Dunn Russell And Associates / Mortgage Modification Fraud

1 211 N. Victory BlvdBurbank, CA, United States
Phone: 888-254-1567

After doing some research on this firm I decided to engage them at the end of June 2009 to handle my loan modification with CitiMortgage. It was my understanding that this was an ACTUAL law firm (meaning actual lawyers, and their clerks). I had to pay them the $2950 up front in order for service to start. Of course, I didn't have $3000 lying around, so they suggested that the money come from the next 3 mortgage payments that I would have made. I questioned this and was told by Mr David Allen that this is what they were telling all their clients AND that the mortgage company couldn't file any updates to my credit report because, under the FCRA, I was filing for a loan modification.

At this point I was feeling desperate because CitiMortgage was charging me an exorbitant mortgage rate, the payment DID'NT even include an escrow, and I had been borrowing on my personal credit just to make ends meet until that was running dry. My credit rating was already taking a hit because of a few missed payments here and there, as I was trying to make the mortgage payment a priority.

At any one time I NEVER got updates from Dunn Russell unless I called them several times. And even then I just got a runaround from one assigned 'processor' after another. I was told the loan mod would take no more than 90 days but by Nov 2009 (which was just at 90 days) the 'Trial Period' payment had at least just begun. This was to be a 3 month period of time afterwhich CitiMortgage would send me an offer of a permanent new rate.
After I made my 3rd payment (Feb 2010) I got mail from CitiMortgage that the original documentation for the loasn mod had never been received by them. (that is another story about the complete NON-efficiency of CitiMortgage). I called Dunn Russell to find out about this and was greeted by their bankrupcy voicemail.

More Dunn Russell And Associates Complaints & Reviews