to do what we have to get our money back.

18th of Feb, 2010

In Aug.2009 I hired these ###! I paid them $2995.50 They told me theywould be preforming a" Forensic Audit" they would restrusture my loan, they could extend it to 40 yrs and get a lower interest rate, they would have there attorney analyze my info and make sure I was eligable, because the dont accept cases they can not win.The next evening around 5:30pm I was told by Debbi Metcalf Dunn Russell's office in Orange Calif. She said they would take my case and I was looking at a 40yr. 3%-4% and payment would come down to 920.00 including escrow. I started getting the runaroundin sept. they wouldnt call or email they'd come up with excuse after excuse they switched SR. procesors four times and each of them would need me to refax my paperwork telling me it was incomplete, I told them I dont uderstand how that is possiable I have sent you the same papers 4 Freaking times. Be paitent this is a long process and takes time, I went into default, I faxed them the info they told me its ok . Next Im getting foreclosure papers Im coming unglued and want my moneyNo one would return my calls or my emails the next processor Robrt Tiva yes your home is being forclosed but in doesnt have a sell date, I told him I dont want it to get a [censored] sell date. My next processor is KimA. she plays her game with me and I call Steve dunn he has his turn playing the same game I call Brian the Attorney and yes now its his BS . Here is the Kick me in the teeth. on Feb. 9, 2010. Oscar D Torres Jr. my final Bullsh***er. Tells me the modification has been approved it will happen in a week or as soon as I fax him the updated doc. my lender needs he sent all the info. via email just follow the instrutions( Im thinking Oh my god is that the light at the end of the tunnel I was hoping for)? so I get all the doc. im taking them to work to fax on tuesday but I need to ask 1more question so I call and Hear"" You have reached the former office of Dunn russell..blah blah. Im saying oh god please .Have any of you received the notice in the mail they said they would be sending or know how to check if and when they filed. I am SO MAD!!! GOOD LUCK to everyone who as I Trusted these Azz*****.

20th of Feb, 2010

I just seen the same message about them filing bankruptcy. What about all of the people they took so much money from??????? I paid them $2950 from September to December of 2009 and they sure took all that money gladly... If they were going under they should have known by September and not taken my money. And now it looks as if none of us will get any of our money back. How horrible is that??? I prayed about this and researched the company and everything and now this?? All I can say is "If they think God won't get them, they're wrong." I believe God will take care of me... He always has. But it disturbs me greatly that this place got away with so much money from so many people having a hard time already. It's hard to take that much money as a loss, when a good portion was my widowed mother's money who was already having it hard, but I don't know what else to do. Anyone have any advice?? Is it squeezing blood from a turnip to demand a refund when they filed bankruptcy on all of us??? Because of these terrible people they kept taking my money and I was unable to give my kids much of a Christmas or anything. If the church hadn't helped us with groceries, we wouldn't have even had that. Thank God the Lord blessed me with a good job. I hope all of you have success in getting your money and keeping your homes... and if you hear any news on how to get your refund, please share it with all of us! Thank you!

• Ga
      20th of Feb, 2010

I am another sucker of Dunn Russell & Associates. I paid them 2995.00 and was told I would have everything done within 2-3 months. I was even sending in my pay stubs every two weeks per their request. Like the others, I started getting the run around until I got the bankruptcy message. I am very upset and want my money back as they promised if I did not get my modification completed. They wiped me out and I am now in more trouble then when I started. Please help...

22nd of Feb, 2010

I have been working with them since Jun 2009 gave them $2950.00 up front and yes same thing someone called me almost everyday until they got their money, and up until about a month ago when I started not getting calls returned and last Friday I found out that they filed bankrupcy. So what do we all do now?

• Jk
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc.- They were to work with the lender to get a loan modification for us. We paid them $2950 in which we were to get this money back if they didn't success with the modification. This process started in August 2009. We have called so many times since August and seemed to be getting the run around. They did start working with the lender and kept telling me that the lender is reviewing the file. Suddenly we were having trouble getting any information from Dunn Russell. Today I called again & now there is a message that says they are out of business and bankrupt. They broke their contract with us and took our money. I want our money back. They also told us not to contact the lender directly. Should have known better. I researched them the best I could before we started this mess. They even had a lawyer working with them (which I looked into) everything seemed legit. I signed a contract stating and confirming that I would get my money back if they were unsuccessful in getting the loan modified...well, the process was unsuccessful and I never got my services as promised!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

• Pa
      22nd of Feb, 2010

We also were taken to the cleaners by these ripoff artists. It cost us $4950 for the same run around everyone else seems to have gotten. We have been working with them since October 2009 and are worse off now than we were then thanks to Dunn Russell. From what I have read in the posts here sounds like we all got the same excuses as to why things were not getting done. I only hope that with all the complaints to the Attorney Generals Office, Better Business Bureau and the California Bar Association that these people are held accountable and pay for their crimes. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! We never received what we paid for and the services they promised to us in a modification. Funny they had a 100% money back guarantee...

23rd of Feb, 2010

Someone must know what we all can do to get our money back from these jerks. Maybe we should contact like 60 Minutes! There has to be a way to stop these people.

