Duke Power / Continued to charge

1 Durham, NC, United States Review updated:

I recently moved from NC to OH. On moving day I went to Duke Power to cancel my service and told the lady that I was moving and wanted to pay my outstanding power bill and cancel service. I paid the sum of $123.08 and headed back to the appartment to start the trip to Ohio. About 4 month later i started getting messages that I was going to be turned in to a collection agency if I did not pay the sum of $328 to Duke Power. They did not cancel my service and reported me to the collection agency as I was trying to remedy the problem. I eventually paid the bill that was not mine just to have it removed from my credit report. If you are going to move and have Duke Power as a utilities provider, beware when canceling your service.

Ms

Comments

Th
  5th of Aug, 2009

Eileen (er, "Principissa" or "norman bates" or whatever you are calling yourself when you read this) - try letting people get answers to their concerns instead of trolling 10 threads (at last count) trying to annoy people that actually HELP legitimate complaints. If you REALLY have a need to attack people to make yourself feel better, join a ###-fighting club or something. Leave the grown-up stuff to the grown-ups... ok?

Ge
  29th of Sep, 2009

Hey! We have opposite moves. I moved from Ohio to North Carolina a little over 8 years ago. I don't really remember having many power outages there, but I can remember dozens since I've been in NC.
Let me just tell you I feel your pain. Duke power beyond sucks. Sometimes I wonder if the reason they suck so much is because when we have one of the frequent outages they take so long to fix, the power also goes out at their plants and offices and they have lost data.

If it's not too late, I urge you to please fight to get your money back. They don't deserved to be paid a regular monthly bill most of the time, so they definitely don't deserve payment for services you never received. They should really being paying all of us $300 a year for the grief and trouble they cause.

Du
  10th of Dec, 2009

Duke has the worst service in the country. I have lived in S.C. for some time now and can't tell you how many times my power has gone out atleast 2 times a month. If we get a small rain shower the damn power goes out, and these ### care less. If you complain they have some stupid ### add 200.00 dollars to your bill because they are not happy that I didn't pay them on time. I wish there was a another company to go with, but they have us by the short hairs. I see why people go postal and show up and take out as many of this ### as possible. ### DUKE I hope they go under.