24th of Feb, 2010

Hi I was also a victim of dunn russell and assoc. I also payed 2950.00 but my case has been going on since feb 2009
    I also heard all the excuses that you all did and i am very upset. My loan modification still is in the works and I also dealt
    with every tom dick and harry, but the biggest liar was Oscar. I trusted these people and i also research alot on them.
    I have a husband and 3 children my husband lost his job and i am the only income.
    who knows were i'll be living probally in the streets thanks to dunn russell.
    PLEASE HELP BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!

24th of Feb, 2010

lisa furney you said the biggest liar was oscar would that be ocar torres jr.?

Feb. 9, 2010. Oscar D Torres Jr. my final Bullsh***er. Tells me the modification has been approved it will happen in a week or as soon as I fax him the updated doc. my lender needs he sent all the info. via email just follow the instrutions.

24th of Feb, 2010

After the bill in calif. passed I had noticed there web page was changing and on One occasion I noticed the nationwide loan service, so i aked one of the processer who was working on my case and she had told me the company was merging with a new company called nationwide loan service. I have been searching and here is what i have found: this link http://www.nationwideloanserv.com/links.htm on the contact us link gives an address: One liberty Place 1650 Maret street 36th floor Philadelphia, Pa 19103
    and the ph. # 866-291-6032 I called it they were closed so I hit extention 213 and the voice said Robert tiva who happened to be another processer on my case. I called the # on monday and asked were thay where located and the man said Burbank Calif. I feel Dunn Russell filed bankruptcy and merged with or is operating /renamed the company. Does anyone know and can share any info on how or whom I could we can contact to find out about this. I file complaints with Attorney General in calif -washington state ( thats were I live ) philadelphia & fannie mae. I havent had any responces yet but will keep you all informed with any info because In a group we have alot more POWER I hope this info is helpful and Please LET KEEP IN TOUCH! Lisa

• Th
      24th of Feb, 2010

We also were working with Dunn Russell...just finding out today of their bankruptcy. We haven't quite had too many problems in the past with them, but I am afraid that the problems are about to come! We are actually in a trial modification, but we feel they didn't do as much of the work on it as we did. We did go thru a few processors and the last one didn't have much time for our questions. We started our process in late September of 2009, and on our 3rd month of the trial. I have heard that we could still be denied the modification. I would like to know if anyone gets any ideas on how we could get Dunn Russell to pay back all these people that they have messed up so badly! I think that maybe someone should contact a news show to look into this!

• Pa
      26th of Feb, 2010

I am in the same boat as everyone else with Dunn Russel... What can we do to get our money back?

• We
      26th of Feb, 2010

Dunn and russell also got us to pay $2950 to modify our loan last september 2009. today, got a denial letter from my lender and called Dunn and russell and found out through voicemail that they had filed for bankruptcy.. WT[censored] what should we do now???? they took my money and nothing got modified!!! THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!. I agree with you guys, we should contact 60 minutes so they could investigate on this matter! Please let me know if anybody has a way to contact and track the former dunn and russell associates...
    -WBrown

1st of Mar, 2010

Same here everyone I got scammed too! I went to the better business bureau (www.bbb.org) to file a complaint. Awaiting their response. I did receive a letter from my bank stating that they are working on my case. Now that I know the situation with Dunn and Russell I've been pestering my bank to get a status and guess what...even they aren't being responsive. Unbelievable!

• Ho
      2nd of Mar, 2010

In today's mail (3/1/10) I received a notice from the California Bankruptcy court that Dunn Russell filed and was out of business. We started our process in April 2009 and it has been a nightmare. Like many, I did my homework prior to turning over $2950.oo (which I could have used to make a mortgage payment). I should have known things were going bad after dealing with Joan Delvalle; the worst of the worst.
    It is March 2010 and BOA is finally working with us. It is amazing that we didn't loose our home after going through this entire process.

• Ve
      2nd of Mar, 2010

We, as well as everyone who also has made these complaints, also paid Dunn Russell and Associates to help us save our home. They were paid alot of money and according to them, they were going to contact our lender and were going to be working with them to modify our loan to keep our house. We had faxed them our information several times to be told it didn't go through, or it was incomplete. Finally, things seemed to be fine and we relaxed a little bit.
    Then all of a sudden, we stopped hearing from them. When we tried to reach them, the call didn't go through. We had been working with them for several monthes. (or so we thought). Now, we are once again terrified that we are going to lose our home and don't know what to do.
    If anyone knows how we can take action and get our money back and prevent them from doing this to anyone else, please let us know. These are very hard times and we trusted in them. When we looked everything up on them, they seemed to be legite.

2nd of Mar, 2010

Yes I believe they will just move on with a different name and do this to a whole new bunch of people. I did put in a suggestion on the 60 Minutes website, telling them about our plight...I haven't heard back from them as yet, but I think we should all be doing that. Go to any tv news show...BIG ones and tell our story, if they hear it from all of us they just might help us.

Can't believe there are people out there who will do worse than kick you when you are down, I would give anyone a helping hand up, but not Dunn & Russell, they preyed on people who were scared and praying for help.

• Gr
      2nd of Mar, 2010

i agree, they took $1500 dollars of my money and never even finished the loan modification. they then said i could have my money back, after the information exchange to have my money returned nothing happened. they dont even answer the phone any more.